+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

I don't know man... first few weeks on DUT and 15% minox and my scalp felt a lot better. Obviously, I became foolishly optimistic. Past few days and my scalp feels worst than ever. It may be because I started RU, and I am allergic to the PG or the alcohol and it's irritating my scalp? Don't know. I doubt that's it because I have used lipogaine and 5% minoxidil for years, both of which I think contain those ingredients and never had this king of irritation. I think I am going to back off a little and reduce everything by a little bit... This is the f*cking worst experience I could ever imagine. I would literally chop both of my hands off right now to have decent density and a healthy scalp.

James and Dench, do you think we are possibly looking into the MPB side of things too much rather than the possible seborrheic dermatitis that has been caused my finasteride? I'm just wondering as RU hasn't been doing a lot for me and still getting the itchy scalp. Could be something solved with a good seborrheic dermatitis treatment?!

Quote Originally Posted by mic28 View Post
    James and Dench, do you think we are possibly looking into the MPB side of things too much rather than the possible seborrheic dermatitis that has been caused my finasteride? I'm just wondering as RU hasn't been doing a lot for me and still getting the itchy scalp. Could be something solved with a good seborrheic dermatitis treatment?!
    good point... but doesn't seborrheic dermatitis always result in dandruff and flaky skin? I never ever had this while on finasteride... How long have you been on RU? It hasn't helped at all?? I am starting to think I may slowly taper off finasteride and just go all topical. This is confusing and frustrating as all f*cking hell. My hair is horrible, SO diffused thin, you can see through the entire thing, like whispy f*cking cobwebs.

My venting aside. I think it's TE. I have had this twice in the past and had the EXACT same symptoms - general mild itch in MPB zones. But, more significantly, the EXACT same pinpoint burning in the EXACT same spot. and the feeling of ants under my skin, crawling from the left temple, to the mid-section and too the back. rinse and repeat...

Actually, with 100% certainty I think finasteride can cause TE, and if you don't get off it, it can become chronic. MANY serious medications can do this, why the hell not fin? I also believe that something like RU, especially if it doesn't go too systemic, would be unlikely to cause TE. If is WAS dermatitis, and hair loss resulted from it, I doubt it would get to the point it has now. TE is the only answer, not dermatitis, not up-regulation of receptors, not increase in T. ONLY TE can cause hair to fall out this quick, only TE. I am not sure if that is your case, but it must be mine.

Yeh James it could also be TE. I still believe I have the same symptoms as yourself.

RU has helped the odd days here and there but then I'm back to square one. I've certainly lost a lot more hair the more i think about hair loss. I remember when it wasn't that bad how I was generally ok. Now that I am so paranoid, I am constantly running my hands through my hair, in turn causing hair fall and making the situation worse. I am going to try not touch my hair throughout the day and try my best to forget about it as I believe this could be part of the possible TE cause. RU could well be working but just being overridden by the TE from stress. Either way and as bad as diffuse that I am getting now, I still believe if we get to the bottom of it, this diffuse loss can be recovered from

Quote Originally Posted by mic28 View Post
    Yeh James it could also be TE. I still believe I have the same symptoms as yourself.

RU has helped the odd days here and there but then I'm back to square one. I've certainly lost a lot more hair the more i think about hair loss. I remember when it wasn't that bad how I was generally ok. Now that I am so paranoid, I am constantly running my hands through my hair, in turn causing hair fall and making the situation worse. I am going to try not touch my hair throughout the day and try my best to forget about it as I believe this could be part of the possible TE cause. RU could well be working but just being overridden by the TE from stress. Either way and as bad as diffuse that I am getting now, I still believe if we get to the bottom of it, this diffuse loss can be recovered from
    how long have you been on RU? what concentration? (sorry, you've probably already answered this somewhere) do you microneedle your scalp ever? - this is one of the FEW things that seems to give me relief. I dermaroll (not too aggressively) and apply minox and then a little RU. There have been a couple studies that have shown a pretty drastic increase in hair counts in the dermarolling group.

All good. I've been RU since the start of December although in that time I've played about with vehicles and concentrations so need to stick to something consistent. At the minute I'm using 100mg/2ml. One thing that I am paranoid about is that my RU was batches in March 2015. Wonder if this is too long before I received it and it may be ineffective.
    I haven't tried dermarolling but I have been tempted. Does it only provide short term relief? As in 1-2 hours?

James, did you get any other signs of hyperandrogenism from Fin, or Dut? Like oilier skin/hair, acne, increased libido? I think people who respond like that are generally ****ed by AAs. Which makes me scared to go on Dut but I have no other choice now but to try and reduce scalp DHT. Please keep us updated with how Dut is going for you.

I don't have SD, my scalp looks completely healthy/normal and been to many derms/trichologists who confirmed its just AGA. Also don't have TE - I've never shed more than 5-10 hairs in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Dench57 View Post
    James, did you get any other signs of hyperandrogenism from Fin, or Dut? Like oilier skin/hair, acne, increased libido? I think people who respond like that are generally ****ed by AAs. Which makes me scared to go on Dut but I have no other choice now but to try and reduce scalp DHT. Please keep us updated with how Dut is going for you.

I don't have SD, my scalp looks completely healthy/normal and been to many derms/trichologists who confirmed its just AGA. Also don't have TE - I've never shed more than 5-10 hairs in the shower.
    My forehead was dry as a bone and my scalp didn't seem to oily, the only region was the hairline and an inch below it that was super oily. I would wake up, rub my fingers across it and my hands look like I just ate a pound of fried chicken, lol...It was somethng else man. I take showers and lost probably 50-100 hairs easy. My libido was rapidly fluctuating at first and then it remained pretty high.

I don't know what to do. I think I am actually going to drop DUT and FIN cold turkey for a few weeks and see how my scalp feels. People say this is a mistake, but f*ck it. I hate these drugs. I will continue with RU 10% every night and 15% compounded minox. I want to try and isolate these damn medications to only my scalp and see if it makes a difference. I will continue derma rolling as well. I think this is awesome for overall scalp and follicle health. Dermarolling induces a damage that initiates an explosion of growth factors to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    good point... but doesn't seborrheic dermatitis always result in dandruff and flaky skin? I never ever had this while on finasteride... How long have you been on RU? It hasn't helped at all?? I am starting to think I may slowly taper off finasteride and just go all topical. This is confusing and frustrating as all f*cking hell. My hair is horrible, SO diffused thin, you can see through the entire thing, like whispy f*cking cobwebs.

My venting aside. I think it's TE. I have had this twice in the past and had the EXACT same symptoms - general mild itch in MPB zones. But, more significantly, the EXACT same pinpoint burning in the EXACT same spot. and the feeling of ants under my skin, crawling from the left temple, to the mid-section and too the back. rinse and repeat...

Actually, with 100% certainty I think finasteride can cause TE, and if you don't get off it, it can become chronic. MANY serious medications can do this, why the hell not fin? I also believe that something like RU, especially if it doesn't go too systemic, would be unlikely to cause TE. If is WAS dermatitis, and hair loss resulted from it, I doubt it would get to the point it has now. TE is the only answer, not dermatitis, not up-regulation of receptors, not increase in T. ONLY TE can cause hair to fall out this quick, only TE. I am not sure if that is your case, but it must be mine.
    Ru can cause TE.I use it only on my temples.And then all my hair(back,sides)was thinning and shedding.

I would like to share my story and theory to see if you guys recognize anything. It's long but details determine the quality!

My situation:
    Losing hair quickly, mainly sides and area around right temple. The hair on the right Side of my hair is thinner. Hairs are long and split. The hair feels strange and falls out in the pattern of op and when you Google image Sides thinning; the first result is exactly the same Pattern. When i first noticed my hair thinning i went crazy but after a while i accepted it. But the strange thing was that i could constantly feel my scalp burning and my hairline itching. This is descriped alot on the internet. The feeling because worse so i decided to take action and search for a potential cause/solution.

Theory;
    The site hairloss-reversible provides the basic theory, look it up. The scalp is basicly a very thin muscle with very thin blood Vessels. Testosterone and aging causes the muscle to thickin restricting blood/Lymph flow causing the hairs to suffocate. The link with dht is unclear, it could be that the slow flow causes the dht to act destructing. Dht also causes facial and body hairgrowth and the subtance isn't bad per se, it could be that the disbalance caused by the enviroment makes the dht crazy. remember that rogaine/minoxidil only improve blood flow to areas. I saw some amazing results on sides and temples with rogaine.

Checking the theory:
    So i reflected on how i feel. I 've had stress for a long time, i smoke and my 4 wisdom tooths are growing causing infections. I also noticed that when i smoked weed i would transpire around my hairline making it oily. This is a sign of tired glands. The scalp inflammation was a feeling from my jaw trough the nose/eyes than temple to the Side of the crown. Exactly where the Side thinning pattern occurs. My muscles in this Area where tense and when i close my eyes i can feel a slight twitch and Heaviness. I also have alot of phleghm. In aryuveda all the signs would be linked to to much 'heat' in the head. Particles can't make there way out. There is a disbalance.

Then i googled tooth infection hair loss. There is a relation with tooth infection and this pattern! To those who have no teeth problem this is still relevant beacause it shows a underlying principle. I then google searched face veins and you can clearly see the veins going along the path i described feeding the scalp. My infections are probably cloging these veins/Lymps. I constantly say lymphs for a reason because when you Search for the lymphs around the head you can again clearly see the relation between the veins, the scalp flow and the lymphs.

To Sum up my theory;
    I think that with this kind of hairloss and maby also partially in mpb there is a disbalance in the scalp causing hairs to fall out or terminate. This disbalance shows itself as bad blood lymph flow around the head and mainly the skull (most sensitive skinn/muscle/veins/lymphs because it's most far from the heart). All kinds of things could be the Cause of this disbalance, in my case it's tooth infection, stress, bad posture (forward neck) causing restrictid flow and Tense muscles around the neck (shoulders, neck, back, face and skull. And let's not forget about smoking...

things that might help;
    Look for the cause of your bad flow. This might be stress, smoking, hormone dysfunction, surgery, tooth/ear infection.

To improve flow:
    -scalp massage/exercise
    -exercices to improve blood flow to head
    - this one i really like: search lymphic massage head, there is a great YouTube video that explains. This helped me very much, i was spitting thick saliva for hours and Every time i do this the pressure/inflammation/burning lessens. You're just pressing on your lymphs making them remove toxins and all the bad stuff that's clogging Everything. You're restoring the balance with this!
    - breathing exercises to relax muscles
    - according to some pressing hard on you nails improves blood flow to the scalp. Your nails are also (like the scalp) far away from the heart demaning alot of power. By pressing you're nails you're pushing the blood to other places (like standing on a water bed). Also check out how the lymps system is unevenly distributed at the left and right body half.

My direct answer;
    I'm going to the dentist asap. I'm going to quit smoking. I'm going to do some yoga exercises to improve head blood flow and scalp exercise. I also bought rogaine to improve blood flow.

Excuse me for the rought text, english is not my native language. I included alot of symptoms for others to find this info.

Please share your thoughts!