+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Ziggy, I am glad to hear man!! everything will sort itself out eventually... Have any of you tried derma rolling on the effected areas? I just got one, mostly out of curiosity and tried it, just a couple times. Somehow, it does make my scalp feel awesome, AND it takes away this pesky itch that has been occuring in my left temple... thoughts?
    Hey James, I actually have a dermroller. I used to mess around with it when I used minoxidil, but never really kept it going. I think I was going to hard on my scalp. That makes sense though that it's taking your itch away because your probably stimulating better blood flow in that area. I think that's why minoxidil worked so well with me and why I had that itch in the first place. Probably had to do with dht hurting the blood supply. I'm seeing another derm that specializes in hairloss to figure out what's exactly happening and I might try and go on oral minox at 5mg. Not entirely sure yet, but I need to avoid irritation on my head. Did you get your roller off of amazon? Mine was like $7 off there lol might have be to thick of needles and why it was hurting me so much.

Yeah don't worry bud you're not alone.
    It's been about 4 months since I stopped. At first I prayed for It to be TE and for a while I had a pretty decent case for it to be so, all the hairs I shed were thick and healthy with White bulbs on the end. But as time has gone on new hair has started to grow through and they look minaturized and the ones still being shed are frail, sometimes white towards the end with a tapering thickness from top to bottom. Sucks.
    Even if the initial shed was TE, all it's done seemingly is speed up MPB.

That's very true bro you would have done it regardless. We all want to believe in a drug that is claimed to be so safe by so many. I for one have just about resisted the urge so far because I'm in a relationship and I think any form sexual sides would put a lot of strain on it, if I was single I probably would have already tried propecia.

On the almost-brightside you can be glad a hair transplant sounds like a viable option for you. If you only recede from the front with no crown loss then sounds like a HT would fix your problem forever.
    I'm seemingly diffuse thinning, and potentially losing all over the top. On days I use regenepure, which leaves my hair a little flat and lifeless, hiding scalp can be troublesom. I'd say I'm still a Norwood 1 with a bit of crown loss (hidden the way I style my hair) but the density behind my hairline is destroyed, in bright lights or sunlight if I have my fringe up you can see the damage.
    But yeah, sounds like you're the perfect candidate for a HT at least.

Hey not giving up, it usually takes about 6 months for acute TE to subside and miniaturized hair is often a good sign that you're recovering. Some people don't even see regrowth until after 6 months so keep monitoring it and try and either use minox or take a good b complex becUse upon reading about TE, one dermatologist stated that they treated TE with b6 shots.

Hey ziggy. Okay that's interesting wasn't aware of that. Does TE present itself with burning too? My hair loss Is mostly in terms of density as far as I can tell and I can achieve a fair few hairs if I gently pull on the sides or back, but the majority of loss is from on top.
    Like I said I had pretty much ruled out TE due to the duration and the fact I started shedding minaturized hair along with healthy hair where as before it was mostly all healthy hair being shed.
    I can only see within the hairline obviously but I've got a lot of small hairs growing through but I thought them being minaturized would indicate MPB?
    All this hairloss m'lark is so confusing.

I didn't even have the itch and burn until after I used alpecin shampoo and lotion. It really burned when I used the energiser lotion, only used it for a few days when I first noticed the loss but ive had typical MPB burn and itch since (about 4 months ago.)

Oh, and before I end the essay (sorry about that btw) I've also noticed my eyebrows are pretty easy to pull out and fall out of their own accord.They itch too sometimes.

Minox might be the answer if it continues but it's for life obviously, so I'm holding before making that commitment until I know for sure this won't correct itself.

Hey guys,

Just a bit of an update on my situation. I have maintained finasteride at 1.25mg every second day for 2 weeks after using it every day for a year and getting nothing but shedding and diffuse loss. I am now starting to get a few pimples on my face and neck in keeping with acne. Wondering where to go next. Want to stop finasteride completely and maybe start up again later but afraid I might get a large amount of loss. Can't really lose much more as I'm pretty diffuse at the moment.
    Should be starting my 1mg oral minoxidil in the next few days so that might give me hope for re growth. It's a low dose but dermatologist reckons due to potential heart problems she doesn't want to go any higher yet.

Mic28,
    You used it for a year and you lost a ton of hair... may I ask, why are you starting again? It obviously doesn't work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mic28 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just a bit of an update on my situation. I have maintained finasteride at 1.25mg every second day for 2 weeks after using it every day for a year and getting nothing but shedding and diffuse loss. I am now starting to get a few pimples on my face and neck in keeping with acne. Wondering where to go next. Want to stop finasteride completely and maybe start up again later but afraid I might get a large amount of loss. Can't really lose much more as I'm pretty diffuse at the moment.
    Should be starting my 1mg oral minoxidil in the next few days so that might give me hope for re growth. It's a low dose but dermatologist reckons due to potential heart problems she doesn't want to go any higher yet.
    Hey mic, you may be one of the responders that needs a very low dose of the drug. Also, 1mg loniten is not going to do much of anything in terms of regrowth from what I understand. 5mg is what seems to be safest and effective. Is your derm just trying to see how your body will react to oral minoxidil?

Hey James,

To be honest things were going ok enough up until a couple of months ago and I lost a lot of hair with an itchy scalp etc. it's not that I have been losing the whole time. Things look very diffuse when the sunlight or bright light hits my head...I may aswell be bald to be honest it's that bad. I'm just afraid that it's a massive shed and will come back, although my hair is very thin now.

Hey Ziggy,

The dermatologist just wants to see how I fair out with the 1mg at first. If I'm all good then il ask to go higher.

I'm really unsure of where to go from here. I could quit and I may see a big recovery due to propecia not being effective or I could go even thinner and more diffuse. This is very depressing!

Yeah it is extremely depressing mic! I'm in the same situation where I took the pill with VERY minimal loss. Now, my hair is getting extremely thin on and behind my hairline and my shedding has been going on for 9 months now.. I feel so trapped now! I wish prp worked because I'd just start maintaining with that, but it's not worth wasting the money on. And then there is dutasteride which could f*** us even more or save us... Again, might not be worth the risk. Oral minox was shown to grow hair a lot better than topical so if you do well on 1mg (fingers crossed) get on 5 and you should thicken up considerably. Do you know how much that stuff is by any chance?

Ziggy, you think the sides or oral minoxidil are worth it and dutasteride is not? I don't know man, those are some nasty, nasty sides. I would be really afraid to mess around with my cardiovascular health.