Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TooMuchHairWontKillYou
    • Apr 2015

How to deal with burning sensation

I'm diffuse thinner and Ive got burning sensation on the top of my head. My doctor gave me Laticort liquid. I apply it once in every 3 days after shower (on dry hair) and leave it before next shower (its not greasy at all).

I totally advise you this product it really helps me and fights burning in seconds.

Comment

• jamesst11
      • Jun 2014

Dench, that's really weird. It seems to have only thinned slightly in ONE region at your right temple. Still, doesn't look bad AT ALL. My hair is more diffuse then that, especially at the temples. I can't really see any thinning on your crown. Here's the thing though... it looked to me like your right temple was already slightly thinning. Is that why you started finasteride? What does your left temple look like? If it hasn't thinned at all then you are probably in luck. Also, it doesn't appear to me like you are diffused at all? Or maybe it's just because your hair is long and dry? I don't know man. This is indeed one weird drug. I am still shedding a pretty solid amount. I have VERY SLIGHT scalp sensations and you are starting to make me nervous bro! I am on my last legs here.

Comment

• Ziggyz123
        • Feb 2015

Yeah Dench, I see what you are talking about and it's exactly what happened to me. Mine is actually way worse than yours.. You're lucky that you have curly thick hair man! Getting a transplant with that will be an amazing yield if you ever do it! Crown looks good to me. Honestly, maybe we both need stronger aa's.. However, on the lower dose of fin, my hair is less oily and my scalp pain isn't all the time. Maybe you could start back on a really low dose? In all honesty, minox would probably regrow that.. Keep you're head up man, you still look good my friend �� I know the burning is just impossible to deal with

Comment

• jamesst11
          • Jun 2014

Ziggy and Dench,
          From that loss, you see any new little regrowth? You all lost a lot at once and since it takes no time to lose and a lot of time to regrow, perhaps you're gonna play catch up?

Comment

• Dench57
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jamesst11
            Dench, that's really weird. It seems to have only thinned slightly in ONE region at your right temple. Still, doesn't look bad AT ALL. My hair is more diffuse then that, especially at the temples. I can't really see any thinning on your crown. Here's the thing though... it looked to me like your right temple was already slightly thinning. Is that why you started finasteride? What does your left temple look like? If it hasn't thinned at all then you are probably in luck. Also, it doesn't appear to me like you are diffused at all? Or maybe it's just because your hair is long and dry? I don't know man. This is indeed one weird drug. I am still shedding a pretty solid amount. I have VERY SLIGHT scalp sensations and you are starting to make me nervous bro! I am on my last legs here.
            Yeah the the burning patch was localized to just that spot for several months, where it's thinned the most, in the last few months though it's kinda just everywhere, so I can look forward to thinning and receding all across my hairline. My natural pattern wouldn't have been diffuse thinning, just frontal recession and some thinning at the crown I think. Be thankful you only have slight scalp sensations, I basically have chronic pain, burning and itching. Today it was so bad I had to call in sick to work, just excruciating pain all day and taking both Indomethacin and Naproxen didn't do anything. My quality of life is basically non-existent. It's honestly terrifying. There are still a lot of options for you to get that under control so don't worry too much.

Originally posted by Ziggyz123
            Yeah Dench, I see what you are talking about and it's exactly what happened to me. Mine is actually way worse than yours.. You're lucky that you have curly thick hair man! Getting a transplant with that will be an amazing yield if you ever do it! Crown looks good to me. Honestly, maybe we both need stronger aa's.. However, on the lower dose of fin, my hair is less oily and my scalp pain isn't all the time. Maybe you could start back on a really low dose? In all honesty, minox would probably regrow that.. Keep you're head up man, you still look good my friend �� I know the burning is just impossible to deal with
            But the thing about transplants is, they can never replicate your natural density. So naturally I had/still kinda have good density, but I'll never be able to get that back with a transplant, I just want to hang on to my natural hair but it's impossible. I know my hair still looks okay now, and for me the scalp pain is absolutely my main concern. My hair is obviously precious to me, but I would honestly drop a norwood if it meant I could live a pain free life.

I honestly don't ever wanna **** with Fin/AA's ever again, but if Sulfasalazine doesn't work, I'll have no choice but to go back on a low dose of Fin and see if it helps. There's no logic to that, Fin got me into this mess and gave me scalp pain and itching in the first place, so I don't see why suddenly it would have the opposite effect and help me now. It's such a messed up situation.

Comment

• Dench57
              • Sep 2014

Ziggy and Dench,

From that loss, you see any new little regrowth? You all lost a lot at once and since it takes no time to lose and a lot of time to regrow, perhaps you're gonna play catch up?
              I certainly haven't seen any regrowth, just continuous miniaturisation and recession. Like I said I don't really shed much anyway, never have and hopefully never will. It's just miniaturisation, which is obviously worse than shedding. With my constant scalp pain/itch my scalp is obviously a very unhealthy environment to grow new hair, anything growing in will just be thin and weak. I'm trying to stay positive and tell myself if I get this under control then the thin hairs I do have can come back stronger. No other choice really.

Comment

• jamesst11
                • Jun 2014

Well, one thing I can say is that hair regrowth is strange and elusive, yet some how it happens...through the past year, I've looked into my hair under high magnification and couldn't spot much regrowth... HOWEVER, if I have been shedding an average of 150 hairs a day, well that's 4500 PER MONTH (scary I know) which means that over 10 months alone, I have shed 45000 HAIRS... which means, without regrowth, I would have gone slick bald twice, haha... sooo, my point is, you're obviously regrowing your hair, you just can't see it. Did I just blow you mind or what? haha

Comment

• Dench57
                  • Sep 2014

Well, one thing I can say is that hair regrowth is strange and elusive, yet some how it happens...through the past year, I've looked into my hair under high magnification and couldn't spot much regrowth... HOWEVER, if I have been shedding an average of 150 hairs a day, well that's 4500 PER MONTH (scary I know) which means that over 10 months alone, I have shed 45000 HAIRS... which means, without regrowth, I would have gone slick bald twice, haha... sooo, my point is, you're obviously regrowing your hair, you just can't see it. Did I just blow you mind or what? haha
                  Well I don't really shed, so I'm not physically losing much hair, it's just the hair that I have is miniaturizing and dying

Also saw this from a guy in the first Seti group buy:

I've been taking 150mg/day orally for six days now with no side effects and a reduction of scalp inflammation.
                  Sounds promising. Man if I wasn't going travelling I would be all over that second group buy. By the time it would arrive I'd already be in Thailand though. Something to think about Ziggy!

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                    • Feb 2015

Hey guys, I haven't had regrowth at all. And I still shed about 30 hairs in the shower alone.. My hairline got horrible on one side and the other is itching and still receding.

That's pretty crazy that someone made that claim about seti. I don't understand how they are taking it orally? Are they weighing the powder and like putting it in a glass of water?? I might need to pm someone about a group buy ASAP.

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                      • Feb 2015

Then again, it could be all in that guy's head. He said reduction not cessation and he's been taking a decent dose for a week already. I hope this stuff does actually work.

Dench, do you want me to buy a shipment for you and when you're back I can try and ship it out? Idk if it be worth a try or not, but just let me know man.

Comment

• Dench57
                        • Sep 2014

Yeah that's true he only mentioned reduction. Can only be a good sign though. It's been tested at 1000mg a day with very little side effects, so if it's dose-dependent, higher amounts could result in cessation of inflammation and obviously better for hair. I don't know if the amounts we'll be using can be that beneficial, considering it is being trialled at 500mg-1000mg daily I think. Obviously it's way too expensive for that right now.

I'm actually considering getting on that 2nd group buy (closes 11/08) if I hear any more positive reports about inflammation. Then I'd have to ask my parents to ship it out for me once I had settled in Australia hopefully. I don't even know what the deal would be getting something like that through customs/across the border. Thanks for offering though that's very generous of you!

As for the oral, I'm not sure how people are taking it. I don't think it really matters - just measure it in a special measuring spoon, then pop it in a glass of water and drink it? I think a lot of people are taking some time to measure it and put each dose in empty capsules, which is what I'd do. Few hours spent measuring and making capsules, then you could just stick all the capsules in a bag/bottle and treat it like any other tablet/oral.

Comment

• dontwanttobald
                          • Mar 2015

Would it be possible to get on this group buy? If seti helps with inflammation/itch then I really want in

Comment

• Not giving up
                            • Jun 2015

How is that guy taking IT orally? That would be a dream for me as I hate topicals.
                            I'd be interested in a group buy.

Comment

• TeloS
                              • Apr 2015

Guys, for me what stopped the itching part was to take Accutane, 10 mg, one day on 2... I had thin hair on these areas, and now it is regrowing fast...
                              THing is my itching was related to an overexcess of sebum... So it was the perfect solution for me. I was shedding like maybe 50 hair daily during this period, nowadays i can' even see hair falling...
                              i precise that the itching was unbearable before, i was scratching myself on the crown, and on my left temple. i was also having a LOT of dandruff. I had to shampoo everyday.

Nowadays i do 2 shampoos a week

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                                • Feb 2015

Accutane.. Hmm, the only thing I've ever read about that is how it causes telogen effluvium or just further loss. I do have sebum on some of the hairs I shed, right around the root bulb. Maybe it would work? Idk.. A doc prescribed it for you?

Comment

Working...