+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sense you are hell-bent on having proof. There is no evidence that DHT is made in the hair follicle, we find it there we only speculate that it’s synthesized there. If you dissect a body the highest quantity of DHT found anywhere is the prostate BY FAR!!! Most of your information comes from assumed scientific fact while mine comes from observed scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    Hair growth is affected by multiple factors much like the growth of a plant in your garden. You do not simply plant a seed in dry ground and expect the sun to do all the work. You also need water. Additionally this water and soil needs certain nutrients to maintain the optimal level of plant health. The soil must be loose enough for aeration to occur otherwise the water cannot move about freely to the roots. Well much like a plant needing sun, water, and nutrients hair needs nutrient rich blood, hormones and a healthy thick loose scalp. Some hormones promote body and facial hair and some promote hair on the head. It just so happens that the hormone that promotes facial and body hair also damages hair on the head under the “wrong” condition. I will get to that wrong condition in a moment. First what is this hormone that promotes facial and body hair and is also the main cause for Male Pattern Baldness (MPB)? It’s called Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and it’s a potent androgen that is converted from Testosterone (T) in many places but primarily in your Prostate. This is common knowledge that DHT is the culprit behind MPB and all medications on the market aim at stopping this conversion of T-DHT. The only medication that has had any real success with this was first introduced to the public under the brand name Propecia. Propecia claims to block the enzyme responsible for making this conversion of T-DHT and that enzyme is called the 5-Alpha Reductase. If you don’t already know, an enzyme is a catalyst that speeds up or in some cases makes a chemical reaction happen that otherwise would not have been possible. Propecia makers originally prescribed the medication for people experiencing Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride. In other words BPH is simply an enlarged prostate usually noticed by an increased in urine frequency and in most cases difficulty urinating. Propecia works by reducing the size of the prostate and it was later that it was discovered to grow hair on balding crowns of men. Sense then they have hypothesized that Propecia blocks T-DHT conversion via the inhibiting of the 5-Alpha Reductase. Its mechanism for doing this or to what degree it does is irrelevant because it’s merely counter acting what causes the prostate to work which is the 5-Alpha Reductase which is activated via ejaculation. As Testosterone leaves the testicle(s) along with Sperm it travels to the Prostate where the semen is excreted through Dermal Cells to join the Semen to make the total ejaculate http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2055645. Semen from the prostate keeps the sperm alive in the highly acidic Vagina. 95% of the Testosterone that gets to the prostate is converted into Dihydrotestosterone. These hormones are very much essential for reproductions and go on to be key in mammalian hair growth. Around age 12 your prostate is only the size of pea where it begins a rapid growth phase that will slow down in your early 20’s. After you have reached this age and subsequently this size prostate you now are able per ejaculation to put out more DHT than ever before. So then DHT will promote hair growth in many places in your body before it affects hair however at high enough levels you begin to experience free DHT that simply has nowhere to go. A hair has growth phase of 6 years so if you have all the hair you need growing and you continue to have high DHT it’s going to be expelled out of your body VIA acne.
    5-ar is produced with or without ejaculation.
    Ejaculation occurs with or without sex/masturbation.
    Quantity of acne and body hair aren't known to appreciably fluctuate with frequency of ejaculation--not from person to person and not over time in an individual. Probably because the average level of DHT in a person, over time, does not significantly change with the frequency of ejaculation.
    Fin has been considered a 5-ar inhibitor since it was sold as purely a prostate drug; it wasn't marketed as purely a "prostate shrinker" which then was "theorized" to inhibit 5-ar.
    Prostate shrinkage is the result of finasteride binding to the 5-ar enzyme and inhibiting production of DHT, not the other way around.

Now this would be fine if it were not for that “condition” that I mentioned in the beginning. Because of various factors that are being discovered as you read this the scalp of males and females can become very tight. It is in this tight scalp that DHT cannot make it across the tiny capillaries running across the top of your head. The DHT literally gets clogged in the “run off” to the hair follicle and the hair starves to death. The tightness of the scalp comes in many forms and where that pressure is applied is what will begin this balding process and also how fast the pressure is applied will determine how quickly you lose your hair in those areas. Some people the pressure gives at certain areas so they don’t lose as much hair other it’s all over and for some there is no pressure at all and you experience heavy body hair, acne, or sweat profusely and DHT exits without causing any hair loss at all.
    Tightness of scalp as a hair loss catalyst is a wives tale with no solid evidence behind it. Many hair loss sufferers have higher scalp laxity than average, particularly those who perform scalp exercises in the run up to hair transplantation. Also many men free of MPB have tight scalps.
    I don't know why this old idea doesn't die off in the era of the internet but here it is. Hair transplants alone kill this idea off. When you transplant DHT-sensitive follicles from the scalp to anywhere else, they keep miniaturizing regardless of surrounding tissue laxity. Yet hairs transplanted from the horse shoe region do not.

There is no evidence that DHT is made in the hair follicle, we find it there we only speculate that it’s synthesized there.
    "Don't troll me bro."

On a last note, the reason I put emphasis on having ANY study showing that reduced ejaculation can slow, stop or reverse hair loss is because that's what would demonstrate a causal relationship. Correlation isn't cause. Determining a cause takes more than cherry picking a handful of observations and playing connect-the-dots with guesswork. E.g. from what we know about saw palmetto, it "makes sense" that this substance SHOULD be able to prevent or at least noticeably slow MPB. But it doesn't. It simply doesn't work.
    The same goes for abstinence and scalp massages, except neither has the amount of promising evidence behind it as saw palmetto once did.

.......however like with SP, we have a long procession of anecdotes from men who tried to treat their MPB by not ejaculating and by exercising their scalps. And like with SP, they failed to show improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    5-ar is produced with or without ejaculation.
    Ejaculation occurs with or without sex/masturbation.
    Quantity of acne and body hair aren't known to appreciably fluctuate with frequency of ejaculation--not from person to person and not over time in an individual. Probably because the average level of DHT in a person, over time, does not significantly change with the frequency of ejaculation.
    Fin has been considered a 5-ar inhibitor since it was sold as purely a prostate drug; it wasn't marketed as purely a "prostate shrinker" which then was "theorized" to inhibit 5-ar.
    Prostate shrinkage is the result of finasteride binding to the 5-ar enzyme and inhibiting production of DHT, not the other way around.

Tightness of scalp as a hair loss catalyst is a wives tale with no solid evidence behind it. Many hair loss sufferers have higher scalp laxity than average, particularly those who perform scalp exercises in the run up to hair transplantation. Also many men free of MPB have tight scalps.
    I don't know why this old idea doesn't die off in the era of the internet but here it is. Hair transplants alone kill this idea off. When you transplant DHT-sensitive follicles from the scalp to anywhere else, they keep miniaturizing regardless of surrounding tissue laxity. Yet hairs transplanted from the horse shoe region do not.

"Don't troll me bro."

On a last note, the reason I put emphasis on having ANY study showing that reduced ejaculation can slow, stop or reverse hair loss is because that's what would demonstrate a causal relationship. Correlation isn't cause. Determining a cause takes more than cherry picking a handful of observations and playing connect-the-dots with guesswork. E.g. from what we know about saw palmetto, it "makes sense" that this substance SHOULD be able to prevent or at least noticeably slow MPB. But it doesn't. It simply doesn't work.
    The same goes for abstinence and scalp massages, except neither has the amount of promising evidence behind it as saw palmetto once did.

5-Ar is produced without ejaculation....? PROVE IT... This and everything you have said including your claim that ejaculation frequency doesn't effect hair loss is a lie because you have not scientific proof. None show me a study that says if you dont ejaculate 5-Ar is still made show me one. You don't have any but you believe so much that ejaculation has nothing to do with hair loss you just assume.

5-Ar is produced without ejaculation....? PROVE IT... This and everything you have said including your claim that ejaculation frequency doesn't effect hair loss is a lie because you have not scientific proof. None show me a study that says if you dont ejaculate 5-Ar is still made show me one. You don't have any but you believe so much that ejaculation has nothing to do with hair loss you just assume.

5-ar is produced not only in the reproductive anatomy but the skin. You don't have to ejaculate for this to happen, in fact males with anejaculation disorder still create the enzyme in their tissues. Anejaculation is actually fairly common and if it caused a complete halt of all 5-ar production (therefore a halt on all DHT synthesis) it would be highly obvious. (Come to think of it, a male going through puberty with anejaculation would not even be able to develop normally.)
    Also females produce the 5-ar enzyme despite having different sexual anatomy (no prostate, testes, epididymis, etc.) and despite that they don't "ejaculate" in the sense men do. I don't know who gave you the idea that the body cannot create 5-ar without ejaculating but it's a completely random connection.
    And I have no burden of evidence as far as "ejaculation doesn't make you lose your hair," it's not my responsibility to prove a negative. You're the one claiming ejaculation DOES make you lose hair, so the burden of proof is on you, or at least the burden to give us some kind of solid evidence of a causal relationship. This is like me insisting that ejaculation causes blindness because you don't have controlled studies to demonstrate it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post

5-ar is produced not only in the reproductive anatomy but the skin. You don't have to ejaculate for this to happen, in fact males with anejaculation disorder still create the enzyme in their tissues. Anejaculation is actually fairly common and if it caused a complete halt of all 5-ar production (therefore a halt on all DHT synthesis) it would be highly obvious. (Come to think of it, a male going through puberty with anejaculation would not even be able to develop normally.)
    Also females produce the 5-ar enzyme despite having different sexual anatomy (no prostate, testes, epididymis, etc.) and despite that they don't "ejaculate" in the sense men do. I don't know who gave you the idea that the body cannot create 5-ar without ejaculating but it's a completely random connection.
    And I have no burden of evidence as far as "ejaculation doesn't make you lose your hair," it's not my responsibility to prove a negative. You're the one claiming ejaculation DOES make you lose hair, so the burden of proof is on you, or at least the burden to give us some kind of solid evidence of a causal relationship. This is like me insisting that ejaculation causes blindness because you don't have controlled studies to demonstrate it doesn't.
    I have no doubt that dht is created in the muscles and tissue small number but primarily in the prostate. Women have a female prostate that even releases hormones during ejaculation look it up. Men have much higher occurrence of balding and explain why Castrated men don't bald if the tissue dht is so detrimental?