+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    Why would anyone listen to a guy who doesn't even know how to spell semen? I know you're not gonna listen to this but you really gotta stop making up your own theories.

wat R u mi 6th grade Inglesh Teecher. Way to go you found a spelling error just to spite you I will conclude this message with a very long run on sentence that will hopefully further anoy you the suggestion you made for me to not formulate theories is bogus how can you expect to ever further the knowledge or body of evidence building science up if you don't formulate theories and test them

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I would avoid propecia at all costs, I would rather go bald.
    You are 18 and you can **** up your body entirely, not only your dick.

Wait till +21 to shoot yourself in the mouth. Even if you have no side effects at the beggining, you have to live with the fear of having that drug within your system and that in my opinion is worse than going bald.

I could not agree more.

Why would anyone listen to a guy who doesn't even know how to spell semen? I know you're not gonna listen to this but you really gotta stop making up your own theories.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2055645

This is not my theories. Its fact. Period.

Some of you chose not to read this fact!. So here is a very short intro lesson on the function of the prostate its one f***ing paragraph I wont spoon feed you any more read it.

Testosterone is made in the testicles where it travels to the prostate and is secreted through epithelial cells (for those of you who don’t know those are surface cells of organs primarily responsible for secretion and absorption) and at the same time is converting 95% of T to DHT. This is a required process for ejaculation or in other words to fill up the prostate before each time you use it because your body does just that to keep you ready at all times in fact its able to do this very quickly within a few minutes. That would mean, simply put, each ejaculation not only takes away Testosterone but increased DHT and that is fact numb skulls. What’s worse as you get older your prostate get so big it reduces urine flow and this over sized prostate converts more DHT then ever. Then you hit a certain age (around 50) and Testosterone begins to plummet leaving much less free T to convert to DHT which in turn lowers DHT as well all though whatever young new process keeping your hair healthy and working are long passed and DHT by this time will have done its dirty work.

I know you're trying to help but the abstinence "treatment" is a dead end, always has been. Like scalp tightness, blood flow, bad air, etc. it is an old wives tale that started before any of us were born. Every few years another round of people new to hair loss try to resurrect these ideas on balding forums and force puzzle pieces together that don't fit. We already know why dut/fin work.
    There's no need to imagine mysteries where we already have answers, no need to reinvent the wheel. Occam's Razor does away with these wives tales very cleanly.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I know you're trying to help but the abstinence "treatment" is a dead end, always has been. Like scalp tightness, blood flow, bad air, etc. it is an old wives tale that started before any of us were born. Every few years another round of people new to hair loss try to resurrect these ideas on balding forums and force puzzle pieces together that don't fit. We already know why dut/fin work.
    There's no need to imagine mysteries where we already have answers, no need to reinvent the wheel. Occam's Razor does away with these wives tales very cleanly.
    Your dead wrong. The guys who actually give this a shot leave these forums because they have no use for them anymore. You have it backwards your the ones wrong and thats why your still here.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    Your dead wrong. The guys who actually give this a shot leave these forums because they have no use for them anymore. You have it backwards your the ones wrong and thats why your still here.
    hahah yeah that must be it man. They're keeping all the secrets to themselves. You are hilariously out of touch with reality.

I'm gonna make a new theory that chewing gum every day will prevent cancer. Prove me wrong world.

You can see for yourself (even on this forum) the guys who tried this and failed.
    On the other hand we have no evidence anywhere of guys regrowing hair by not shagging or wanking--while most of us on proven treatments have already maintained and regrown. I have the MPB gene yet my hair has been getting better and better for 2 years....guys who are really hurt by hair loss can be like me, or they can be like the guys who walk around gritting teeth desperate for release, yet still falling down the NW scale. (One of the few things worse than balding is balding and not even having sex, by choice!)
    I'll be here until medical science regrows 100% of the hair I want, because I'm vain. Even after that I may keep coming back to call out snake oil, because even when we have a compete solution, there will be guys trying to avoid them with abstinence and scalp massages. (And saw palmetto, oxygen treatments, standing on their heads, shellfish oil, and scalp rollers, and on and on....) Kind of like how there are cancer victims who have a 90% chance to get well with known methods but instead go to homeopaths and die.

I'm gonna make a new theory that chewing gum every day will prevent cancer. Prove me wrong world.
    Well I chew gum at least once a week and I'm over 2 and a half decades cancer free. In fact I don't have a single post on cancer forums!

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    You can see for yourself (even on this forum) the guys who tried this and failed.
    On the other hand we have no evidence anywhere of guys regrowing hair by not shagging or wanking--while most of us on proven treatments have already maintained and regrown. I have the MPB gene yet my hair has been getting better and better for 2 years....guys who are really hurt by hair loss can be like me, or they can be like the guys who walk around gritting teeth desperate for release, yet still falling down the NW scale. (One of the few things worse than balding is balding and not even having sex, by choice!)
    I'll be here until medical science regrows 100% of the hair I want, because I'm vain. Even after that I may keep coming back to call out snake oil, because even when we have a compete solution, there will be guys trying to avoid them with abstinence and scalp massages. (And saw palmetto, oxygen treatments, standing on their heads, shellfish oil, and scalp rollers, and on and on....) Kind of like how there are cancer victims who have a 90% chance to get well with known methods but instead go to homeopaths and die.

I know one thing for sure your a smart person. I have no doubt that you have come to your conclusions with honest reading and consideration. I also know that from your words you believe passionately there is no correlation in fact we can call it the common belief even amongst doctors today. What you don't know is there has not been a person report a year of abstinence on any forum not one. If propecia takes a year then Why not abstinence. Second, I have had personal experiences and conversations with many people who have cured hair loss with full abstinence. I my self have not been able to go longer then 3 weeks because I don't care enough about going bald to give that up. However I do know it's my choice and people who have never used forums have not had the bad stigma that comes on forums. These people cured their hair loss and never knew there was a forum for hair loss. So be like me say fu*k it but don't deny that you can stop it with abstinence. Dht will stop If you don't use your prostate and none of you can say different because you haven't tested it so u don't know. Science has had numerous explanations that contradict previous "facts" every day for as long as mankind has been here. The world was not flat. So then the only thing you can rely on is self testing.