Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by dex89
    LOL I kinda relate to this accept the suicide part. I think the only cure for this is having that "I don't give a ****" attitude. No?
    Equivalent to throwing in the towel. Won't matter, society will still treat you like dog shit over your hair so it really isn't YOU with body dysmorphic disorder... it's society.

Comment

• FlightTL
      • Jun 2011

I have some form of BDD I'm pretty sure.

Comment

• OrdinaryUser
        • Jul 2014

My hair has always been an intimate part of my self-image, how I am perceived by others, and it going away renders me powerless and in a crisis of some sort at my age. I wouldn't be as obsessed with this if my hair loss presented itself in my 30s or so. But in my 20s, when I have yet to fully construct my life, it's just a burden and absolute impediment. So I do have some correspondence to BDD, but I am taking it awfully hard because of the fact that I don't look in optimal standing for my age--when appearance is most crucial. I am sure I will get over it once my balding has really progressed, irreparably so, and then I feel like I can accept it better and move on because there is nothing I can do at all about it.

Comment

• OrdinaryUser
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by hellouser
          Equivalent to throwing in the towel. Won't matter, society will still treat you like dog shit over your hair so it really isn't YOU with body dysmorphic disorder... it's society.
          Well you have to prepare for this event anyway. You can't keep your hair forever, that is if you have any. The majority of people aren't going to treat you like shit exclusively for your hair, or a wrinkle,etc. The minority that do are self-consumed douchebags whose opinion shouldn't matter to a self-respecting person. Everyone has a blemish or flaw about them, you can't defy the properties of naturally aging, etc. This is just an unrealistic expectation.

Comment

Working...