+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default baldness treatment may lie in stressed hair follicles

They mention "proteins that guide the immune cells" - could this have any relation to Dr Cots study surrounding PGD2??

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    They mention "proteins that guide the immune cells" - could this have any relation to Dr Cots study surrounding PGD2??
    Yea totally, PGd2 is involved there. So its a paradox. The hair cells sense a problem, they signal for immune cells, immune cells produce pgd2, death of follicle?

Rather than 'stress applied to skin'. For MPB, its the immune system reacting to DHT?

http://www.nature.com/ni/journal/vao...l/ni.2353.html

Thats the study. Heres another that says Langerhans cells release PGd2...

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1.../5700586a.html

Im noticing the rate in which new information is become available is getting faster and faster...

As long as they keep finding these new discoveries, i have no problem with it. We can say atleast they are working on it and didn't give up on baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Yea totally, PGd2 is involved there. So its a paradox. The hair cells sense a problem, they signal for immune cells, immune cells produce pgd2, death of follicle?

Rather than 'stress applied to skin'. For MPB, its the immune system reacting to DHT?

http://www.nature.com/ni/journal/vao...l/ni.2353.html

Thats the study. Heres another that says Langerhans cells release PGd2...

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1.../5700586a.html

The way I read it is:

DHT (which is a very potent androgen) comes into contact with follicles, the follicles react by releasing proteins to guide immune cells to remove the DHT but they end up destroying the cells required for the follicle to regenerate over time, leading to thinner and thinner hair after every cycle because before each cycle another chunk of cells have been attacked by this process. Eventually the hair follicle is attacked so much that it is so small the immune system doesnt even recognise it as a problem (this links to Dr Cots study on hair follicles in slick bald scalps STILL producing microscopic invisible to the naked eye hairs). OR... the hair follicle is attacked so much it loses the ability to produce the proteins to call the immune cells.

Inactive

what about scalproller? it's also stress for the follicules - but it helps growth?

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    what about scalproller? it's also stress for the follicules - but it helps growth?
    If DHT is causing proteins to signal the immune system to 'attack the follicle, the regenerative 'wnt' proteins and other components that are released during scalp perturbation would not be present.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    If DHT is causing proteins to signal the immune system to 'attack the follicle, the regenerative 'wnt' proteins and other components that are released during scalp perturbation would not be present.
    ah.. the dht.

I just ordered 6 months supply of folexen. That should suppress the DHT, I'm hoping some of the other ingredients I'm using will cause regrowth.

(I'm using toco 8 (4 months in), 500mg saw palmetto, 30 mg iron, omega 3 oils, 1 liter of green tea daily, almonds, hazelnuts, 500 ml soy milk + chilli peppers, soy isoflavones (750 mg, 2%) beer yeast 500 mg, scalproller, termascalp lotion, gravity at least 5 mins daily - standing on hands, olive oil on scalp at least once weekly.)

It seriously frustrates me that decennial of years later we still get about a 100 articles each year of so-called 'researches' about what 'may' cause baldness and what 'may' be the treatment.
    But at the end of the day nobody knows and the next article just contradicts the previous one.

I mean for all we know the cause may lie in extra-terrestrial radiation and the treatment may lie in rubbing monkey feces over your scalp.

I don't need a half-baked pseudo research to make such claims. Can't they just report when they do KNOW something?