+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm new here

Default I'm new here

Hi I'm new here there is a few things i'd like to mention of these products not sure how effective they are and health tips aswell might be worth a shot

I am really pleased to join this website I am 24 years old and living in the UK I don't suffer from hair loss but I expect to at some point in my life but I do alot of research most days on hair loss to help to prevent that or slow down that possibility.

Obviously since I am new here I would like to share products that MAY be useful.

I urge people to give products a shot if they haven't already done so without jumping on the bandwagon "don't knock it til you've tried them"

Pills form

Hair again

Hair loss develops when the level of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the scalp is too high. Dihydrotestosterone binds itself to the hair follicles, decreasing the amount of nutrients they can extract from blood. The follicles gradually shrink and the hair growing from them becomes thinner. If nothing is done to treat this condition, the hair disappears completely, and cannot be reversed.

Contains herbs that supply nutrients to the hair root, to support circulation and thick healthy hair.

Each bottle contains 90 pills.
    (take 2 pills daily)

Ingredients:
    Each capsule contains:
    Saw palmeto extract (PE 25%)
    Ginkgo biloba extract (PE 24%,6%)
    Panax Ginseng extract (PE 20%)
    Gotu kola extract (PE 30%)
    Nettle root extract (PE 10:1)

I would welcome comments on the following ingredients on this product

I think this not be shot down in flames as it claims to have the same capabilities to regrow hair the same way as propecia does but not have the side effects such as erectile disfuntion or any other side effects since it's a natural supplement It's certainly certainly worth trying before propecia, propecia in my eyes should be banned along with the other two rebranded names which also cause the same side effects as propecia.

Hair Demand

The next one is a Topical Solution it's called Hair Demand.

This background is Hair Demand is brought to you by Vatelle, a company dedicated to bringing you groundbreaking products that are proven to be safe and effective. We care about every customer and want you to be completely satisfied with our products. So they work hard to meet your highest expectations.

Their mission is to enhance your lifestyle with quality health and beauty products. Vatelle was co-founded by two executives with over a decade of experience in the health-care industry. Their goal is to bring a state of the art, personal approach to health-care products.

Being the first to introduce Hair Demand grows out of their deep understanding of the personal and social difficulties hair loss can cause. Vatelle is part of a family of companies. Cosmeceutical Research Center (CRC) does the product development. Cosmeceutical Research Center is a pioneer in the cosmetic industry, developing new cosmeceutical products like Hair Demand.

The company adheres to strict laboratory controls to ensure that every process and product meets the highest quality standards. It specializes in products that are effective yet safe. CRC is a collaboration between senior pharmacists and chemists whose goal is to provide new solutions for hair regrowth and skincare. It is FDA inspected and is an organic-certified manufacturer in the U.S. The products are also distributed to South America, Mexico, Russia, Italy, China, Taiwan, the Philippines, and the Middle East.

Revivogen

This product really got off to a very very slow start in the Hair loss industry but it's starting to pick up and is becoming a popular product earning a number 1 top spot on many hair loss review websites it's certainly worth having a go trying this product out as the official website offers a 90 day money back guarentee This one of the products I used it's really difficult for me to say wheather this product works or not because I am not losing my hair yet but I bought it to prevent and I hope it has done so by making sure there wasn't any DHT building up on my scalp it felt really good applying it to my hair and it smells nice and it does make it looks nice and clean and shiney with I think good ingredients because it doesn't have SLS and other harsh chemicals that I am aware of and has Anti-DHT ingredients such as Saw Palmetto and They are adding caffeine to there products now aswell if you are going to buy this product be sure to get the full kit that contains the conditioner and other topical solutions to get the full effectiveness out of this Hair loss product

DS Laboratories Revita® Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo

DS Laboratories Revita® Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo got some great reviews when it first came out but with apparently a change of ingredients recently (which I haven't noticed as I did not try the "older version") I cannot possibly comment. It is a A Shampoo that I personally have been using for 5 days currently I also bought a bottle for my father who has lesser hair than me which I keep going on about him to use it as he doesn't bother to. The Product itself recommends you use it 5 days a week twice each day applying on the scalp massaging into the scalp for 2minutes then rinse off then reapplying massaging again into the scalp and leave in for 5 minutes then rinse off to give it's full effectiveness it also recommends a conditioner aswell which they have which I never bothered about but it's worth having ago if you buy into this product.

Technology:
    Revita, the most efficient hair growth stimulating shampoo available in the market is the final result of DS Laboratories efforts on cutting edge research. Revita is a powerful and unique combination of active ingredients specially designed to maintain scalp vitality and act on follicle dysfunctions in order to achieve the best results in short periods of time.

Performance:
    To improve the efficacy of this synergic combination, DS Laboratories developed a unique 'chemical free' extraction process that keeps original properties and clinical efficacy of final components. Through gentle mechanical compression, Revita's compounds are obtained as pure and chemically preserved active molecules.

Revita is the only shampoo product that combines specific anti-DHT action with antioxidant and antinflamatory effects. Revita® associates a hair growth stimulating effect with powerful moisturizing properties, and provides basic amino acid supply offering significant tensile benefits to hair shaft. This complete mechanism of action of Revita offers unique and powerful results on scalp vitality and hair growth stimulation. Revita increases the diameter of the hair strands while gently cleansing the scalp, leaving the hair soft with a pleasant smell. Revita acts since the beginning, before the problem appears, until later phases of hair loss. Revita acts since the beginning, before the problem appears, until later phases of hair loss.

Results:
    Revita starts acting on your scalp and hair follicles since the first day of use. The time you will need to note the first results will depend on the severity and duration of your hair loss. No matter how long or how intense your hair loss is, using Revita on a daily basis will improve the vitality of your scalp, maintaining the quality of your hair and stimulating new hair growth.

Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Caffeine, ketoconazole, Pyrus Malus (apple) Seed Extract, Aspalathus linearis leaf Extract (Roobios), Apply Polyphenol (Procyanidin B-1), Carnitine HCl, Ornitine HCl, Acetyl Cysteine, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Taurine, Emu Oil, Biotin, Copper Peptides, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Spray Dried), Glycereth-7, Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, Glycol Stearate, Menthyl Lactate (Menthol Derivative), EUK-134 (SOD Mimic/Spin Trap), PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl tetrastearate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Menthol, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Red 40, Blue 1.

DS Laboratories Spectral DNC-L 60ml

Spectral DNC-L combines all the latest science into one
    aggressive hair-growth treatment.

More than minoxidil alone. More than any single drug. Spectral DNC-L — today's most advanced hair-growth treatment — combines all the latest science into one convenient formula to perform through multiple pathways.

A true breakthrough, Spectral DNC-L delivers the most aggressive, most powerful, most effective topical treatment to retain and regrow hair because it fuses a broad spectrum of clinically proven compounds. This recipe is not like any other product available over the counter or by prescription.

Spectral DNC-L deposits cutting-edge ingredients deep below the surface of the scalp, where they can really perform, through proprietary nanosome encapsulation. These tiny nanosomes - micro-spheres of organic liposome 200 times smaller than human skin cells - have a composition similar to skin. Unlike common lotions, they burrow into the dermis to release their precious cargo slowly over time, for maximum effect.

In a cream base for easy application without dripping, Spectral DNC-L starts with research-grade 5% minoxidil, the best-known molecule proven by clinical trials to trigger hair growth. Then it adds three natural 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors to suppress the hormone dihydrotestosterone that triggers male pattern baldness. It pioneers use of the amino acid arginine to stimulate nitric oxide formation, mediate cell activity, and feed hungry follicles.

An army of auxiliary agents reinforce these ingredients. Natural botanicals combat fungal colonization and reduce sebum. Soothing retinol calms inflamed tissues. Aminexil SP94 strengthens roots. Vitamins and minerals contribute to nutrition. Capsicum stimulates.

This coordinated attack against baldness means that Spectral DNC-L protects against damage, slows hair loss, improves follicle health, and grows new hair longer, thicker, and faster than any other product.

The bottom line is: You get to keep the hair you have, regrow the hair you lost, and live the life you really want.

Ingredients: Minoxidil 5%. Inactive Ingredients: Xanthan Gum, PEG-100, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octadecyl Alcohol, Hexadecanol, Glycerin Monostearate, White Camphor Oil, Oleanolic Acid, Silicon Oil, Propylene Glycol, Proprietary Nanosome Dispersion Of Verbascoside, Flax Seed Extract Standardized With Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside, And Serenoa Repens (Saw Palmeto) Extract, Procyanidin B-2 And C-1, Adenosine, Retinol, Vitamin And Mineral Complex, Ivy (Hedera Helix), Hops (Humulus Lupulus), Diaminopyrimidine Oxide (Aminexil), Piractone Olamine, Emu Oil, Menthol, Arginine, Copper Tripeptide, DMDMH, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Phenoxyethanol.

Ultra-premium Revita.COR conditioner delivers state-of-the-science hair-regrowth technology, building on the legendary success of Revita shampoo. This technology establishes a new benchmark for the comprehensive synthesis of hair-growth molecules and for their effective delivery.

Even more remarkable, these high-performance ingredients penetrate deeper and persist longer because they come encapsulated within hydrophobic, bio-adhesive, cationically charged microspheres. Less than a micron in diameter, the spheres deliver maximum hair-growth benefits even while swimming or sweating.

The powerful active ingredients deployed in Revita.COR, each evaluated and proven via clinical trials, are formulated to provide significant benefits against follicular dysfunction to favor scalp vitality.

Normally, hair follicles maintain a reservoir of stem cells for tissue renewal, and they display a robust regenerative capacity to perpetuate hair growth throughout our lifetimes. So Revita.COR is formulated with botanical stem cells, which exhibit many of the same properties and much of the same plasticity as human stem cells.

Beyond stem cells, Revita.COR has an army of ingredients to protect, nourish, and condition deeply.

Revita.COR deploys numerous compounds with protective properties: apigenin, with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties; caffeine, to regulate testosterone; ginseng, which prolongs hair-follicle life and has antioxidant effects; nano copper peptides, with anti-inflammatory and tissue-remodeling properties; spin traps, with powerful free-radical-quenching abilities; and zinc, necessary for the proper function of more than 300 enzymes.

Revita.COR contains several ingredients with nutritional properties: Arginine , a metabolic precursor of nitric oxide; citrulline, an amino acid; inositol, a cyclic alcohol; lupine extract, rich in peptides, trace elements, and vitamins; and tyrosine, an amino acid known to increase plasma transmitter levels.

Revita.COR incorporates two more ingredients with advanced conditioning properties: biotinyl tripeptide-1, a scalp-conditioning agent, and niacinamide, a heterocyclic aromatic compound.

Unique among conditioners, Revita.COR optimizes hair-growth benefits even while swimming or sweating because it delivers its active ingredients within hydrophobic, bio-adhesive, cationically charged microspheres less than a micron in diameter.

This delivery system’s tiny particle size, from 0.1 to 1.0 µm, allows penetration of the hair, skin, and follicles deeper than with any other system. Encapsulated within these next-generation vehicles, active compounds adhere to the scalp tenaciously and work effectively long after the hair has been rinsed — 12 hours or more.

The solid state of the microspheres helps not only to repel water but also to increase stability and prolong product life. It allows ingredients to be released slowly over time. It protects the active compounds within the spheres and reduces their reaction with environmental factors.

Revita.COR possesses these properties because its bio-adhesive, positively charged microspheres cling to the abundant proteinaceous material that makes up hair and scalp.

In a clinical trial, human hair was treated with a shampoo containing either a 1% free-form compound or a 1% bio-adhesive, cationically charged, encapsulated version of the same compound. Then the hair samples were analyzed by gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, measurement of fragrance in the headspace, and subjective evaluation by a panel of olfactory experts.

At 24 hours, the encapsulated ingredient was 10 times stronger than the free-form ingredient. It also persisted longer.

In another clinical trial, comparing a 6% lotion employing free-form ingredients to a 6% lotion with encapsulation, skin-penetration depth was determined using a skin-extraction technique and chromatographic analysis. One inner forearm was used to test a control sample, and the opposite arm was used to test the encapsulated sample, of which 0.25 grams was applied to a 15.5 cm² zone and left on for one minute. Both arms were rinsed and dried. Then 1.5 ml of ethanol was placed on the skin for 30 seconds, its fraction was collected, and the entire procedure was repeated three times.

Penetration analysis confirmed that twice as much of the free-form ingredient stayed behind on the superficial layers of the skin, while more than twice as much of the ingredient encapsulated in the bio-adhesive, cationically charged microspheres reached down into the lower layers of the skin, where it could perform more effectively.

Release-kinetics analysis also showed that more of the active ingredient persisted after two, four, and six hours, whereas more of the free-form ingredient had dissipated.

DS Laboratories Revita EPS Eyelash Growth Stimulator

Also has a product that stimulates growth of Eyelashes

From the Belgravia Centre

HairMax Laser Comb

The LaserComb is the only product other than Propecia and Minoxidil that shows significant evidence that it assists in preventing hair loss. It has a different mechanism to both Propecia and Minoxidil, meaning that you are tackling hair loss from a different angle, adding to the effectiveness of the treatment combination. The LaserComb is the only device that has been ‘FDA cleared’, following successful clinical testing in the USA. FDA clearance is similar to FDA approval, but for a device as opposed to a medicine. Although the current models have not yet officially received FDA clearance, 2 separate labs in the US have deemed them substantially equivalent to the FDA cleared model according to HairMax. The LaserComb SE device is available free within most of Belgravia’s treatment programmes for hair loss.

Hair Vitalics
    Hair Vitalics is Belgravia’s ‘home-made’ hair growth supplement, produced and developed exclusively by the Belgravia pharmacy. It contains a number of vitamins and nutrients that are thought to help with the condition of the hair and assist in hair loss prevention. There is no firm evidence to suggest that any supplement for hair loss will individually assist in the prevention or reversal of hair loss but we find it works superbly as a hair growth ‘booster’ and improves the results achieved from the proven hair loss treatments. Hair Vitalics is available for £19.95 for a 1 month supply, or can be included free within most of Belgravia’s treatment courses for hair loss.

MPG and Azelaic Acid
    MPG and Azelaic Acid are the products that the Belgravia pharmacy combines with its exclusive forms of Minoxidil. MPG is added to Belgravia’s Minoxidil 4% and 5% solutions, and Azelaic Acid is added to Belgravia’s 12.5% Minoxidil cream. These are unproven products but may assist in inhibiting the formation of DHT (the product in the body that causes genetic hair loss), so could help to block DHT from destroying the hair follicles in both men and women. These products are particularly beneficial for women, who are unable to use Propecia. Like with all unproven products, MPG and Azelaic Acid are not recommended as an individual solution to hair loss.

Also available, and usually included in Belgravia’s hair loss treatment programmes, are specially formulated shampoos, conditioners, and scalp products which are designed to maintain the condition of the hair and help to clear up certain scalp complaints such as dandruff or seborrhoeic dermatitis.

More information on all of Belgravia’s hair and scalp products and the treatment option that would be best for you, can be obtained by calling 020 7730 6666, visiting the centre for a free consultation or completing an online diagnostic form for Belgravia’s world-wide mail-order service.

Belgravia’s treatment regimes are easy to use and will ensure hair regrowth in most cases. View our ‘hair loss success stories‘ for an idea of the unparalleled results that are so frequently achieved from the use of Belgravia’s treatment combinations.

Multi Vitiman Supplements

Take them but make sure try and get one thats a good quality with a enteric coating tablets for those who are not familiar with enteric coated tablets;

Supplement Company complex formulas utilize an advanced delivery technology. This delivery system is known as an enteric coating. This is usually only used with advanced pharmaceutical products.

The enteric coating that companies use contains a pH sensitive polymer, which means that it remains intact in the acidic environment of the stomach protecting the contents of the tablet.

After passing through the stomach the coating then disintegrates in the small intestine (duodenum) which has an alkaline environment

The enteric coating is inert and simply passes through your system without any effect at all.

with ingredients such as Saw palmeto extract, Ginkgo biloba extract , Panax, Ginseng extract, Gotu kola extract,Nettle root extract are just a handful of ingredients that are supposed to be goodfor hair growth.

Try to take omega 3 supplements aswell.

Eat a healthy balanced diet, drink plenty of water cut out the rest of the juices/sodas

Quote Originally Posted by Mentalist View Post
    Really now?

kirby you're a troll get a grip

dont pay no attention to kirby!

No you. You don't even have hairloss?! why the heck are you here man? go enjoy life... don't waste time on these forums.

I have been using Minoxidil and a non-SLS shampoo and fin for years.
    About three years ago I read a lot about Spectral DNC and Revita Shampoo.
    So I began using them while still using fin for a period of about nine months.
    It was not any more effective than regular minoxidil and my usual non-SLS shampoo (Jason's thin to thick). I was 55 at the time and I have extremely slow diffuse thinning (think Kevin Costner) so in theory the products should have worked for me.
    I can't speak for all the products you listed but DS labs are a Boutique Snake Oil company IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    No you. You don't even have hairloss?! why the heck are you here man? go enjoy life... don't waste time on these forums.
    are you kirby's lover or something just because I don't have hairloss doesn't mean I can't use these forums.

are you kirby's lover or something just because I don't have hairloss doesn't mean I can't use these forums.
    Man, shut the **** up. Did I say you can't come to this forum and post? No. I asked you why you spend your free time here and even consider hairloss. It's not exactly the best way to live. And you make a remark like that? I HOPE you get hairloss now.

Oh look you're so hard on the internet aren't you? I hope it makes you feel really good about yourself.

Act your age little boy.

go kiss your lover kirby

I feel great. You're telling me to act my age, and you're makin gay accusations? And you say I'm trying I act hard on the internet when you were the first one to start talking trash behind their computer screen?? Are you that stupid? Lmfaooo.