+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Because you don't go straight from clinical testing to mass marketing, especially if you're a small biotech company like Histogen. After all the efficacy and safety issues have been worked out and all the regulatory hurdles have been cleared (events which are still quite a ways off), they have to work out how the materials are going to be produced, how they're going to be delivered to where they need to go, how the treatment is going to be administered, who is going to administer the treatment, where the capital is going to come from to create that delivery infrastructure, etc. That all takes time and money. (And Histogen may choose to sell HSC to another company rather than take that all on themselves.)
    I'm not sure I agree. Histogen is not going to spend millions of $$$ going through the FDA process without having a get to market quick plan - their investors will be like "GO GO GO"...

Where the capital is going to come from???? Are you serious???? So you invest millions in HSC. It gets approval to goto market. And then you decide to pull out and not invest the additional funds to see your investment goto market. Thats really not going to happen.

Who is going to administer HSC? Hair Transplant docs will administrer it with needles. Hair Transplant docs like Ziering are already administering it using needles to people in the trials.

Materials to make needles? They already get churned out in the billions. Not a problem.

The issues I see... mass production of the HSC itself... training the Hair Transplant Docs... but like I said... the investors would not have invested in HSC without doing Due Diligence and part of that process is "how do we get it to market"....

Rest assured the big boys have already thought about this.

Quote Originally Posted by alanrudy View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if there is any chance that after safety for HSC (or replicel) has been clearly established....why they don't offer the product now or some other company offers a similar treatment now? Personally, I'm still in a position where I could potentially have more benefit with these treatments now than waiting potentially another 5 years like the interview said. Of course there could be a little added risk and I'd sign off that there is no guarantee it'd work, but there's added risk in a lot of things and people pay money for many things (PRP injections being one example) that don't have clear complete researched studies of their effectiveness. I'd rather spend my money on this than take Propecia/apply Rogaine/other hair loss treatments.
    Also, I've been thinking about doing micropigmentation as well (already shave my head), are there complications with micropigmentation and these future treatments? The proponents of micropigm say no, but just thought I'd ask here to hopefully get the same answer from unbiased sources.
    No chance.

What Histogen still need to figure out is if the process is safe and what method results in the greatest yield/outcome (if any).

Still, atleast we have a definitive date for a next release of information whatever it is, unlike some companies.

When are they releasing new information?

Mid-October.

Has there been any word on a 6 month result release? 6 months would be mid-july, surely they could let us know if the positive results are continuing!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Has there been any word on a 6 month result release? 6 months would be mid-july, surely they could let us know if the positive results are continuing!
    well, mid july is now.

I agree, it would be nice for them to show some results.
    I REALLY hope the news will be good.

(can't really take one more replicellike shocker. )

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    well, mid july is now.

I agree, it would be nice for them to show some results.
    I REALLY hope the news will be good.

(can't really take one more replicellike shocker. )
    Tell me about it! But unlike Replicel who were at phase 0 when everybody went insane, Histogen and Aderans (after like 5 or 6 years) are both getting close to Phase 3.

If the results were too bad the funding would have fallen through - I have high hopes for them

God - it's like talking to a brick wall on this forum.

REPLICEL DID NOT FAIL

But they did **** up and they lied about the time to market...