+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dave123, your hair situation looks basically like mine after 7 months of fin, but with a worse vertex a much better hairline. Basically, 1.5 months on fin is far too early to see ANYTHING. Even past 6 months I'm not getting any visible positive results myself. It's a slow process, as I've painfully learnt.

The missing second picture:

Sorry, not actually sure how to resize.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    The first picture shows that you have enough hair for this entire forum. Not to mention your boyish hairline reminds me of my early teens. Sorry bro your not loseing your hair and the second picture does not appear on my computer but my guess is you have a tiny bald spot where your callick is and its more then likely been there for years and your only now noticing it. Dont take any meds dude your hairline ant going no where and you need to go enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
    Trust me man, I'm not THAT concerned with my hairline and the front. I'm freaking the hell out about the back. Now that they've been posted, you can see the back looks disgusting. What the hell is going on back there? I have blotchy bald spots. Not a horseshoe bald spots, which looks fine, actually MATURE in a sense. I have blotchy bald spots like I'm sick/ill or something. Not to mention that it burns like crazy every single day. If it doesn't burn, it hurts and is tender to the touch. It has kind of spread to the front (the burning) and now I'm freaked out that I'm gonna start losing more hair to the front also. That's why I came on FIN and on these forums. The burning and the pain isn't helped by Ketoconazole 2% (which I use once a week), it's actually somewhat made worse by it. I've looked around alot and cant find anyone to compare myself to.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? Does FIN help with this or am I wasting my time?

Thanks.

Dave123, whilst I don't have the patchy hairloss you have on your vertex, I too got horrible burning sensations when I first started using Nizoral! I tried soaking my scalp with olive oil and lavender oils to soothe it. Perhaps it is a skin infection or condition like seborrheic dermatitis you are suffering from!

OOOOOOOOOOOOps

Quote Originally Posted by Dave123 View Post
    Trust me man, I'm not THAT concerned with my hairline and the front. I'm freaking the hell out about the back. Now that they've been posted, you can see the back looks disgusting. What the hell is going on back there? I have blotchy bald spots. Not a horseshoe bald spots, which looks fine, actually MATURE in a sense. I have blotchy bald spots like I'm sick/ill or something. Not to mention that it burns like crazy every single day. If it doesn't burn, it hurts and is tender to the touch. It has kind of spread to the front (the burning) and now I'm freaked out that I'm gonna start losing more hair to the front also. That's why I came on FIN and on these forums. The burning and the pain isn't helped by Ketoconazole 2% (which I use once a week), it's actually somewhat made worse by it. I've looked around alot and cant find anyone to compare myself to.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? Does FIN help with this or am I wasting my time?

Thanks.

Get off the FIN its not that. My uncle had similiar hair loss that ended up growing back. He had ring worm on his head...If its burning and sensative and started like that with that hair line then FIN will do nothing for you. Go see a dermatoglist have them do a skin test for known fungi and skin infections. Also if you started taking any medication or had a serious illness or injury that would be a possible factor.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    Get off the FIN its not that. My uncle had similiar hair loss that ended up growing back. He had ring worm on his head...If its burning and sensative and started like that with that hair line then FIN will do nothing for you. Go see a dermatoglist have them do a skin test for known fungi and skin infections. Also if you started taking any medication or had a serious illness or injury that would be a possible factor.
    Yeah but I'm guessing it's not an infection because I've been using Nizoral 2%, Coal tar shampoo and selsun blue for over 6 months now. Surely if it was an infection at least one of the 3 would have killed it by now?

Yeah but I'm guessing it's not an infection because I've been using Nizoral 2%, Coal tar shampoo and selsun blue for over 6 months now. Surely if it was an infection at least one of the 3 would have killed it by now?

Have you gotten any sunlight just as sunlight kills athetes foot it will kill fungi growing on your scalp. By the way none of those three have the power to kill infection I believe doctors prescribe a steroid ointment and an antibiotic...Could be wrong though.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic?

If you are, Maybe its because you can't see the 2nd pic I posted, which I'll fix when i get home. My crown is really bad. There's diffuse swirls all over the place. Like tiny bald spots in circles all over it.
    All I can say is... welcome to hell.

You can see thr horseshoe pattern developing from the front and your crown looks badly thinning even in low light and from far - you are developing a NW6-7 pattern, you have 5 years of fun left, enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    All I can say is... welcome to hell.

You can see thr horseshoe pattern developing from the front and your crown looks badly thinning even in low light and from far - you are developing a NW6-7 pattern, you have 5 years of fun left, enjoy them.
    That bad?

Wouldn't taking FIN stop the progression though..?