+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How bad is it?

Quote Originally Posted by chilllmatic View Post
    i've been monitoring it for about a year and have not noticed any drastic changes since. i'd rather not bother with fin or any serious treatments right now. it sucks to deal with but i rather cut it short like i normally do and deal with it than risk side effects if it is not SERIOUSLY needed.

I appreciate the responses.
    Side effects are overblown by a vocal minority. the vast majority(80-85% i'd say) experience no or very minor side effects. Less than 1% from what i've read experience anything permanent(we're talking millions)

If your hair loss continues to get a bit worse I highly reccomend going on fin as early as possible. Better to have all your hair than be stuck with a NW2-NW3 in a little while or so. It looks fine now but I can clearly tell it's thinning in the temples. I definitely wish I started on fin earlier. Monitor it for a few months and then re-evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Side effects are overblown by a vocal minority. the vast majority(80-85% i'd say) experience no or very minor side effects. Less than 1% from what i've read experience anything permanent(we're talking millions)

If your hair loss continues to get a bit worse I highly reccomend going on fin as early as possible. Better to have all your hair than be stuck with a NW2-NW3 in a little while or so. It looks fine now but I can clearly tell it's thinning in the temples. I definitely wish I started on fin earlier. Monitor it for a few months and then re-evaluate.
    I appreciate the information. I'm going to see how much worse it gets over the next year or so and then I will decide. Hopefully i will be lucky enough to hold onto what I have until one of these newer treatments come out.

Here are a few pics from when my hair was longer. Not sure if it matters.
    http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/...-22at01133.jpg
    http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/...6-18at1559.jpg
    http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/...6-18at1556.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    are you insane? He's definitely balding. He should have been on treatments years ago!

You almost always say that and you are almost always wrong. You do not know what you are talking about and you are going to scare this poor kid.

chilllmatic,

It is in your best interest to not listen to 2020. There are doctors in this forum who specialize in treating hair loss. The doctors here actually know what they are talking about. Listen to them.