+ Reply to Thread

Default Procepia experience

Here is a recent story on abc news about procepia side-effects.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/baldnes...3#.T_6vpXBhp2c

And here is my own story:

I have been on procepia off and on for over 2 years. It definitely has helped my hair but it definitely has side effects for me.

When I first started using it, within a couple of months I noticed my penis shrank (less blood flow), less sexual feelings/thoughts, mood swings, insomnia, difficulty with short term memory, anxiety and mental fogginess. At first I refused to believe I had a problem and that procepia had anything to do with it. Eventually I had problems at work due to the mood swings and lack of focus.

I stopped using procepia after one year and within a couple of months I was thinking clearer and sexual issues had gone away. By 4th-5th month I was completely back to normal (thankfully). However, unfortunately my hair fell out very rapidly after a few months.

I therefore decided to go back on it again but this time with the knowledge from my previous experience. I am trying to be more aware of changes and to compensate for them. For example, I try to be aware of anxiety and mood swings and I tell my myself that it's just the drug, I routinely play memory games online to help me remember things and to help me focus, and I will drop down to taking it once every second of third day after 12 months.

I admit that I absolutely hate taking it! And once I can afford transplants I will stop taking it altogether. I'm not for or against Procepia. You way up the benefits and problems and make your own decision - that's how I view drugs in general.

Stopped taking it in March and still unresolved here starting to think this has done permanent damage and I'm annoyed. I haven't had issues (that I'm aware of) with memory, they've all been sexual side effects. I can still do "stuff", but the sensitivity and libido is just not the same anymore. It's like losing a limb. I know I should have sensitivity down there, but I just don't have it as much anymore. Sexual stuff is not as pleasurable.

Big warning for those considering the drug. You can be in the 2%. (though I personally feel this figure is bullshit propagated by people trying to make money and those desperate to retain their hair).

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Stopped taking it in March and still unresolved here starting to think this has done permanent damage and I'm annoyed. I haven't had issues (that I'm aware of) with memory, they've all been sexual side effects. I can still do "stuff", but the sensitivity and libido is just not the same anymore. It's like losing a limb. I know I should have sensitivity down there, but I just don't have it as much anymore. Sexual stuff is not as pleasurable.

Big warning for those considering the drug. You can be in the 2%. (though I personally feel this figure is bullshit propagated by people trying to make money and those desperate to retain their hair).
    Are you still getting morning and nocturnal erections? You can do the "stamp test" to see if you're still getting nocturnal erections.

The lack of sensitivity is clearly linked to the loss of libido, we're far more sensitive in those areas when we're fully aroused, it may take a while for your system to 'reboot' itself, this is one of the reasons I have always recommended to stay away from Propecia - DHT is an extremely important hormone, the consensus that it isnt is one perpetuated by people who cant answer simple questions regarding its relationship with neurotransmitters that play a part in healthy sexual function.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Are you still getting morning and nocturnal erections? You can do the "stamp test" to see if you're still getting nocturnal erections.
    Hm what's the stamp test? I do get erections yeah. Had some this morning but not really inclined to do anything about them if I have little sensitivity. How frustrating.

Well you get your friend to stamp on it to see if you really have lost any sensitivity

No seriously the stamp test is basically where you erm lol literally stick postage stamps around your flaccid penis then go to sleep and see if in the morning any have come off, not really very sophisticated I know but no other way of telling. Bit of a pain this happening now since Royal Mail hiked their stamp prices up in April too.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/sexu...ysfunction.htm

The whole point of this is to discern whether you are suffering from psychogenic erectile dysfunction, usually loss of sensitivity that is caused by hormonal problems is accompanied with absent morning/nocturnal erections, psychogenic ED isnt.

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Surely though there are other adhesive things I could use that aren't costly?

Bit concerned I wake up and my penis is gone with a tracking number left next to my bed. Like the tooth fairy for penises.

propecia works...but it also kills your libido. it's my belief that some people are more sensitive to hormonal imbalances than others and taking 1mg daily is simply too much...even 0.5 daily may cause problems. i have been on propecia for one year now and am still trying to find the best dosage. i have been taking 0.5 every other day and while my side effects (such as low libido and difficulty getting and keeping an erection) got better, i am still not how i was before getting on finasteride.