+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 year old kills himself from...

blushing.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-years.html

Poor kid didn't know how good he had it. Full head of hair and everything. If blushing kills a young person because of shame...hairloss has to be killing way more young kids.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    blushing.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-years.html

Poor kid didn't know how good he had it. Full head of hair and everything. If blushing kills a young person because of shame...hairloss has to be killing way more young kids.
    This is awful. Some people act like looks don't matter but they do, especially to young people. Not having any control over a condition that others always see can kill somebody inside long before they stop breathing. You start living every moment based on your medical issue if it gets bad enough.
    I place a lot of hope in science and technology to free future generations from these kinds of soul-eating "cosmetic" conditions.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

That is a unbelievable story. Super sad. Makes you really want to try and understand how things that may not appear that important can seriously effect some people. I have two sons and I cannot even imagine. My heart goes out to that family.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Inactive

Unhappy

Poor kid didn't know how good he had it. Full head of hair and everything.
    And he probably would have been willing to go bald if it would have stopped his uncontrollable blushing.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    And he probably would have been willing to go bald if it would have stopped his uncontrollable blushing.
    I really don't think so. I can't see how blushing could be worse than hairloss.

I actually agree with gmonasco on this. "The grass is greener on the other side."

This poor kid lived in (unwarranted) shame and despair for years and at times thought of nothing but how his skin looked to others. I think he would have given almost anything to free himself from the condition, including his hair (he might have been glad to shave it all off if it meant no more blushing)....in fact in the end he gave up everything to escape it, much more than just hair

I mean no one can say if he would have been happy with his decision if he traded blushing for hair loss, but I have no doubt he wouldve seriously considered it at least, if he had the option.

Actually if I could trade my MPB for blushing, I'm not sure I would want to (admittedly the ability to take hair meds is a big factor). So maybe the grass isn't always greener.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    This is awful. Some people act like looks don't matter but they do, especially to young people. Not having any control over a condition that others always see can kill somebody inside long before they stop breathing. You start living every moment based on your medical issue if it gets bad enough.
    I place a lot of hope in science and technology to free future generations from these kinds of soul-eating "cosmetic" conditions.
    This is a very intelligent post. This post should really be shown to anyone who marginalizes hair loss as simply a cosmetic condition. However, I'd take uncontrolled blushing over hair loss any day of the week. I too place faith in science and technology as well, especially the enormous potential of stem cells. I really believe that a cure for hair loss could come very soon if more doctors and scientists would try to use stem cells for hair regrowth methods.

Inactive

Unhappy

He killed himself over the uncontrollable blushing. Could anything be worse than that?