+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Histogen and hair transplant

So, what happens when a bald or thinned area of the scalp gets transplanted follicles?

I guess an HT totally destroys the already present follicles that are miniaturized and in a stand-by state.

I suppose that by having and HT now, you are basically destroying any chance of having your hair restored with the future treatments like histogen or even L'Oreal etc.

That is what holds me back from considering an HT now. If what I wrote is correct, one is basically trading a low-density immediate result for a hypotetical full and natural future result, totally rearranging your scalp and follicles in the process. (scarring etc).

what do you guys think?

No one knows for sure. They are not even testing it with that kind of patients.

My stand with this dilemma is to go for the transplant if you need it.

You just need to search hair loss forums from 6-7 years ago and see the optimism and guys claiming it was stupid to get a transplant because Intercytex was going to bring all your hair back in 2010.

If hair loss is affecting someone that bad, and have the money to get a transplant, I advice them to go for it. Better to have some piece of mind right now than waste your youth hoping an experimental treatment is going to work

I was going to get a HT before reading about Histogen and other treatments coming. So I held off. The reason being, I'd be pissed if a new treatment came out that gave great results and I couldn't use it cause of my HT. Or even if I could use the treatment with a HT, I'd still be pissed I spent the money on a HT, when I could of just waited for the treatment to hit the market.

So this is my dilemma. There is a good chance these treatments won't work, and I could of gotten a HT now and moved on. But that's a chance I'm willing to take.

All though we have no way of knowing right now, what you say Smiley logically makes sense to me. I think it destroys follicles in the recipient.

However I don't believe Histogen is coming any time soon. Joe might have to castigate me for saying so but I no longer believe the timelines are even remotely realistic for any of the supposed treatments out there so I wouldn't completely rule out a transplant in the frontal third if you're really suffering.

There's no guarantees we see any new treatment that's going to change things radically this decade. I hope that's not the case but you never know so it's definitely a tough decision.

All these future treatments will end up being vapourware anyway. Look back through posts on hairloss forums going back a decade to 2002, exactly the same situation, waiting for miracles that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    All these future treatments will end up being vapourware anyway. Look back through posts on hairloss forums going back a decade to 2002, exactly the same situation, waiting for miracles that will never happen.
    You want to convince yourself that you did not make a wrong choice by using propecia. That's fine but don't come here saying none of it will pan out, what will not pan out for sure is replicel.

Trust me I did make a ****ed up decision, this is the second worst decision of my life. Not only did i end up losing more hair at a much greater pace AFTER dropping the drug but I had some permanent sides.

The fact is histogen has provided cosmetically acceptable results with PHOTOS.

Wether or not those photos are fake is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    The fact is histogen has provided cosmetically acceptable results with PHOTOS.
    Where are those photos?
    I know about the close up pics, and that's fine, as we really want scientific proof, but to say they delivered "cosmetically acceptable results" is absurd. Those are areas about an inch in size, we don't even know what do they look like to the naked eye at a considerable distance, the real measurement of cosmetic achievement

My advice, if people are really uncomfortable with their hair situation, and have the money, don't waste your time thinking about a treatment that might not even come out.

I've been lurking hairloss forums since 2008, and the most optimistic acted the same way at the imminent Intercytex results. And you can also go back a few years before to see how people said that HTs would be obsolete in 5 years. Do you really want to lose a decade of your life feeling sorry about your baldness?

I still haven't seen a picture of a cosmetic improvement with experimental treatments. For me, the situation is probably the same as 2007, except we have around 3 companies releasing the same close ups and data.

Not being pessimistic, just being realist, even if tomorrow someone produced a treatment that can turn an NW7 to NW0 without a doubt and without the need for clinic trials, it would still be a couple of years away from commercialization.

A norwood 2 female turned to norwood 0 thats what im talking about with thick long terminal hair not ****ed up microscopic hairs that can't even be seen in some companies.

I don't know where you've been buddy but I think you should come back wherever you crawled from.

I am the most pessimistic guy on this forum by the way and they want my ass banned.

You're beind dumb not realistic.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    A norwood 2 female turned to norwood 0 thats what im talking about with thick long terminal hair not ****ed up microscopic hairs that can't even be seen in some companies.

I don't know where you've been buddy but I think you should come back wherever you crawled from.
    While is a little bit extreme to say she turned to an NW 0 (I still see some thinning) yes, that was an amazing result, way better than anything else

I still want to see a male pic though, as far as I know they have never showed one

Absolutely no one knows what will and won't pan out over the next ten years. Trying to determine this based on Phase II trials and other such nonsense is a waste of time guys.
    On the bright side, we are making legitimate strides. We know significantly more now about MPB than we did in 2002, and we have also come farther in treatments--no one was able to grow hair on a human scalp ten years ago with anything other than DHT blockers and minox. Now we have quite a few options in the works that definitively do grow and strengthen hair. and importantly we know at least some of them are safe.
    Will there be anything out in the next decade that can replace DHT suppressants and allow us to quit fin/dut for good? Maybe not (though I hope so). But will there be viable adjunct treatments that are significantly better than keto and minox? I would bet any amount of money that yes, there will be.

If I turn out to be wrong you'll find me in Scorpion's Lair.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2McbQrH0qI0