+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    While is a little bit extreme to say she turned to an NW 0 (I still see some thinning) yes, that was an amazing result, way better than anything else

I still want to see a male pic though, as far as I know they have never showed one
    Anything can happen. The world could end next year but this will be a new treatment not a cure. Apparently it has the potential to be better than finasteride.

That's all.

Inactive

Question

Where are those photos?
    Here: http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

I'm kind of puzzled by the photos supposedly showing regrowth in the temple area of the woman at 12 weeks. Hair typically grows about 1.5 inches in 12 weeks, and the regrown hair in these photos looks like it's a fair bit longer than that. And that's assuming regrowth started immediately after injection with HSC; otherwise, it should be even shorter.

Am I misinterpreting, or does it look that way to others?

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Here: http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

I'm kind of puzzled by the photos supposedly showing regrowth in the temple area of the woman at 12 weeks. Hair typically grows about 1.5 inches in 12 weeks, and the regrown hair in these photos looks like it's a fair bit longer than that. And that's assuming regrowth started immediately after injection with HSC; otherwise, it should be even shorter.

Am I misinterpreting, or does it look that way to others?
    No you are correct. But this is not giving you the natural hair cycle, this is not minoxidil or finasteride.

These are hair growing stimulating injections, they are supposed to increase the hair growth rate.

Wether or not those photos are faked in any way remains to be seen.

Maradona, I still would've started Propecia even if we knew for definite certain that these treatments will ever come out, let alone had realistic availability dates. I naively believed back in January that these would actually arrive and started Propecia with the intent of using it as something to tide me over... Now I'm thinking realistically, I'll be very surprised if anything actually works if it is released (see the PRP/A cell injection debacle)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Maradona, I still would've started Propecia even if we knew for definite certain that these treatments will ever come out, let alone had realistic availability dates. I naively believed back in January that these would actually arrive and started Propecia with the intent of using it as something to tide me over... Now I'm thinking realistically, I'll be very surprised if anything actually works if it is released (see the PRP/A cell injection debacle)
    I would've just waited 1 or 2 years before jumping on propecia man. I could've gotten a hair transplant on whatever hairline I lost.

I fukin regret taking propecia to the core of my heart everyday.

Give it a year if you're still ****ed up in one year, no matter what anyone tells you. You should drop the drug, some people just do not responde to DHT blockers. In fact, the exact opposite happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I would've just waited 1 or 2 years before jumping on propecia man. I could've gotten a hair transplant on whatever hairline I lost.

Give it a year if you're still ****ed up in one year, no matter what anyone tells you. You should drop the drug, some people just do not responde to DHT blockers. In fact, the exact opposite happens.
    Like some here, I started losing hair before I was 20 and I knew will lose them very fast, but I always refused to take Fin or Propecia. I'd rather be bald. I'm almost a NW3 now, but still, I would never use one of them.
    I don't think it's right to interfere with your endocrine system for aesthetic reasons, since this is a drug you have to take permanently and not like for some weeks.
    DHT is an important hormon, which also affects your psyche. It's not really possible to detect hormonal based psychic sideeffects, which occur very gradually. And that's why they're obviously not mentioned.

Anyway, in my oppinion people are focusing too much on DHT (especially in this Histogen matter). Of course DHT has some part in MPB, but by far, that's not the whole key. I think everyone can be affected by MPB epigenetically. I'm pretty certain there are a few enviromental impacts which can trigger this process. I think Maradona was talking about it some posts ago, mentioning diets and so on, and I think he's got a point. That would also help explaining MPB's way through the evolution.

Histogen is doing great, it's generating regrowth and that's important.

While is a little bit extreme to say she turned to an NW 0 (I still see some thinning) yes, that was an amazing result, way better than anything else

I still want to see a male pic though, as far as I know they have never showed one
    Yeah, I'd like a male example too. It's concerning that they don't have any dramatic shots of males like they have with females. But really, it could just be that female hairloss draws a lot more sympathy. Maybe they thought it would be better for investors. Or maybe it doesn't show as cosmetically significant results in males. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Yeah, I'd like a male example too. It's concerning that they don't have any dramatic shots of males like they have with females. But really, it could just be that female hairloss draws a lot more sympathy. Maybe they thought it would be better for investors. Or maybe it doesn't show as cosmetically significant results in males. Who knows?
    What I'm thinking is that females don't normally develop slick bald patches--in the picture everyone got excited about in Histogen's last trial results, if you look carefully the woman's temple is not bald at all. It's just very thin. So the injections were effectively targeting a diffuse thinning area and not a bald area.
    The realistic part of me thinks that the injections wouldn't show nearly as good results on a man's temple, because male temples usually go slick bald instead of diffuse thinning in a Ludwig pattern.
    Don't get me wrong though, I would love for Histogen to prove me wrong on this. What an amazing breakthrough that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Hey Maradana (not actually the footballer I know), how long after taking it are you still suffering?

You have been to the docs I take it? Sorry if this has already been discussed...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hey Maradana (not actually the footballer I know), how long after taking it are you still suffering?

You have been to the docs I take it? Sorry if this has already been discussed...
    Yeah but I didn't tell him I took propecia. Wtfs the point?