Threaded View

Default Head Shaving Topic Makes Me Uncomfortable

I wanted to comment on the guest a few weeks ago who spoke about head shaving.

I respect anyones decision to do whatever they want to cope with hair loss. On a personal note, the topic of shaving my head is very uncomfortable for me. So much so, that I tuned out that segment of the show.

It doesn't bother me that other guys are shaving their heads and feel cool doing it, but it bothers me that it's accepted as the gold standard today to cope with hair loss.

Personally, I don't like the way it looks. Even though I understand that most people think it looks better than having the hair growth on the sides. I just feel it isn't a look that I wanna go for.

Also, Psychologically, it makes me feel so much better to touch my scalp and feel hair there. Even when I buzzed my head, it made me feel even balder than I am, and I felt worse about myself.

As far as what the ladies think, I don't do as well as I did prior to losing my hair, but I'm 36 and single by choice, I'm a Norwood 5, and I still attract my fair share of ladies. I prefer to date younger women. in the 25-35 range. Some of them like me, some don't. Would i be doing better if I shaved my head? I don't think so because I felt less confident when I did shave it once before.

I guess the only thing that bothers me is people telling me "Man you should shave your head. See how it looks!" All the time! I actually did shave my head once before and didn't like it at all. For now, I buzz the sides, and leave my remaining hair an inch or 2 off the scalp.

I'm curious to hear what other guys think of this topic. I'd like to see if I am alone on my feelings about this.