+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Dear Horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Whom is ARI trying to impress? Do customers really care if a wig company owns hair regeneration patents?
    Good question. I don't know.

How long has it been since intercytex started? and what year is now?
    What has ARI been doing all this time besides trying to imitate the researchers at university of tokyo with no success?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    Thanks for thinking of me. I'm unfortunately a NW7. And if that wasn't bad enough, I went for a second opinion to an IHRS surgeon to see if I could at least get a hairline to frame my face. I was told that I was one of the few cases with a more aggressive form of MPB that has even thinned out my donor hair. So basically he said there was no opportunity for any restoration. It was really depressing to know there was no hope left for me. I even asked about future cloning of folicles and he said not in my life time. So that leaves only the SMP (hair tattoo) the last option.
    Your doctor has no knowledge whatsoever on HM. Even the average baldie here has more knowledge on HM (in this section) than your doctor because he is too busy making money off transplants. Nothing wrong with that, he simply has no time.

There are two things that can "cure" you, horshoe:

1. ARI doing what I described in a while ago:

....It means you can get the follicle to cycle more time, your new hair will last/live longer.

One of the problems with ARI and Replicel is that although they replicate cells and inject them in your scalp (these are mostly Derma Papilla cells). These DP cells are supposed to sprout hair fiber and cycle hair fiber for a pretty long time.

However they simply stop producing fiber after some time in HM techniques, for example MOST of the hairs of aderans and replicel will stay as vellous and useless hair follicles.

One of the reasons was thought that the Progenitor cells or follicular stem cells for some reason STOPPED signaling/telling the DP cells to produce fiber.

Now this new paper explains that there is a way to Extend this signaling so that you can get the DP cell to produce hair for more and more time.

They culture the DP cells, replicate the cells under Gsk3β inhibition. I think they mean that the DP cells are cultured in a medium where that protein is inhibited.

When Gsk3β is inhibited, the DP cells will have Wnt/β-catenin signalling activation which means the messages from the follicular stem cells or whatever other cells are involved to produce more hair is continued and hence you have HAIR lasting more time...

As for now they are trying many different approaches maybe one even better than the above. As for replicel, I think it would only benefit women. It's very outdated and simplistic procedure.

2. The most important one which shows how nobody is really aware of what's going in the research world of hairloss is the guys at the university of Tokyo.

They were able to accomplish what many have failed in the past. Let me reiterate that, what every single HM company has failed in the past.

Which is, to grow hair with cells taken from a bald guy. It is only a few tweaks away if they need any tweaks at all.

So, you will SEE in your lifetime, a HM technique. It's a fact at this point. The main problem is now time. Clinical trials take too long and these guys haven't started yet.

Your doctor has no clue about hair more than you do!

Hang in there, bro.

Default Any Progress

Hey guys,

It's been just about 5 months since "Team Tokyo" announced their hair multiplication success. Has there been any progress since?

Anyone following it recently? These guys will be the cure in true sense of the word, so I really have my fingers crossed for these guys. I'm even thinking about doing my PhD with these guys! I'll do everything I can to bring it out within the next 5 years LOL

Here's the link to their PhD research program for anyone that wants to join me! It's actually at the Tsuji laboratories (so exciting)

I'm so keen right now! I have to really think about this the next few weeks:

http://www.tsujilab.mtl.kyoto-u.ac.j...Lab/index.html

let me know if you wanna join

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys,

It's been just about 5 months since "Team Tokyo" announced their hair multiplication success. Has there been any progress since?

Anyone following it recently? These guys will be the cure in true sense of the word, so I really have my fingers crossed for these guys. I'm even thinking about doing my PhD with these guys! I'll do everything I can to bring it out within the next 5 years LOL
    If you decide to do your PhD with these guys, then I wish you the best of luck. It will be great to have an "insider".

This is the only treatment that I have some remotely hope for. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    What is your area of speciality? If you do a PhD with them and make this happen, then I'll worship you like a God. I'll name my first born son after you, ANYTHING.

Please get inside the Tsuji Laboratory before one of us has to go Ocean's 11 on this!
    Would you donate your hair?

If you do a PhD with them and make this happen, then I'll worship you like a God. I'll name my first born son after you, ANYTHING.
    Abraham went a little further than that.

Just sayin

I know, but they don't exactly give finasteride and hair transplants in gaol, do they?
    LOL

10char

Dear David

Thank you for your e-mail.
    We are very glad you interests in our study.

Our research aims to generate an organ by the transplantation of a
    bioengineered organ and organ germ in vivo for organ replacement
    regenerative therapy. The regenerative therapy is expected as
    next-generation regenerative therapy, or the ultimate goal of regenerative
    therapy.
    At present, this is still in the fundamental research phase, but many
    researchers including us are working hard toward practical use. Therefore,
    it is expected that over 10-20 years are still needed for a practical
    application.

Please read the attached file.

Sincerely yours,

Takashi Tsuji, PhD
    Professor
    Research Institute for Industrial Science and- Technology Tokyo University
    of Science
    2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278-8510

This was on the file.
    Dear David,

Thank you for your contact regarding our recent study published in Nature Communications.
    I am grateful to hear that you have interests to our work. We would like to contribute to cure not only the various alopecia patient but also organ insufficient patients through the development of the technologies for the future organ replacement regenerative therapy. We have successfully demonstrated the just proof-of-concept to realize the hair regeneration therapy. We are now making efforts to realize a clinical application in near future.
    To realize the clinical application of human hair regeneration, the epithelial stem cells, which are isolated from bulge region, should be amplified by in in vitro culture to increase the number of the bioengineered hair follicle. Furthermore, we should elucidate the potential and safety for the regeneration ability of various follicles isolated from human skin and scalp. To realize the future clinical application for alopecia, many hurdles should be overcome in further studies.
    Thus, we cannot perform the clinical trials for this treatment at present. We would like to carry our research to clinical study within three to five years and provide clinical application method for the patients within 10 years.
    Thank you again for your encouragement. Sincerely,
    Takashi Tsuji, PhD
    Professor,
    Research Institute for Science and Technology Tokyo University of Science
    Director of Organ Technologies Inc. Yamazaki 2641, Noda, Chiba 278-8510 Japan TEL: +81-4-7124-1501 (ex. 4407)
    FAX: +81-4-7122-1499
    www.tsuji-lab.com/
    Research Institute of Science and Technology 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278-8510, JAPAN TEL: +81-4-7124-1501 (ex 4407)
    FAX: +81-4-7122-1499
    November 15, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Supersixx View Post

At present, this is still in the fundamental research phase, but many researchers including us are working hard toward practical use. Therefore, it is expected that over 10-20 years are still needed for a practical application.
    5 years, 10 years or 20 years - at least they have published one of the best (hair) research paper I've ever read during the past 10 years.