+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Any updates guys? I'm experiencing the same thing, 11 months and just going through a massive shed for the past 2 weeks, losing about 150-200 a day, which has left my hair see through, and probably lost about 50% densitiy. Crown is shit, left temple has receded.

Derm appointment tomorrow to get DUT prescribed ... Don't know if i should just give up on fin and switch DUT, or take both.

PS. No sides on Propecia so far, knock on wood. Way too horny if you as me actually lol

Sorry for the bump, I wonder what OP's situation is now. I've been taking finasteride for around the same time as him (23yo), as well as using minox and niz.

My hair is still declining, and another few months and I'll probably embark on the permanent head shave. Which is not such big deal in itself, but it does represent my transition into being a bald guy, a new version of myself with an unavoidable change of self-image.

I'm not unhappy with taking finasteride, the whole treatment thing daily has just worn me down. Now I've started using concealers it just adds to the effort.

Side effect wise, I have some, but I haven't had a girlfriend this past year for it to be a problem. The side that bothered me the most (intermittent testicle pain) seems to not occur any more. It almost certainly wasn't psycho-somatic, as it would happen at completely unforeseen times where I was fully distracted, like in the midst of action in a sport, doing something active with friends, or perhaps mid conversation or laughter about something. Now that's kind of gone, though my libido is still a shrieking shadow of what it is without fin, I have to stimulate erections for them to happen pretty much, no problem once the show has started though. Pre-fin I would get literally numerous spontaneous erections/day, and high libido, but that would provide social faux pas more often than you would think, so that's something I don't have to worry about, woop woop!

I'm going backpacking in India next month, last time I did a lot of backpacking was for a year, right before I noticed hair loss for the first time. So I really don't know what I'll do treatment-wise, it's such a pain in the ass.

Hey unk,

I'm actually glad you bumped this. It has been interesting to read. I hope some of the former contributors return to speak on the topic.

As for the backpacking/inconvenience of treatments: that's why I'll only do fin, otherwise shave my head. There's just no way I can travel the country for client meetings and be messing with rogaine and hauling keto shampoos. Just can't do it.

Hey Bigthinker!

How's it going with you dude? Been a while hey.

I think I actually found this thread searching google about finasteride not working, haha. I've been staying away from the forums to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by unk View Post
    Hey Bigthinker!

How's it going with you dude? Been a while hey.

I think I actually found this thread searching google about finasteride not working, haha. I've been staying away from the forums to be honest.
    All is well, man. I ordered 5 mg Fincar from inhouse and will doing low dose (cutting) intermittently to get my body used to it, and very gradually tapering up. How are you?

And, yes, I frequently land on this board browsing the web - I suppose that's how I first decided to join and participate in discussions.

Hope all is well with you and that OP reports on his current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    All is well, man. I ordered 5 mg Fincar from inhouse and will doing low dose (cutting) intermittently to get my body used to it, and very gradually tapering up. How are you?

And, yes, I frequently land on this board browsing the web - I suppose that's how I first decided to join and participate in discussions.

Hope all is well with you and that OP reports on his current situation.
    Ah, congrats on taking a new step! Now that ache side-effect has gone I think I can pretty much take the 1mg (finpecia) any time without change, though I tend to take it every 2-3 days. Though now I say it, contrary to spencers advice, I might pop one or two of my old propecia tablets, since my decline and no ache has been mainly notable since I switched to this finpecia 3-4 months ago.

I'm well, been getting back into weight training, I had a separated shoulder from playing rugby last year and pretty much couldn't do sport for a year which sucked. Moved cities to pursue a new career, though it's in the building block stages haha.

Hope all is well with you too, nice to see a familiar name. I am a little doubtful as to whether he will, but maybe some chat will be stimulated anyhow!

Good to hear. I'm also working out every day - rotating cardio with weight training. I'm certain it has positive mental effects, and it may possibly have positive physical effects (in respect to shedding/sides on fin).

Other than that, I'm finishing my Master's and I have an internship downtown in my city. So, I will start fin, cross my fingers for efficacy, and continue to accelerate through life regardless.

hehe nice man. The cardio is obviously great, though you got to be careful that building mass from caloric surplus is somewhat counteracted by the negative deficit cardio creates, though all altered with diet no problem! Oh yeah, for me it's not a means to an end, but an end in itself. As much of a staple as a morning shower, exercise brings me balance.

Hey, i'm finishing my masters and looking for an internship You're a step ahead of the game! You got it man, i'm sure it will work out for you.

It would seem i'm a small minority, but who even knows at what point I would be without any medication 18 months ago, I think I bought myself some time none the less. Still holding on for future hopes!

Default bump

Found this on Google, had to bump it.

Hopefully anyone from the first page of the thread including the OP can come back to update us on their hair situation.

As for me it's been over 3 months on Fin and hair looks good, but the front of the hairline seems to be thinning, can't be sure. Can't rely on pictures either because of lighting, length, style, camera and angle differences.

I for one will make sure to come back in a year to update everyone, and keep updating after that.

Good news is that I've never seen someone post (never mind with pictures) that they've gone on Finasteride with a full-ish head of hear and ended up visibly bald, ever. I feel that if that actually DID happen to someone, they'd want to vent about it. Any thoughts on that?

Glad to hear it's working out for you capitan. You've empowered yourself with taking that step, and I think you'll see the benefits.

In answer to your question, It's been quite some time since I had my head in the research about it, but I think there is a nonresponder minority, about 10-14% something like that according to Merck, but I wouldn't quote me. I believe that this is due to finasteride inhibiting one form of DHT, whereas dutasteride presumably has a very small nonresponse rate as it inhibits all 3 forms I believe.