Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up

I will do my very best to help throughout

Kiwi,

No worries of course i will. I have been sent several questions since i made this post and will endeavour to get everyone the info they require.

TopCat,

Thanks for your comment. I agree that SMP should be a last resort to resolve and minimise scars and in light i'm really not a big fan of BHT - SMP via this process is the next realistic step for me.

YYY,

My top is from Boss.

Best
    Spex

Here are some pictures of a patient who had his entire top filled in at BM whilst i was there. these are my own photos and they honestly do not do the result justice.

Note this is intra the process and literally 15/20mins in - The results settle and over a 24hr period settle and appear even more natural.

Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thumbs up

Also - 2nd patient who was kind enough to allow pics to be taken. His Italian ( classic) skin tone really assisted the naturalness This guy was very happy indeed with the result and his plan was to return the following day to have the initial session refined and tweaked. ( this is protocol to return following day ) The result in person was quite something i have to admit even after first session!

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I posted this on another forum and felt it appropriate to post it on here too :

Dr Shapiro,

Many thanks for commenting on my topic and showing interest in the technique generally too. Melina mentioned she had met you and was very appreciate of the compliments you gave her regarding her technique. I will most certainly send her your regards when i see her next week and she is also aware of this topic too so she will see your post

I look forward to having this done for my own personal circumstances as although FUE into my scar has definitely benefited my scar in the places we concentrated it still causes me restrictions i wish i didn't have. I also look forward to paying my findings forward too as if i genuinely feel this is of benefit to me and my scar there will be hope for others alike. Thanks agin for your participation and interest here on my topic.

Haircut,
    Cheers mate!

Hair there,
    There is no shaving down required if this is what you mean buddy ? The session can be done with hair left long. Cool hey

FormerTrachstar,
    I do not intend to shave down no, as there is no need to so recovery will be instant, along with the effect. Don;t worry i intend to take pics and some video footage along with a couple of other possible ideas to help.

Here is my scar in all its glory in 2006 at the point of my 900 FUE with Dr Feller - This is after 4 strip sessions and 1000 FUE with Dr Jones. As you can see i have a lot of FUE scaring as a result of Jones FUE too which i hope to also address with SMP ( possibly at a later date depending on the outcome of the SMP into the scar as this takes priority for obvious reasons. ( Its bigger and causes me more concern ) Along with the thin broader areas above and below the scar.

I have since hit the scar in places via small FUE session which really helped in the widest point. But the scar is still very evident to me! I do not want to dedicate anymore FUE into the scar especially because it provided me greater freedom and enough. Now however since my discovering SMP with BM i want to try and go behyond this to the "next level" and attempt to dilute the scar down even further enabling me to take my hair shorter possibly but also have more confidence with a shorter grade. For me its the scar and the thin hair around the scar which causes me "some" limitations.

Some might think its extreme and in comparison i'm very lucky. I am lucky compared to some patients and wider longer scars with depleted hair along the scar line, however its relative to me, and i am anal, i'm a perfectionist when it comes to my hair as most have gathered over the years.

Above and below the scar in certain places which you can hopefully see is thin as a result of all the strip surgery ( transection and overall hammer ) especially and the back. This annoys me and i hope it its appearance can be strengthened via SMP.

See this pic taken at BM last week to show the main focus part of the scar we intend to hit.

Any other questions please ask.

Best
    Spex

Is there a reason why it looks like one big blob of ink when the process is being performed? Maybe that’s proprietary information or just the way all tattoos look.

The big give away with a hair transplant is the reflection of light off the scalp and this is what makes concealers work so well. They basically matte the surface and there is little to no reflection. When this process is completed could the skin be described as taking on a matte appearance or just a dark but still shiny and highly reflective appearance? If it’s the latter then I would think that it would be of very limited value.

What happens when the process is exposed to sunlight? If the color is an exact match how does it look if the hair becomes lighter in sunlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Guys,

I was in Milan last week seeing a friends and based on a lot of discussion of late and conversations with various patients i arranged to call in at "Beauty Medical" for the day, who have been creating discussion regarding their own version of micro/trico pigmentation. Their technique fades over the course of approx 2 years.

http://www.beautymedical.it/

I was very impressed indeed with their facility, approach and results. I watched 4 sessions being performed and met and talked with previous patients too ( went out for lunch with one). It’s very natural looking, colour-matched, and a very refined technique. It's not expensive either in my opinion and very quick, we even did a small test patch into my old Bosley scar. The test was done to gauge things for my return on the 19th July where I plan to address the entire scar and surrounding border areas.

One of the patients having the technique performed had previously had FUE
    (not great work and large size extraction tools used 1.2 mm+ as an estimate, performed in Italy 2006 ) and the SMP technique was performed into various scars in the donor area and on the entire top in approx 1hr - Remarkable the difference IMMEDIATELY. It obviously didn't eliminate the scars and their appearance completely however WOW did is soften it and minimize the scaring – Yep!

This technique in my opinion is a real option to assist HT’s and can certainly help dilute and minimise existing scaring, strip and FUE. Together I see this being a powerful combo. One I intend to try myself soon.

I will aim to gather further info to inevitable questions and possibly you can list any you have below and I will be sure to get them answered when I am there at BM on the 19th. The ink used is natural product and fades over time ( approx 2 years) so not permanent, this appeals to me to be honest. Milena the owner of Beauty Medical has refined this technique and it’s her own technique and she is such a lovely lady, very compassionate and caring.

I intend to add to this topic with pictures of my initial visit last week in due course when I can get time and happy to answer any questions here to help in the meantime. I aim to address and fill the entire Bosley scar area that still causes me concern and the surrounding areas above and below the scar line with this technique to enable a blend and will document it in order to help others.

I personally have never felt comfortable with other pigmentation techniques and companies - I have seen a number of questionable results in person over the years whilst meeting patients and to me those techniques are inferior and look highly unnatural and basically various sized blue dots. It’s these pigmentation methods and their results that have always deterred me from doing it myself previously, however after seeing this recent BM technique in Italy with my own eyes there is a very realistic option to help me and my scar and hopefully it can help many others. Other doctors have remarked on BM technique it positively and my man Jotronic also has had the pleasure of meeting Milena and her patients whilst in Italy last time he was over and only had positive things to report.

I have lived with my Bosley scar for over 10 years now and in fairness its not that bad, I know this compared to some, however if I can help minimiise it further safely - I will! I had 4 strip surgeries by Bosley, everytime the same scar was removed, causing the scar to stretch. I feel after already putting FUE into the scar the results have been great and really helped me address the worse areas, yet for me now SMP via the right technique seems like the most realistic option to enable me to further dilute my scar down and in turn enable me more confidence on shorter grade hair cuts as I do not want to waste previous donor hair into the scar further and for me BHT is too inconsistent. I also intend to with the use of this technique go in and around the scar area ( the boarder areas ) which in certain parts is thin and patchy due to all the trauma of the 4 previous strip sessions at Bosley. My scalp has had some hammer over the years – that’s for sure.

I want to go in pursuit of the “next level” and attempt to minimise my old Bosley scar further. I’m in pursuit as are many of us to achieve the best result possible for myself. Hopefully others can learn from my experience too. I will certainly pay forward my findings and opinion moving forward. This may work, it may not. I will report my findings and document to help regardless. I look forward to venturing forward with this.

Pic of Milena and I below last week at her office in Milan.

I’m planning on hitting the scar 19th July - Wish me luck!!

Best
    Spex
    Good Photo Spex!!! You and Your significant other, look good together! Hair is looking good my friend!!!!!!

Do you intend to shave down at some point after this?

Quote Originally Posted by stylus187 View Post
    Good Photo Spex!!! You and Your significant other, look good together! Hair is looking good my friend!!!!!!
    Is this it.

http://store-uk.hugoboss.com/Henley-...%26size%3DEU_M

Hi Guys,

TC,

The initial "blob" is only superficial as it's the centre of that dot you are seeing in the final stage - when all the residue is removed a small refine dot remains. What you see and refer to as the blob is the entire tool diameter meanwhile in the centre of that "blob" the tool creates the fine small "dot" - the "blob" is removed by simply wiping it away.

I think i know what you mean by the concealer reference and i believe it can defo compete with this appearance and minimise the shinny appearance. I will know more after i have had it done on my scar. Once i have personally had it done i will be able to explain how i feel it has helped me, nor not.

The sunlight can and will make it fade, i assume as it fades the patients would need to top up as and when required. No two patients are going to be exactly the same in terms of fading timeline as all patients will be under different conditions. Personally SMP into my scar will not be effected by the sunlight so possibly will last longer than say someone who has entire top covered and exposes to direct sunlight daily.

Hopefully in time we will all learn more and be able to share info.

At this moment in time i see very little risk for me personally with this SMP technique and only potential gain, therefore i aim to hit the scar and report back. As i learn more I will do my best to pay it forward as i go.

Stylus,

Thanks, this is Melina with me the owner of Beauty Medical.

Sparky

I simply hope the scar can be minimised, period - If so i will attempt to go with a lower cut - and see the real benefits at some point for sure, let me see how it all goes first.

YYY,

No. My top is from last season, you will not get it now. Lets keep my waredrobe for PM or different topic

Best
    Spex

Hi Spex! thanks for the chat the other day. I am quite excited to get your feedback and view some photo's of this procedure once you have it done. Actually this was the first thing I looked into when I decided to do anything about my scars. I did visit HIS, speak to the owner of AC in Florida, and the owner of GLI in MN. I did visit the NY location of HIS and wasn't all that impressed. Not to mention the cost they threw at me for just scar work. I often think this might be an option for many and I certainly think I will add it to my own repair process as a final "touch-up" to ultimately blend the scars after I am finished with the FUE process.
    Why do you think Her process is more realistic than the others? Were the dots smaller? Is she able to create a more realistic 3D illusion? One major question I have is how realistic would it look if one decided to have this done but keep his hair slightly longer than a 0 or 1 guard. I've been told this is the length that MP looks the most realistic. Will she be using a differant technique since your purpose is to create a more permenant concealer?

Thanks in advance and take many photos!

Hi mate - nice to talk to you - sorry you caught me heading to a late train!

As mentioned other SMP i have seen looks like blue dots and fake. This technique is very refined and colour matched and looks essentially like stubble. It actually looks very natural even under close inspection. What will it look like into my scar - i will know on Thursday and soon after that once it settles.

I hope it allows me to wear shorter grade and addresses the stretched scar area and thin boarders!

I will know a LOT more next week - I'll get it done and i will report back