Spex goes for SMP into scar 19th July 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sp8rky
    • Jul 2012

Do you intend to shave down at some point after this?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by stylus187
      Good Photo Spex!!! You and Your significant other, look good together! Hair is looking good my friend!!!!!!
      Is this it.

Comment

• Spex
        Dr Representative
        • Nov 2008

Hi Guys,

TC,

The initial "blob" is only superficial as it's the centre of that dot you are seeing in the final stage - when all the residue is removed a small refine dot remains. What you see and refer to as the blob is the entire tool diameter meanwhile in the centre of that "blob" the tool creates the fine small "dot" - the "blob" is removed by simply wiping it away.

I think i know what you mean by the concealer reference and i believe it can defo compete with this appearance and minimise the shinny appearance. I will know more after i have had it done on my scar. Once i have personally had it done i will be able to explain how i feel it has helped me, nor not.

The sunlight can and will make it fade, i assume as it fades the patients would need to top up as and when required. No two patients are going to be exactly the same in terms of fading timeline as all patients will be under different conditions. Personally SMP into my scar will not be effected by the sunlight so possibly will last longer than say someone who has entire top covered and exposes to direct sunlight daily.

Hopefully in time we will all learn more and be able to share info.

At this moment in time i see very little risk for me personally with this SMP technique and only potential gain, therefore i aim to hit the scar and report back. As i learn more I will do my best to pay it forward as i go.

Stylus,

Thanks, this is Melina with me the owner of Beauty Medical.

Sparky

I simply hope the scar can be minimised, period - If so i will attempt to go with a lower cut - and see the real benefits at some point for sure, let me see how it all goes first.

YYY,

No. My top is from last season, you will not get it now. Lets keep my waredrobe for PM or different topic

Best
        Spex
        Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• northeastguy
          • Feb 2012

Hi Spex! thanks for the chat the other day. I am quite excited to get your feedback and view some photo's of this procedure once you have it done. Actually this was the first thing I looked into when I decided to do anything about my scars. I did visit HIS, speak to the owner of AC in Florida, and the owner of GLI in MN. I did visit the NY location of HIS and wasn't all that impressed. Not to mention the cost they threw at me for just scar work. I often think this might be an option for many and I certainly think I will add it to my own repair process as a final "touch-up" to ultimately blend the scars after I am finished with the FUE process.
          Why do you think Her process is more realistic than the others? Were the dots smaller? Is she able to create a more realistic 3D illusion? One major question I have is how realistic would it look if one decided to have this done but keep his hair slightly longer than a 0 or 1 guard. I've been told this is the length that MP looks the most realistic. Will she be using a differant technique since your purpose is to create a more permenant concealer?

Thanks in advance and take many photos!

Comment

• Spex
            Dr Representative
            • Nov 2008

Hi mate - nice to talk to you - sorry you caught me heading to a late train!

As mentioned other SMP i have seen looks like blue dots and fake. This technique is very refined and colour matched and looks essentially like stubble. It actually looks very natural even under close inspection. What will it look like into my scar - i will know on Thursday and soon after that once it settles.

I hope it allows me to wear shorter grade and addresses the stretched scar area and thin boarders!

I will know a LOT more next week - I'll get it done and i will report back

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• northeastguy
              • Feb 2012

I'm sure your excited...

Just something to think about.... would you consider getting your hair cut to the length your ultimately hoping to achieve prior to the treatment? This would give her the ability to know exactily how to blend the scar with the rest of your scalp while working around your haircut of choice. Are you hoping to get away with a fade cut? #2, #3.......(gulp) #1?!

I wish I was at this stage of my repair process....unfortunately, I have a good 18 months, another FUE session, and perhaps Laser before I jump into this. But I have to say I like knowing there is a treatment that looks realistic enough to pull it all together.

Comment

• Spex
                Dr Representative
                • Nov 2008

Hey NEG,

I have given this much thought already however i am fitting this trip in to Milan to have this done as a manic whistle stop due to my schedule and on my immediate return have some important meetings and functions literally on the Friday and Saturday. I do not have the luxury of time after just incase it doesnt work out as i had hoped - i'm sure you can understand and appreciate this.

I will do this for you though. In August i am going away on holiday with my family for 3 weeks. I will grade 2 or 3 then and take some harsh pics for you. Hope this will surfice. If i feel i can go any lower , i will

My Bosley scar is a real nuisance and has stretched some at the bottom since 8 years ago since this pic was taken below and at present i push it on a grade 4/5 and also the area around the scar is thin too through hammer, shock and transection( a combo i feel )

Jones hit the area above my widest part of the scar then hard i believe too with some big punches, he must have as it is noticeably thinner to me, hence why Dr Feller didn't extract from that area on the right as you can see from the pic.

My goal area to hit is this area in Green:

Comment

• northeastguy
                  • Feb 2012

Sounds great............I completely understand your situation. Your vacation time sounds like a good opportunity to experiment. I have the same thinning going on below my lower scar. Obviously it was from poor tecnique removing the strips. even closing it up, you can see the crazy direction the hair growth is. The top has either problem.....I'm sure Dr Bernsteins skill had something to do with the better outcome. My poor healing took care of the stretch.
                  Do you know if this company has plans to put their site up in English? there's an option to view it that way but it doesn't work. My Italian is not so good....Actually I don't speak Italian at all so it's really bad.

I thinks 1 important question people are going to have is whether there is ANY chance for the dye they use to turn blue or change color for that matter?

Comment

• Spex
                    Dr Representative
                    • Nov 2008

Hi,
                    Thanks for understanding.

The ink used is natural and i asked that question Milena assured me no is doesnt turn blue, ever.

Simply use Google translate it works very well to navigate the site

Direct Link :

Best
                    Spex

Comment

• Folly
                      • Nov 2011

Hey Spex. Good luck in Milan mate.

Quick question, how was your scar closed in Bosley, tricho or the old fashioned normal closure ?

Comment

• Spex
                        Dr Representative
                        • Nov 2008

Old school mate - Trico wasnt around and remember this is Bosley we are talking about.

Last and 4th strip surgery with them was 2003

Comment

Working...