+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There was absolutely no point in making the post you made other than to try to start a fight.

You implied that Propecia and Rogaine do not work. They do work. They have been proven to work. They work for most people who use them properly. Pointing out an untruthful implication is not arguing. It's righting a wrong.
    As someone who reads this forum, but doesn't post often I'll briefly chime in. (And probably regret it.)

Tracy, when you first started posting here I noticed how great it was that you took so much time to educate each and every new person, while most of us tire of the constant AM I LOSING MY HAIR WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?! introductory posts that constantly pop up. But it didn't take long to be turned off by the sharp and condescending way that you disagree with individuals who don't share your point of view. While there is value in shepherding new consumers away from snake oil products, there's also something to be said for a measured tone. Have you ever noticed that Spencer and you seem to share mostly identical views, but almost everyone likes Spencer while many regulars posters here won't give you the time of day? It's not because you're a woman and he's a man; it's an attitude difference.

I'm an engineer and not a scientist, but I've educated myself enough to know that the FDA isn't all that. They do the best they can to help us make informed choices, but sometimes labels don't completely capture true risk. I know because I experienced persistent side affects from finasteride. I consider myself very lucky because I've managed a full recovery in what seems a comparatively short time relative to the folks on propeciahelp.com. The facts are that my experience was vastly different from what was written on the label, and I'm just pleased that I stopped soon enough. I also have had a poor experience with minoxidil, and all that managed to do was increase the pace of my hair loss. (Yeah, I used it religiously for a full year.)

Finasteride and minox may be the best thing going for hair loss, but they aren't for everyone and you shouldn't be so patronizing to people that disagree with you and seek out alternative treatments. It's that patronizing attitude that draws sharp and hurtful responses. Many of the people on this board are successful, intelligent people and you would do well to keep that in mind when keying in a harsh retort to a difference of opinion.

But what the hell do I know...

Quote Originally Posted by sch89 View Post
    But it didn't take long to be turned off by the sharp and condescending way that you disagree with individuals who don't share your point of view....
    That was a lot to write and it didn't really have anything of value.

Like some others here, you are confused. For the most part, I leave my opinion and point of view out of it. I share the information I learn. My opinions have absolutely nothing to do with it. I am also a painfully honest person. If someone posts something that is not true, that needs to be addressed. If someone says or does something foolish, that also needs to be addressed. I am well aware that being that way turns some people off. I am not going to change. I'm not here to win a popularity contest.

This double posted for some reason so I edited this second one.

Like many others here, you are confused.
    Well, you pretty much proved my point. And no, I'm not confused. I'm actually a pretty smart dude who happens to realized that the words like "double blind study" and "FDA approved" just translate to "best information available" not "gospel Moses came down from the mountains with".

You say rude, and dismissive things in addition to the information you share, and that's what incites rude responses that always seem to startle and confound you. Hopefully your goal isn't to win a popularity contest on a forum for balding men, but if your goal is to merely educate you would be much more effective by not adding in all the acerbic rhetoric with your responses.

But I guess I'm not smart enough to type anything of value.

Like some others here, you are confused. For the most part, I leave my opinion and point of view out of it. I share the information I learn. My opinions have absolutely nothing to do with it. I am also a painfully honest person. If someone posts something that is not true, that needs to be addressed. If someone says or does something foolish, that also needs to be addressed. I am well aware that being that way turns some people off. I am not going to change. I'm not here to win a popularity contest.
    Not true, I found his post very informative and interesting.

You also just proved his point, that you're an annoying, arrogant, stuck up & condescending individual, I dont mind people being a little arrogant & in the clouds if they've the right to be - but you seem to have imperiously formulated yourself a 'hair loss advice God-complex' - based upon regurgitating 'text book advice' 90% of us were talking about years ago. Your "im right and those who dont agree simply dont understand me" attitude is really starting to bug me.

And I cant seem to enter a thread without seeing you 'involved' in some way shape or form, do you have a life?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    ...but you seem to have imperiously formulated yourself a 'hair loss advice God-complex' ...
    Not even close. I do not and never have claimed to be an expert much less a hair loss advice goddess. You read me the way you read me because you chose to read me that way. You interpret me the way you interpret me because you chose to interpret me that way. On both counts, you are dead wrong about me.

I could be wasting my time having fun playing Bubble Safari on Facebook, but I choose to try to help people who are going through what I have gone through. Some of the posters here are belligerent and/or foolish, and I do get harsh with those posters - and yes, you are one of them. Now go away.

Not even close. I do not and never have claimed to be an expert much less a hair loss advice goddess. You read me the way you read me because you chose to read me that way. You interpret me the way you interpret me because you chose to interpret me that way. On both counts, you are dead wrong about me.

I could be wasting my time having fun playing Bubble Safari on Facebook, but I choose to try to help people who are going through what I have gone through. Some of the posters here are belligerent and/or foolish, and I do get harsh with those posters - and yes, you are one of them. Now go away.
    You foolish bully you! Now go away! Go!

HAHAHAHA. Get a life Tracy. Seriously, step away from the keyboard, and go do something useful with yourself. I know you think this forum has given your life meaning, but it's not real. You need medical help and some friends.

^^^LOL what a waste.

^ See.

Thumbs up

i personally believe that its because she is a woman