+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    **** this we need better treatments - 20 years with just rubbish minox and BS propecia is awful.
    These treatments work. They would not have received FDA approval if they did not work. They may not work as well as you would like - but they still work. Sure we all want something better - but for now this is what we have to work with. You do the best you can with what you've got - until something better comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I've seen your pictures. You are not worse than baseline at all, much less "far worse".
    The photos I posted are very low resolution. The regular high-res photos I take to check my progress show me worse than baseline - people who see me daily even comment on that fact. I'll keep going with Propecia to see if it reverses the shed, but I have shed more than I imagined I would before starting that treatment.

I agree with UK_ that existing treatments are terrible, they're almost on the level of blood-letting and leaches. Better than having nothing, I guess. Just frustrating how little progress there has been in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    I agree with UK_ that existing treatments are terrible...
    Without the existing treatments, we would have absolutely nothing. I know guys have this all or nothing attitude about it. Women see things quite a bit differently. We will take every little bit of help we can get - because every little bit does help.

Without the existing treatments, we would have absolutely nothing.
    I know. It's not so much the fact that we only have a few things as recognised treatments that bothers me, it's the limitations of those treatments... And lack of progress in terms of getting new stuff. Is depressing the longer I spend on hairloss forums, and realise from dredged-up old discussions how much has already been and gone. By that I don't just mean the blatant snake oil, I mean products that got to FDA trials and so forth then failed or not emerged at the end. I'm getting rather pessimistic for whether stuff like Histogen or CB-03-01 will ever be available.

The photos I posted are very low resolution. The regular high-res photos I take to check my progress show me worse than baseline - people who see me daily even comment on that fact. I'll keep going with Propecia to see if it reverses the shed, but I have shed more than I imagined I would before starting that treatment.

I agree with UK_ that existing treatments are terrible, they're almost on the level of blood-letting and leaches. Better than having nothing, I guess. Just frustrating how little progress there has been in the last 20 years.
    I think if your hairloss is stable before touching propecia, then it is best not to touch it to begin with.

What you have gone through is my fear with propecia

I know. It's not so much the fact that we only have a few things as recognised treatments that bothers me, it's the limitations of those treatments... And lack of progress in terms of getting new stuff. Is depressing the longer I spend on hairloss forums, and realise from dredged-up old discussions how much has already been and gone. By that I don't just mean the blatant snake oil, I mean products that got to FDA trials and so forth then failed or not emerged at the end. I'm getting rather pessimistic for whether stuff like Histogen or CB-03-01 will ever be available.
    trust & we sells cb-03-01

Without the existing treatments, we would have absolutely nothing. I know guys have this all or nothing attitude about it. Women see things quite a bit differently. We will take every little bit of help we can get - because every little bit does help.
    What all or nothing?? The OP is a worse position than when he started. Hes not saying he expects fin and minox to give him a full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I think if your hairloss is stable before touching propecia, then it is best not to touch it to begin with.

What you have gone through is my fear with propecia
    Was my personal fear with Propecia too, that's why it has affected me so badly. All I can do is keep going and hope that it is the fabled 'med shed' that will reverse in time. Going from slightly thinned-out to visibly balding over the first 2/3 months is still traumatic.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    The OP is a worse position than when he started. Hes not saying he expects fin and minox to give him a full head of hair.
    Have you bothered to read this thread? Apparently not...

The OP is not worse off than he was before he started. He stated that he has seen no change in three and a half months.

Kirby claims to be worse off than he was before he started but he is not. Kirby is going through the freak out phase right now.

Neither Kirby nor the OP have been on treatment long enough to know if they are going to benefit from it. Treating hereditary hair loss is a painfully slow process. There is no way to speed it up. They both need to ride it out for at least a full year before they will know if treatment is working for them.

Next time pay attention. If you are not going to bother to pay attention, don't bother replying to what I write.

Have you bothered to read this thread? Apparently not...

The OP is not worse off than he was before he started. He stated that he has seen no change in three and a half months.

Kirby claims to be worse off than he was before he started but he is not. Kirby is going through the freak out phase right now.

Neither Kirby nor the OP have been on treatment long enough to know if they are going to benefit from it. Treating hereditary hair loss is a painfully slow process. There is no way to speed it up. They both need to ride it out for at least a full year before they will know if treatment is working for them.

Next time pay attention. If you are not going to bother to pay attention, don't bother replying to what I write.
    Was a mistake. I meant the OP doesnt have a all or nothing attitude, hes just being overly anxious, which doesnt help. Kirby too is being overly anxious, and should relax (easier said than done). This isnt all or nothing attitude. Though womens hairloss is very traumatic it is different to mens hairloss. Guys are living life knowing they'll be a NW6 or NW7 soon. Its so easy to sit there and be righteous if you dont fully understand this.

As for your tone. Get a job you bum and stop using this forum to fill the void in your life. You are deluding yourself that people need you here so that you can mask issues you have with yourself, you are not special. You wouldn't dare speak like that to me face to face, so dont do it hiding behind your keyboard, coward.

Face up to your own issues instead of pretending that you are some kind of hairloss saint. You repeat the same crap over and over and over about fin, minox and the FDA. It is pathetic and annoying.

Im sure others members will race to your rescue and start another "i love tracy" thread, which makes it all even more pathetic. You are a sad creature.

You really need to adjust your attitude.