+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What brings you to the forum?

So I've noticed a wide variety of attitudes on here along with a wide variety of reactions to the news we get about various treatments, and it got me thinking about why I read this forum, and why others do. Realistically, I think we all accept that it will be at least a few years before anything approaching a cure is available, so we can't actually do anything with the information we're getting. Personally, I suppose I'm looking for a bit of hope, but also - because I know many of these new treatments probably won't do much, or will be horribly expensive - I like to think that by the time they're actually available, I really won't care that much any more, and being here is more about easing my mind until I make it to that point.

But what about everyone else? What brings you back here? What do you feel you gain from all the speculation?

Mostly because I'm a nutcase. Keeping an eye on the upcoming treatments gives me a peace of mind, although there is so much disinformation that gets thrown around here that it sometimes is more distressing than appeasing to stick around. However, I think posters like Tracy C and a few others give legitimately quality insight which outweighs the constant stream of garbage that the goons who inhabit this place seem to have an infinite supply of.

pretty much same as re22.

Keeping an eye on the upcoming treatments is my main focus. ideal situation would be reading up on a treatment(s) that 100% works, after hearing that i could breath a sigh of relief and prob just delete this account. even if said treatment(s) was a few years off, the thought of a treatment(s) that fully works is enough for me to start relaxing and count down the days.

Quote Originally Posted by re22 View Post
    Mostly because I'm a nutcase. Keeping an eye on the upcoming treatments gives me a peace of mind, although there is so much disinformation that gets thrown around here that it sometimes is more distressing than appeasing to stick around. However, I think posters like Tracy C and a few others give legitimately quality insight which outweighs the constant stream of garbage that the goons who inhabit this place seem to have an infinite supply of.
    Tracy has no idea what she is talking about. She makes claims ALL THE TIME and has NOT ONCE cited where she got her unquestionable opinions...

Mostly to make sure I don't miss any info on the new developments. There is so much info flying around all over the place, but if I log on here I can be almost certain somebody has seen it and posted about it. That's why I pretty much just hang out in the "Cutting Edge" forum.

I agree it is hard to be a member here sometimes - the amount of negativity and lack of objectivity displayed by some posters I find amazing and kind of distressing - it really brings home to me how damaging this condition is, emotionally. And when you read those posts every day about how your life is ruined because you're balding, no girl will ever want you and even that you should kill yourself, well - you realise this can be an unhealthy place to visit indeed.

mjolnir, I have read a few of your posts and you are one of the more level-headed guys around here. You hair loss obviously is an issue for you (or you wouldn't be here) but you don't seem to subscribe to the idea that it's the most important thing in life. It's refreshing to read and a nice balance to some of the hysteria I read here almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Tracy has no idea what she is talking about. She makes claims ALL THE TIME and has NOT ONCE cited where she got her unquestionable opinions...
    You should bring her to your Hair Site cult so she can watch you and the others type your praises to Iron Man as clumps of hair come tumbling down onto your keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Tracy has no idea what she is talking about.
    Now that's funny right there.

Quote Originally Posted by re22 View Post
    You should bring her to your Hair Site cult...
    I won't waste my time with those clowns. The only hair loss support forums that are worth my time are The Bald Truth and the Women's Hair Loss Project. Sometimes it feels like The Bald Truth isn't even worth my time. Some of you guys are simply insane, brutal and downright cruel to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I won't waste my time with those clowns. The only hair loss support forums that are worth my time are The Bald Truth and the Women's Hair Loss Project. Sometimes it feels like The Bald Truth isn't even worth my time. Some of you guys are simply insane, brutal and downright cruel to each other.
    That's just cause of the frustration that hair loss causes some young guy's/girls. It can be pretty traumatic, one day young with a full head of hair, next day thinning and looking out of place (in your own mind). It turns some people into bitter insecure humans.

The psychological damage hair loss can have on a person is probably the worse part of losing your hair. And these 'insane brutal' people you refer to are just victims of this cruel disease.

Hope you can see thats all what it is. Cause I for one value your posts and level headedness. cheers!

I like reading about the new treatments. Seems like tons of new options have popped up over the last year. It gives me peace of mind to know that better treatments are on the way.

Find a way to maintain my diffuse head, with some regrowth, without a big risk to my sex life. Then im gone from forums forever.