+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I guess I use this place as a kind of support group. Reading other people who echo my thoughts and feelings on hair loss is somehow therapeutic.
    Sometimes I just think out loud on this forum too--about future treatments, experimental ones, proven ones, coping with hair loss, even random stuff that isn't very relevant. I don't feel comfortable talking about these things to anyone in person.
    Also I like being able to give some advice/hope to guys who are in the same position I was a few years ago: noticing their hair loss, hating it, and not sure what to do next.

Also for what it's worth, I do get a genuine laugh out of some of the stuff people post here. Posters like Davey Smith can lighten my mood when I really just want to grow a billion times my normal size and put my fist through the world.

It's weird, I went out to dinner tonight with a huge group of people in their early 30's and like 70% of the guys there were bald or headed that way. Only one dude showed no signs of loss whatsoever, and yet all of these guys had wives or fiancées and seemed totally comfortable. One guy even had the condition where you don't have ANY hair, as in no eyebrows either and no horseshoe. And yet I'm looking at all these guys and it just doesn't matter to me. I'm not thinking "Man, these guys look horrible, all of them are balding." It just looks normal to me, honestly.

It's times like this when I realize I am seriously overreacting to hair loss. Truth be told it's just not THAT big a deal.

Heading into a NW3 I'm just looking to gain back the hair i had in my teens(im 20 now). Everything seems to be in Phase II now.

Like someone said above, the second I hear something(like Histogen) is in it's last phase III and 100% works, even if it's 2-3 years away, just the excitement alone would be enough to tide me over.

I'm just waiting for that confirmation, I feel like it's damn close, more and more research money is spent every day and one day(soon) we'll have an answer. A product may be 4-5 years away, but we'll know for better or worse if there's a strong 'cure' within a year or 2 IMO.

I mostly come to this site to visit the section on cutting edge / future treatments. I've given up on minoxidil and finasteride and have decided against a HT. I like reading about future treatments because it gives me hope that maybe I won't always have to live with this condition. I also feel this community is a valuable resource for debunking hair loss scams. There are so many snake oil products and treatments out there that are marketed with all kinds of pseudoscientific jargon to make them appear legitimate. Since coming here, I think I've gotten better at spotting them.

That said, I hate the lack of civility that so often permeates these forums. It's one of the reasons I'm not a member of hairsite, although I occassionally read those forums as well.

I joined because I needed support and I listen to The Bald Truth. All of the forums are full of bitter crazy guys, but even though some of the hairsite nut jobs have infiltrated this place, for the most part it still satisfies my need to stay on top of things and there are great knowledgeable people here like Tracy and Winston and several others.

Hairsite trolls like NeedhairASAP are just plain poison for all forums. They destroy the sense of community that a message forum should be. They don't understand what civility means and their cult-like mentality is actually sad.

With all of that said, this is still the only legitimate hair loss forum on the internet and if you just ignore the idiots, there is no better place to get hair loss info and connect with people who have the same issues. I still really enjoy it here and just hope that some of the jerks learn to treat others with respect.

I hope that one day I will logg in and see that someone has found something that really works so I can go on with my life and start living again!

I want to grow hair one day and then travel to South Korea, they look at the balding people in a more judgemental way there, so no point going there when balding...

I almost forgot. sometimes I come here to just plain vent.

I mostly come here to look at the cutting edge/future treatments.

But that doesn't seem to move much lol! So I just randomly post on threads that catch my eye....like this one

I have been away for a while, I come on here to vent.

I did come on here to get advice about hair transplants but that got me knowhere as I gave up on that route.