+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Equol

do you people realize that DHT is barely even relevant in erectile function?
    For millions of men over 40 who suffer from ED, their problem is not the lack of DHT....
    finasteride doesn't affect Testosterone levels so something else must be going probably due to fin indirectly altering a bunch of other hormones.

I'm sure the answer could be found here but I don't have time to go through all that:
    http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/vi...06e54183142649

Just a shame this stuff is not affordable for the amount you need on a daily basis.

If I got my hands on this stuff and it completely halted my hairloss I would only need a few grafts and my hairline is back.

Any company's working on this product? For either hairloss or another treatment?

Hmm.

Well both fin and equol reduce dht levels, but you are suggesting that its the blocking of 5α-reductase that causes fins sides?

Ive read that 5α-reductase deficiancy causes major changes in a mans sex organs.

Does 5α-reductase convert other hormones?

Is DHT the ONLY androgen that attacks follicles? Ive read somewhere that in the lack of DHT, testosterone will make its way to hair follicles and be converted to DHT from within the follicle.

Im not so sure about equol. Its something id like to see put through proper human trials first.

"Dutasteride and Finasteride work by inhibiting the action of 5AR so that its ability to convert T to DHT is hampered. These compounds work through a process of irreversible inhibition of the enzyme - they have the ability to modify the active region on the surface of 5AR, so the testosterone cannot use the enzyme. Thus the conversion becomes energetically unfavourable and less likely to occur. To be more precise, there are two types of 5AR. Finasteride targets type 2 while Dutasteride can inhibit type 1 in addition to type 2.

For some men this will be enough to halt hair loss or even regrow hair over time. There are some side effects to inhibiting 5AR because the testosterone that isn’t being converted to DHT can trigger other hormonal responses in the body, as part of the natural hormonal feedback loop that we all have. Some men report lack of libido, erectile dysfunction or other side effects due to the increase in female hormones that are produced to counteract the higher levels of testosterone."

Thats the only explanation I can find. Thats from a equol manufacture, talking on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Well both fin and equol reduce dht levels, but you are suggesting that its the blocking of 5α-reductase that causes fins sides?
    absolutely.

Ive read that 5α-reductase deficiancy causes major changes in a mans sex organs.

Does 5α-reductase convert other hormones?
    not sure but it's a fact that 5ar blockers alter your other hormones besides DHT.

Is DHT the ONLY androgen that attacks follicles? Ive read somewhere that in the lack of DHT, testosterone will make its way to hair follicles and be converted to DHT from within the follicle.
    100% false.

5ar deficient people NEVER EVER go bald despite having tons of T.

Im not so sure about equol. Its something id like to see put through proper human trials first.
    it's already been put through trials it's just that none of them were about MPB.... mostly women problems and prostate issues.

We already know it's safe, it's just too bad that big pharma isn't interested in making it so we're stuck with a few small labs trying to produce it

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    absolutely.

not sure but it's a fact that 5ar blockers alter your other hormones besides DHT.

100% false.

5ar deficient people NEVER EVER go bald despite having tons of T.

it's already been put through trials it's just that none of them were about MPB.... mostly women problems and prostate issues.

We already know it's safe, it's just too bad that big pharma isn't interested in making it so we're stuck with a few small labs trying to produce it
    Well that Folexan source recommends 10mg a day. Whats your thoughts on that? You think thats enough to maintain? its not so expensive at that dosage. £20 per month. What are your plans 2020?

i'm buying between 30 and 100g

Well that Folexan source recommends 10mg a day. Whats your thoughts on that? You think thats enough to maintain? its not so expensive at that dosage. £20 per month. What are your plans 2020?
    my opinion is that it wouldn't be enough... maintenance at best if your hair loss is not that aggressive.

if it was up to me, I would be taking it at > 100mg multiple times a day since it has many other health benefits besides binding to DHT.

I'll be waiting for results from that guy who is taking 50mg of equol a day and if he's getting major results from that, then I'll buy it too

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    I'll be waiting for results from that guy who is taking 50mg of equol a day and if he's getting major results from that, then I'll buy it too
    Let us know how this goes. I'm seriously considering getting on the regular dose to see if I can maintain. I'll update once I start and also if I notice anything.

Hey everyone. Hope you are having a good night. Is this something that can be taken along with Fin and Minoxidil? Would you even want to take it along with Fin and Minoxidil or is it just a replacement possibly for Fin?