+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Do you bother to actually read what I write? No, obviously you don't. If you are not going to bother to read the whole thing, don't respond.
    That's what you say to everyone that argues against your garbage useless comments: "you didnt read what I wrote"... "you didnt get what I said"

What's there to get? LOL you clearly stated there's STRONG EVIDENCE that a lot of the sides are psychosomatic...

If you were informed about MALE sexual dysfunction you'd know that absence of morning and nocturnal erections are NOT consistent with psychogenic ED -

Your best bet is RU.

Mine is too.

If I were a guy there is no way I would even touch Spiro.

The legitimate data does not support that in any way shape or form. Maybe it is higher than Merck claims, but it is obvious that it is not as high as the fear mongers are claiming. Then there is also the very strong evidence that much of this is psychosomatic. You can ignore the data all day long but ignoring that data does not change what that data says. It just is what it is.
    It is higher than merck claim, not sky high but high enough to make me not want to risk it

Do you bother to actually read what I write? No, obviously you don't. If you are not going to bother to read the whole thing, don't respond.
    Everything with you is by the book.

Some people driving under the speed limit, some people cruise the limit, some people like to over take.

It can be great to be by the book, but other times we need to be more open, because the book is sometimes wrong. We have examples of this all around us, everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    It is higher than merck claim, not sky high but high enough to make me not want to risk it
    A good decision IMO - you can always shave it and still have a normal life/sex drive... trust me... if you end up with PFS hair loss will be the least of your worries...

Tracy, I find it difficult to believe that I am just unluckily part of some tiny minority of men who get these sides from fin. I just responded to another thread about a guy who is getting gyno from propecia. The forums are riddled with men complaining about ED and watery semen, lack of a sex drive, etc. The sides are higher than what Merck claims. Unless you perform the studies yourself, you know nothing more than anyone else here. People do not have time to waste complaining about sexual side effects in baldness forums if they do not experience them. This isn't some hoax. Wake up. Your constant defense of finasteride approaches blind faith, and if you continue attempting to disregard and quiet those of us who have experienced these sides you may very well endanger others, as there is a greater chance they will not believe us. The sides are real and worse than what Merck claims. I would never in a million years have taken fin if I knew I was going to have chronic epididymitis for 7 months and counting. Again, wake up.

Back to the topic please... I also want to develop a regimen without fin
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Tracy, I find it difficult to believe that I am just unluckily part of some tiny minority of men who get these sides from fin. I just responded to another thread about a guy who is getting gyno from propecia. The forums are riddled with men complaining about ED and watery semen, lack of a sex drive, etc. The sides are higher than what Merck claims. Unless you perform the studies yourself, you know nothing more than anyone else here. People do not have time to waste complaining about sexual side effects in baldness forums if they do not experience them. This isn't some hoax. Wake up. Your constant defense of finasteride approaches blind faith, and if you continue attempting to disregard and quiet those of us who have experienced these sides you may very well endanger others, as there is a greater chance they will not believe us. The sides are real and worse than what Merck claims. I would never in a million years have taken fin if I knew I was going to have chronic epididymitis for 7 months and counting. Again, wake up.
    Tracy is clueless. The sides associated with propecia are real.

We need a better alternative to blocking androgens & screwing up our brains.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Tracy is clueless. The sides associated with propecia are real.

We need a better alternative to blocking androgens & screwing up our brains.
    did you get ****ed by propecia too bro?

lol this again. Balding will have a greater impact on your sex life than finasteride in 90+ % of cases unless you're an old man. For those who get sexual side effects, this is obviously not the case.
    Instead of rehashing this argument for 10 pages, for the thousandth time, and seeing it end the exact same way it always does....maybe some of the full-time BTT researchers can actually aid this poor guy in building a fin-free regimen that might help him. It will involve experimental, potentially unsafe (often ineffective) treatments, but it's his business to weigh the risks and benefits and make a personal choice for himself.
    Minox and keto can help. I guess equol and RU can be effective if we're going by forum anecdotes, but I don't know how to get reliable/pure sources? There's also a particular saw palmetto complex that might help as an adjunct treatment though it won't maintain hair by itself....I forget which complex but someone can hopefully link to it.
    Also, not really an MPB treatment but I notice less shedding and better hair texture when I stopped using SLS & ALS on my scalp. These days I just use keto at the start of the week, glycerin soap in the middle of the week, and running water for the rest of the washes. Hair looks better and surprisingly the scalp is staying cleaner with this approach.

Edit: isn't there also some stuff that starts with "CB" that might be promising? It's been posted about in the "cutting edge" section of the forum.