+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    But so what? The fact that men would rather experience hair loss at 30+ rather than at 18 in no way demonstrates that it's any easier to accept MPB at the former age. Obviously nobody wants to deal with a bad thing any longer than he has to.
    this is a debate that comes down to opinion and since we don't have the same opinion we will have to agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    But so what? I'd rather get kicked in the nuts once rather than twice, but that doesn't mean I want to get kicked in the nuts at all.
    What about mpb and getting kicked? I saw this on another web board about a year ago and thought it was funny and copied it. The way the guy carries on about the pain makes me wonder if this really happened:

Last night, I went to a party with some friends I hadn't seen since college. I wore a hat because I haven't seen many of these friends since I started losing my hair. Everything was going good and I was having a good time until my ex-girlfriend showed up. She came up from behind me and stole my hat. She used to take my hat all the time to piss me off when we were dating (one of the many reasons we didn't work out). When she took off my hat last night I don't think she expected to see my NW4! She had a look of horror on her face and said, "Oh my god, you're bald!" She still had my hat and wouldn't give it back. I just had to stand there like an idiot while everyone stared at my head.

I noticed that she had gained some weight so I figured I should give her a tast of her own medicine and point that out. I said, "Looks like you've gained some weight. Should I shout that across the room?!" Before I knew what happened, she kicked me right in the balls. Obviously her weight was a more sensitive subject than my hairline. I tried to pretend I wasn't in incredible pain but I could tell from the look on people's faces that the intensity of the blow was obvious. She stormed out of the party with my hat in her hand so I couldn't cover up my hat hair or hairline. I left with my friend as soon as I could walk. The whole situation from beginning to end was pretty humiliating.

She's a stupid bitch. She can dish it out, but she can't take it!

Do yourself a favor, after your balls heal, get some bigger ones.

What was I supposed to do? Punch the bitch in the face? She's always been good at controlling situations. When I did stand up for myself (and I had a good point), she went straight for the nuts, knowing it would take me down. Once I was in the situation, there was no way for me to win.

It would've been impossible to put her in a "time out box"! I was doubled over in pain, in the fetile position, covering my nuts...but thanks for the suggestion.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:59 am

I ran into this stupid c*nt tonight and she is and ALWAYS will be my least favorite person. Of course she points out my bald head to every other stupid bitGh she sees. It's not surprising because she's always been mean and I could care less what this b@)tch thinks of me but no matter what she ALWAYS knows how to piss me off! She walks up to me and poured her drink on my brand NEW shoes! white nike shox. I'm still airing them out! I hope i NEVER see her again in my life!

When I first met my ex wife, she tried to kick me in the balls many times, and each time she wound up falling on her ass. Eventually she got the message not to do that.

So, if some chick (or anyone) tries to kick me in the balls, I pull a "Chuck Norris move" and I grab her foot before it reaches my nutsack, and then I don't let go of it, until eventually she loses her balance and falls straight on her ass. Then I stand there and laugh at her, and aks her if she wants to try that again. :mrgreen: (It was priceless to see the expression on her face after I pwned her). If she uses a knee, just pull the same manuever but grab the back of her leg instead.

Nobody said you have to be polite to girls that try to physically hurt you. ... :dunno: They are fair game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    gmonasco's nuts analogy is hilarious.

I agree with you but I also agree with those who say it doesn't make too much difference once the condition hits....30 seems like a lifetime away when you're 18, but you realize just how little time 12 years is--and just how young 30 is--when you're only a few years away from it. I turned 27 and don't look that different than when I was 18, except my stupid hair. When I'm 30 things will be similar unless I'm an alcoholic by then.
    A lot of people have the idea that they'll be settling down in their 30s (which I do not want but that's another story) and not care how they look. But caring about your looks is built into our genes, and like gmonasco alluded to most "settling down" is just temporary. When you're 40-50 and your wife has moved on, it would be a lot nicer to have Brad Pitt hair than Louis CK hair when you find yourself a bachelor again. And although you can still get in shape, get a tan, use retinol for the lines in your face etc. at that age....you really can't do much about your hair if it is gone.

Sorry, I'm just lamenting out loud.
    If I could choose the perfect age to start balding, it would be exactly 1 day after I die.
    Thank you for explaining this better than I could. Life doesn't always work out as planned. End of marriage due to divorce or death, you have to start over. And if you are in decent shape weight/hair wise, it just makes it that much easier.

Accepting=Quitting=Coward.

I love the sport of boxing. And in boxing, if you quit, it makes you look bad. Your career takes a hit.

Be a warrior, go out on your shield. Don't be a coward. Fight hair loss 'til death.

"Hard work, and dedication" - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Accepting=Quitting=Coward.

I love the sport of boxing. And in boxing, if you quit, it makes you look bad. Your career takes a hit.

Be a warrior, go out on your shield. Don't be a coward. Fight hair loss 'til death.

"Hard work, and dedication" - Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    by the way, the guy (May) is blessed with a thick head of hair and he shaves all of completely.

Ironic, isn't it?

I think he looks much better with some growth shade on top, like in the gatti fight