+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HST Coverage

Default HST Coverage

In a traditional hair transplant (FUT, FUE) the use of follicular units containing multiple hair follicles is important for coverage and creating the appearance of density - especially behind the hairline. With Gho's HST, he's implanting the stem cells taken from a follicle that has been longitudinally transected. When implanted in the recipient, this would generate a single hair follicle. So, my question is, how can HST hope to achieve an adequately dense appearance without the use of these 2 and 3 until follicular units? Would HST not require a much greater number of grafts to achieve the same type of coverage provided by a smaller number of grafts from a traditional transplant?

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    In a traditional hair transplant (FUT, FUE) the use of follicular units containing multiple hair follicles is important for coverage and creating the appearance of density - especially behind the hairline. With Gho's HST, he's implanting the stem cells taken from a follicle that has been longitudinally transected. When implanted in the recipient, this would generate a single hair follicle. So, my question is, how can HST hope to achieve an adequately dense appearance without the use of these 2 and 3 until follicular units? Would HST not require a much greater number of grafts to achieve the same type of coverage provided by a smaller number of grafts from a traditional transplant?
    I believe that GC had 80% regrowth and a significant amount of 2 or 3 haired follicles could be found in the recipient and the regenerated donor areas. Thusly, it is not true that only a single haired graft will grow in Gho's recipient sites.

[citation]

The above is a picture of GCs, previously completely bald, recipient site on day 17... notice several 1, 2, and 3 hair follicles

So, your question about "how can HST hope to achieve an adequately dense appearance without 2 and 3 hair follicle unites" starts on the false assumption that gho's stemcell transplants create only single hair follicles.

We can't answer that question because it's not asking a question about reality. I supposeWe could make up a pretend answer for a pretend question? I suppose we could ask rassman or woods? bverotti maybe?