I think I know how Dr Gho is playing it...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

I think I know how Dr Gho is playing it...

It is starting to make sense.

He is apparently opening up a clinic in jakarta.

See here:

I got my procedure in Amsterdam 05/15/12. Just 50 days ago. Sorry for my poor english, but i will try to show you what i think about the procedure and some questions i have done to the clinic. * My procedure was done by Freek Broekhuijse, the 2nd Dr than Gho. Dr Gho was in Maastrich, they have 2 or 3 procedures per day in

So IF his technology works, rather then sharing it with all the HT Drs free of charge, it probably makes more sense for him to monopolize the market.

He knows that if surgeons such as Rahal, hasson and wong etc who are superior then him adopt his tech free of charge, chances are he will lose a lot of potential clients to them. So in order to get around this and cope with more people wanting his HST, all he needs to do is open up a new clinic as a new cash stream. Which is what he is currently doing.

The problem the other surgeons will eventually have, many people may opt for Ghos technique over theres, it is already happening, so they will either be forced to adopt his technology or lose revenue.

Pretty genius.
  • gmonasco
    Inactive
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
    So IF his technology works, rather then sharing it with all the HT Drs free of charge, it probably makes more sense for him to monopolize the market.
    If profit were his primary motive, it would probably be more efficient for him to license the technology to anyone who wanted to use it rather than try to monopolize the entire market himself. He can't possibly perform or oversee enough procedures to satisfy more than a small fraction of the demand, but he could collect licensing fees from a whole lot of other practitioners.

Plus, if a new (non-exclusive) treatment came along that leapfrogged his, he'd be stuck with a bunch of clinics offering an outdated technology.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
      If profit were his primary motive, it would probably be more efficient for him to license the technology to anyone who wanted to use it rather than try to monopolize the entire market himself. He can't possibly perform or oversee enough procedures to satisfy more than a small fraction of the demand, but he could collect licensing fees from a whole lot of other practitioners.

Plus, if a new (non-exclusive) treatment came along that leapfrogged his, he'd be stuck with a bunch of clinics offering an outdated technology.
      I believe he already offers some sort of licensing fee, 50k. The problem is, people are slow to adopt the technology.

I believe he trains people up at these new clinics.

Comment

• gmonasco
        Inactive
        • Apr 2010

The problem is, people are slow to adopt the technology.
        Then he doesn't really need to worry about losing potential clients for his technique to other doctors, does he?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
          • Nov 2011

Then he doesn't really need to worry about losing potential clients for his technique to other doctors, does he?
          Yes, but the point is, Gho could have open sourced his technology and shared it with the rest of the HT community. Like Dr Woods did.

He hasn't, he cares about maximizing his return.

Comment

• aim4hair
            • Aug 2011

Yes, but the point is, Gho could have open sourced his technology and shared it with the rest of the HT community. Like Dr Woods did.

He hasn't, he cares about maximizing his return.
            Dr. Woods didn't do that..

Comment

• gmonasco
              Inactive
              • Apr 2010

Yes, but the point is, Gho could have open sourced his technology and shared it with the rest of the HT community. He hasn't, he cares about maximizing his return.
              You keep offering contradictory arguments.

If Gho's technique isn't being offered by anyone else because other doctors are just too resistant to adopting new technologies, then it doesn't make any difference whether his technique is open source or not -- he's not going to be losing business to competitors either way.

If Gho's technique isn't being offered by anyone else because it's not open source, he'd still do better at maximizing his return by lowering his teaching cost and setting up an ongoing licensing fee structure to encourage its spread than by trying to monopolize the market on his own.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                • Nov 2011

You keep offering contradictory arguments.

If Gho's technique isn't being offered by anyone else because other doctors are just too resistant to adopting new technologies, then it doesn't make any difference whether his technique is open source or not -- he's not going to be losing business to competitors either way.
                If it was open source, most of his competitors will be more inclined to see what it is about. Acell is a good example of this. Rassman despite being sceptical gave it a shot.

Whereas with it not being open source, they are simply less likely to investigate it due to the price.

If Gho's technique isn't being offered by anyone else because it's not open source, he'd still do better at maximizing his return by lowering his teaching cost and setting up an ongoing licensing fee structure to encourage its spread than by trying to monopolize the market on his own.
                But that would be more HT doctors will be using his tech.

I tell you something, if Rahal, or guys like that adopted his tech, I would not go to Gho, because Rahal does amazing hairlines.

Comment

• Kiwi
                  • Mar 2011

If it was open source, most of his competitors will be more inclined to see what it is about. Acell is a good example of this. Rassman despite being sceptical gave it a shot.

Whereas with it not being open source, they are simply less likely to investigate it due to the price.

But that would be more HT doctors will be using his tech.

I tell you something, if Rahal, or guys like that adopted his tech, I would not go to Gho, because Rahal does amazing hairlines.
                  Your ONLY flaw is that you could use Rahal for you hairline and Gho for everything else....

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
                    Your ONLY flaw is that you could use Rahal for you hairline and Gho for everything else....
                    Problem with that approach, you will lose 2000 grafts to rahal, which you could have saved for later on.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
                      I'm hitting gho up to "reinforce" my hairline and crownish area now, then hitting up singapore to fill in the hairline/front/back as needed... may hit up feridini for hairline touch up after that... then back to singapore for more crown touch up...

this is a 4-7 year plan

currently nw3 goin on nw4\

I just don't want to look like those guys who have no temples and tons of hair on top. It looks like a wig/shitty combover... So I'm hoping Gho can touch up temples eventually....

Comment

• inkt2002
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                        I'm hitting gho up to "reinforce" my hairline and crownish area now, then hitting up singapore to fill in the hairline/front/back as needed... may hit up feridini for hairline touch up after that... then back to singapore for more crown touch up...

this is a 4-7 year plan

currently nw3 goin on nw4\

I just don't want to look like those guys who have no temples and tons of hair on top. It looks like a wig/shitty combover... So I'm hoping Gho can touch up temples eventually....
                        you don't think histogen would be more effective than Gho when dealing with temples?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP

Bernstein hairlines.

They make you look like you are 50.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by inkt2002
                            you don't think histogen would be more effective than Gho when dealing with temples?
                            lol...... i don't need randomly growing single hairs all over my temples...

if they can figure out a way to make it look like a normal temple, by getting better at targeting WHERE hairs grow and HOW MANY hairs grow THEN YES, but until then I would use histogen to fill in the crown and areas where random single hairs growing in could not be pathetically obvious

also, histogen isn't released yet and we really don't know when it will be or exactly how cosmetically effective it is..... but if it ends up being great then obviously yes I would use that.. not sure we can say much about it at this point as it wont be out in asia til 2016

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by inkt2002
                              Histogen's HSC is not out yet, so no point talking about then. Especially since it only thickens velius hairs.

He may lose that velius hair by the time it comes out.

Comment

Working...