+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Inactive

I'd like to go to Gho in a few years (if histogen doesn't get their product available by then).

I believe his method works, especially given the number of celebs that went there.

But, why hasn't he given better looking results on his homepage?
    Either they are all after just 1 session, of they're with smaller number od grafts... I don't know. He can do 3 consecutive sessions in 2, 3 years - I'd love to see the result of that. I bet it can be GREAT!

Check out this example of similarly balding men.

First example is alvi armani (the "usual" FUE) amazing transformation,
    I'd be very happy with this.

Second is Gho, it doesnt state the number of grafts of number of sessions,
    but the results are not so good, in other words - this man obviously need at least one more session.

In his gallery there is not a single patient that has achieved the full potential of his method. They all look like they need at least one more session.

Kinda strange, right?
    This has the potential to give a great density (up to 100 hairs per square cm), if consecutive sessions are applied.
    I want to see that happen.

Me personally?

I'd be UTTERLY happy with the alvi armani results, that guy could have one more session in order to do some more fill ins,
    but its great as it is. (if the photo is genuine)

There are two major aspects to a hair transplant. One is the science and technical issues behind it and the other is the artistry and skill of the surgeon. These two issues should be separated, especially when talking about HST. At this moment, the main emphasis should be placed on the science and whether the procedure works as is claimed.

There are many surgeons who are more conservative and offer less grafts per session while others are more aggressive. If we can get proof that HST works as is claimed, than it will inevitably find its way into the hands of the top surgeons.

That should be the two goals in my opinion. 1. Show conclusively how well it works. 2. If we get conclusive evidence that it works, try to get leading surgeons to adopt it. That would be a massive development that people on the hair loss forums can actually affect and suddenly hair transplants would be a viable option for many people.

I do agree that the images on his homepage are not that impressive. But to be fair, the results guys like Wesley Sneijder and Gerard Joling got are excellent and he doesn't advertise them on the before and afters like many doctors would. I think it would be nice if they mentioned the number of grafts for the results, used a consistent hairstyle in the before and afters, and updated the results on a more consistent basis but I think in general, they are not too concerned with marketing. I do also wish he was less conservative and offered more grafts in a session, for example over multiple days.

Many of these are results from people who received (well) below 2,000 grafts.

Many of the truly impressive results from Armani, Hasson, Wong, yada daba do, and the rest of the bunch receive AT LEAST 3,000+ over 2-3-or 4 sessions.

These are the facts. Take them as you will.

if you disagree, post evidence that counters my statement

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    I do also wish he was less conservative and offered more grafts in a session, for example over multiple days.

This is possible, but not likely. One of the reasons Gho published BETTER yields in TWO different MEDICAL JOURNALS than most/any/all other surgeons is because he does small sessions. Stabbing your head 1,500+ times in the donor and then 1,500+ times in the recipient is a pretty traumatic experience for your epidermis. For instance, you MAY/DEFINITELY WILL have swelling from this traumatic, albeit not serious, surgery. Thusly, smaller procedures have, in general, higher yields because of less swelling/trauma/etc.

If you disagree, please post evidence that counters my statements

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    This is possible, but not likely. One of the reasons Gho published BETTER yields in TWO different MEDICAL JOURNALS than most/any/all other surgeons is because he does small sessions. Stabbing your head 1,500+ times in the donor and then 1,500+ times in the recipient is a pretty traumatic experience for your epidermis. For instance, you MAY/DEFINITELY WILL have swelling from this traumatic, albeit not serious, surgery. Thusly, smaller procedures have, in general, higher yields because of less swelling/trauma/etc.

If you disagree, please post evidence that counters my statements
    So, now that Gho is doing 'bigger' sessions ( 1800 ), is the yield much lower in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post
    So, now that Gho is doing 'bigger' sessions ( 1800 ), is the yield much lower in your opinion?
    1800-2000 even 2500 are not considered big sessions and in my opinion dr. gho does not choose the numbers randolmly.
    Actually it's for his intrest to make more grafts per session like traditional methods insteads of doing less than 2000 grafts per session and asking customers to come back after 6-9 months (which they might never come back if they weren't really satisfied with the first session).
    now it's very common in forums to see 4000+ FUE sessions and sometimes 6000+ FUT.

you know many FUE doctors when they do 3000+ grafts they do them over multiple sessions for yield survival but the diffrence is that, with HST since dr. gho claims re-generation and total healing of donor with no scars, he says that the donor area needs 6-9 months to heal completly. while in FUE the patient can do the multiple sessions over 2 or 3 consecutive days.

Many of these are results from people who received (well) below 2,000 grafts.

Many of the truly impressive results from Armani, Hasson, Wong, yada daba do, and the rest of the bunch receive AT LEAST 3,000+ over 2-3-or 4 sessions.
    That's definitely true. It would be nice if he indicated the number of grafts used for the before and after pictures for that reason though.

I'm aware of the healing issues involved when taking lots of grafts, especially for a procedure based on donor regeneration and high yield.

If you look at some of the patients that documented their cases lately (gc83uk, neversaynever, damielmilo), there were a significant amount of grafts that were extracted right beside each other. If those grafts can regenerate, I don't see why he can't do somewhat larger sessions on a more consistent basis beyond labour issues.

For a lot of patients, having to get so many smaller sessions takes up a lot of time and money. Getting time off, traveling, and going through the growing stages of one transplant is annoying enough, so it would be difficult to plan for yearly sessions of 1.5k. I would be willing to tolerate slightly lower yield for larger sessions personally.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    you know many FUE doctors when they do 3000+ grafts they do them over multiple sessions for yield survival but the diffrence is that, with HST since dr. gho claims re-generation and total healing of donor with no scars, he says that the donor area needs 6-9 months to heal completly. while in FUE the patient can do the multiple sessions over 2 or 3 consecutive days.
    how about the recipient area?

http://www.baldingblog.com/2012/07/1...re-with-photo/

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    I don't really know about the recipient area, but i know the example in the link is the exception not the norm as the doctor said in the answer. Many people do way more than 3000 grafts and their recipient don't go through what happened in that photo.
    Dr. Gho said very clearly in his interview with spencer that the waiting time between sessions is for the donor area not the recepient and he said they tested shorter waiting times between sessions but they found that the donor were not fully recovered and re-generated.
    Actually i kinda respect doctors who do small sessions cause you can tell they care about their work, cause if their intention was the money they would have do big session and gain more since they charge per graft not op.
    Think about it, a guy would go to gho and is being quoted for 1300 to 1700, which is enough to tell if the op works as claimed or not specially when it comes to visible issues like scaring and recepient growth, if he doesn't like the result he would never go back and gho would not get the money he could have got if he did large session, and don't forget there is 6 to 9 momths waiting time between sessions.
    I have contacted some reputable FUE doctors before i contacted gho and they quote me in the range of 1500 to 2500 grafts and told me that i might need more in the future if i lose more native hair, and then i contacted some hospitals in turkey who told me they can do 5500 to 6000 over 2 sessions and was trying to convince me to do it their way so that i would not need any more HTs in the future, IMHO, that could tell the diffrence between those who care about quality and those who just care about money.