+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood!!!

Default Blood!!!

I don't know if it was my subconscious mind or the itching, but as soon as I noticed that I was scratching my head, I woke up. It was too late! There was blood running down my face. I looked up close at my face in the magnifying mirror and I saw the beautiful hair follicles hanging out. I had the procedure done less than 48 hours ago. It looks as if I won't be able to sleep during the next 10 days. I just trimmed my nails as short as I could, but that won't be enough. I will tight my hands before I go to sleep tonight. This is serious. There are no words to describe how I feel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    I don't know if it was my subconscious mind or the itching, but as soon as I noticed that I was scratching my head, I woke up. It was too late! There was blood running down my face. I looked up close at my face in the magnifying mirror and I saw the beautiful hair follicles hanging out. I had the procedure done less than 48 hours ago. It looks as if I won't be able to sleep during the next 10 days. I just trimmed my nails as short as I could, but that won't be enough. I will tight my hands before I go to sleep tonight. This is serious. There are no words to describe how I feel right now.
    read somewhere that if you save then in saline, they can be replaced in the scalp

call your doc

The first thing I would do is call your doctor. It’s possible to dislodge a few grafts, but it’s unlikely that it will effect your overall hair transplant result.

dreamer,

How many grafts do you think that you lost? If it does affect your hairline, you can always have them replaced by FUE.

Have you talked with you doc? The itching sensation is no doubt from the healing. Try to keep the area moist which will help with both itching and healing.

Wish you the best.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

The blood and burning caused by the scratching unleashed an unknown emotion in me. I thought I had ruined the prospective results. Now I tie my hands before I go to sleep/nap. It doesn't cut my circulation, of course or makes me feel uncomfortable. Rev 3, Winston, and gillenator, thanks for your advice! I dislodged a few grafts, fortunately, I still look the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair-Front.jpg

Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	15829   Click image for larger version

Name:	073.jpg

Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	15830  

The blood and burning caused by the scratching unleashed an unknown emotion in me. I thought I had ruined the prospective results. Now I tie my hands before I go to sleep/nap. It doesn't cut my circulation, of course or makes me feel uncomfortable. Rev 3, Winston, and gillenator, thanks for your advice! I dislodged a few grafts, fortunately, I still look the same.
    that was a great idea!
    the binds look loose enough but secure

dreamer,

Glad to hear that you have not lost more grafts!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

I had the stitches removed today and the technician said that it looks as if the hair grafts are already growing. She also said that I may not lose them. Well, I am not pessimistic, but all the reviews that I have read indicate that most people lose them. It is better to expect that it is going to happen anyway than to celebrate and then get bald in a few more days. I also want to add that tying my hands helped me; however, there was a night when I woke up bending my body. If my hands couldn’t reach my scalp, my scalp wants to find a way to reach my hands. It is a relief to have completed the 10th day which indicates that the hair grafts should be safe.

Dreamer,

It looks like you are going to be fine. It is going to take a while, about 12 to 18 months, but you are going to be fine. The waiting is the hardest part of this. Trust me, I've been there and done that. My surgery was 22 months ago. I saw the most filling in between 12 and 18 months. I still have a little more hair filling in even now.