+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Looks matter

Well part of it is that while looks wane eventually, for most people that doesn't start happening before mid to late 30s unless it's by choice (bad habits, lack of self-care, etc.). For some it doesn't even happen until much later--Johnny Depp is like 50 now.
    For those of us who started losing hair in our 20s (or even worse, teens), we HAD to start losing our looks at a time when everyone else is in their physical prime. 25, 20, or 16 is a horrible age to start going through something that you never expected to go through for at least another 10-20 years.

So it's true self-acceptance is a good way to happiness, but it's difficult when you're rushed into that stage years or decades before your peers.

I have a theory (more of a hope) that when hairloss is cured, we're all gonna be better people for it. We'll be less judgmental of other people, 'cause we've been judged so harshly. We're going to really understand that we should accept people no matter what they look like. Understand it in a way that you can only understand if you've been there and come back.

But it probably won't work that way. Actually, I'm sure it won't, because I still see people on here saying stuff like, "It sucks that all women care about is looks! Why won't she give me the time of day just because I'm bald! Hell, I'll probably end up with a fat, ugly girl."

We all deserve this. It just sucks that everyone else deserves it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I have a theory (more of a hope) that when hairloss is cured, we're all gonna be better people for it. We'll be less judgmental of other people, 'cause we've been judged so harshly. We're going to really understand that we should accept people no matter what they look like. Understand it in a way that you can only understand if you've been there and come back.

But it probably won't work that way. Actually, I'm sure it won't, because I still see people on here saying stuff like, "It sucks that all women care about is looks! Why won't she give me the time of day just because I'm bald! Hell, I'll probably end up with a fat, ugly girl."

We all deserve this. It just sucks that everyone else deserves it too!
    Even they are picky mate.

With that said, as much as we bitch about people not giving us the time and the day. We are just as shallow for discriminating against fat, ugly girls, they need love too.

Rather, the real problem with hairloss, is that it strips our identity away, I never did once ever see myself as a bald man. Screw that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Well part of it is that while looks wane eventually, for most people that doesn't start happening before mid to late 30s unless it's by choice (bad habits, lack of self-care, etc.). For some it doesn't even happen until much later--Johnny Depp is like 50 now.
    For those of us who started losing hair in our 20s (or even worse, teens), we HAD to start losing our looks at a time when everyone else is in their physical prime. 25, 20, or 16 is a horrible age to start going through something that you never expected to go through for at least another 10-20 years.

So it's true self-acceptance is a good way to happiness, but it's difficult when you're rushed into that stage years or decades before your peers.
    I agree with what you said. I don't mind balding if I were ten years older. At that age it would seem normal. I don't think my looks are terrible as a result of balding. I think I look abnormal for my age.

someone being ugly is well, just ugh.

But a bunch of fat girls would turn hot if they lost weight and toned up.

Take a look at some of the Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition gals.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post

Here in the USA most people are overweight or obese (or "morbidly obese," "super obese," whatever the categories are). I often see overweight women who I can tell would be very good looking when they get into shape.
    I wish it was like that for MPB. "Oh, that guy will look great once he gets around to regrowing his hair."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPDd...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Here in the USA most people are overweight or obese (or "morbidly obese," "super obese," whatever the categories are). I often see overweight women who I can tell would be very good looking when they get into shape.
    I wish it was like that for MPB. "Oh, that guy will look great once he gets around to regrowing his hair."
    Bro, that's what really frustrates me more than anything. Overweight people have a chance to improve their situation and looks by exercising and getting on a healthy diet. But with MPB, there is no solution. That's why I would give anything to be overweight as opposed to suffering from hair loss. At least if a person is overweight, the opportunity is out there to lose a ton of weight. But a person with hair loss is really screwed when it comes to effective options out there. That being said, I will concede the Propecia does help to slow down hair loss (sometimes drastically). But in terms of hair regrowth, the options are downright laughable.

Anyway, you are right about more people being obese or overweight here in the U.S. more than anywhere else in the world. And I really do believe that the pharmaceutical companies and other entities literally make a fortune from providing people with drugs to treat a variety of things. Meanwhile, if these people adopted a healthy diet and exercised regularly, then I believe that they wouldn't even need a lot of these drugs to treat their specific conditions. I even remember Spencer saying that he had some type of infection (or some other kind of ailment) and the doctor wanted to put him on some type of drug for it. Yet Spencer refused to get on this drug and instead changed his diet dramatically and maybe made a few other changes to his lifestyle. As a result, I think he said that he felt 80% better, or that the infection or ailment was 80% removed from his body or something like that, on his radio show. The action that Spencer took actually inspired me to change my own diet and lifestyle recently. I eliminated lots of junk food and started running again. As a result, I think that my hair texture and volume is a lot better as well as my overall health. I really think that in today's society, we have crappy food marketed to us left and right and as a result of bad diets and habits, some people develop various ailments and then have drugs prescribed to them to treat said ailments. Whereas I believe that if people just improved their diets and lifestyles, then their ailments would be gone or the symptoms severely reduced without the need for prescription drugs. Man, I really wish this applied more to hair loss.

If you want it to stay off, you have to do only things that are doable over the long term. Eat less, but don't starve yourself. Only do exercises you like ..that way you will stay with it and not give up.

That poor guy should have asked for help. That is stress eating, been there done that.