+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do Looks matter

Inactive

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Bro, that's what really frustrates me more than anything. Overweight people have a chance to improve their situation and looks by exercising and getting on a healthy diet. But with MPB, there is no solution. That's why I would give anything to be overweight as opposed to suffering from hair loss. At least if a person is overweight, the opportunity is out there to lose a ton of weight. But a person with hair loss is really screwed when it comes to effective options out there.
    Yes, that's one of the hardest things to accept about MPB: the loss of control. MPB happens through no fault of your own, and there's nothing you can do about it. No amount of hard work, money, dieting, exercise, physical therapy, surgery, medical treatment, good behavior, or anything else will restore the head of hair you once had.

I would bet, though, that some chronically obese people hold the feeling that hair loss sufferers have it easy in comparison to them, because in their minds hair loss sufferers can wear hairpieces, while there's nothing obese people can do to disguise their weight.

**** hair loss.

I agree the lack of control with MPB is maddening. I could be a billionaire and it would make no difference in my options.

However I'm not judgmental of overweight people anymore. There's no way to know what difficulties and tragedies these strangers face every day. Most people in modern society are self-medicating in some form, with food, drugs, alcohol, TV, risky sex etc etc. Food is just the one that makes itself most obvious in someone's appearance.
    In the worst of my depression (after noticing hair loss) I was abusing liquor and cannabis for awhile. To the casual observer I probably might have seemed like some selfish degenerate, but actually I was just dying inside and desperate for a quick fix to give me some relief from it

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    ****ing depressing man.

Why can't hairloss be a treatable condition. I wouldn't mind it if I could properly treat it without potentially ****ing my endocrine system up.

God has a way of playing sick jokes on men.
    First thing you need to realize is that theres no such thing as god.

I think its important to note though..... that all the women we ever slept with, dated, made friends with.... they never gave us the time of day because we had hair.

As much as it sucks ass to be a balding man and still have standards, I really think women are less picky than men. The most attractive girl I know (think Eva Mendes) basically only dates guys with a shaved head or baldies. Its never just the hair, women (and people that are worthwhile in general) are interested in far more than just our head of hair (or lack of).

The other thing is, being bald isnt always a negative.... the top of my head has been thinning for a few years now after my harline has receded, but I've gotten an urge to just shave it all off and see what I'd look like. You guys are forgetting that bald doesnt mean ugly; Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Andre Agassi and a boat load of other guys look BETTER bald than with hair. Two close friends of mine with almost no hair score THE MOST of any of my friends, more so than even some of my attractive looking guy friends. And neither of the two bald/balding friends of mine are anything like the celebrities I mentioned.

Imagine that.... scoring more with the ladies when bald than before with hair?

Like I said, it was never the hair that made us so attractive to the ladies... its much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I think its important to note though..... that all the women we ever slept with, dated, made friends with.... they never gave us the time of day because we had hair.

As much as it sucks ass to be a balding man and still have standards, I really think women are less picky than men. The most attractive girl I know (think Eva Mendes) basically only dates guys with a shaved head or baldies. Its never just the hair, women (and people that are worthwhile in general) are interested in far more than just our head of hair (or lack of).

The other thing is, being bald isnt always a negative.... the top of my head has been thinning for a few years now after my harline has receded, but I've gotten an urge to just shave it all off and see what I'd look like. You guys are forgetting that bald doesnt mean ugly; Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Andre Agassi and a boat load of other guys look BETTER bald than with hair. Two close friends of mine with almost no hair score THE MOST of any of my friends, more so than even some of my attractive looking guy friends. And neither of the two bald/balding friends of mine are anything like the celebrities I mentioned.

Imagine that.... scoring more with the ladies when bald than before with hair?

Like I said, it was never the hair that made us so attractive to the ladies... its much more than that.
    Download an iphone app called baldify.

And you will see for yourself how you look bald.

I wouldn't say Willis looks better completely shaven/bald - he just looks different. It helps as it thinned down he kept getting it cut shorter and shorter so the change wasn't a drastic visual shift.

He holds it well. He has a great shape and isn't skinny fat.

Lifes always worth living. There may not be a god in the context you are used to hearing it from the bible or koran. However I use reason based on the belief that he complexity of the cells in a leaf let alone all the organisms on the planet clearly support an intelligent designer. It’s a belief that uses this really cool analogy and truthfully they refute all religious claims of saviors or prophets. They more or less believe the motions that created earth must have been created by something due to the complexity of earth. They say this, If you found a watch in the middle of a dense forest and I asked you how old it was. You may be able to narrow it down within a decade or so but if I told you it was a million years old you would call me crazy. Why? Because a human had to have created it due to the complexity of it. No animal or natural process could have done it by mere chance. Well the earth’s complexity is far greater than that which really makes you wonder what created us. What that designer is I have no clue, does that designer intervene? I have had no spiritual intervention? Does an intelligent designer exist? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I agree the lack of control with MPB is maddening. I could be a billionaire and it would make no difference in my options.

However I'm not judgmental of overweight people anymore. There's no way to know what difficulties and tragedies these strangers face every day. Most people in modern society are self-medicating in some form, with food, drugs, alcohol, TV, risky sex etc etc. Food is just the one that makes itself most obvious in someone's appearance.
    In the worst of my depression (after noticing hair loss) I was abusing liquor and cannabis for awhile. To the casual observer I probably might have seemed like some selfish degenerate, but actually I was just dying inside and desperate for a quick fix to give me some relief from it
    I use to crack jokes at EVERYONE, even bald people... then low and behold. Only so many years later, I am much more humble.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    Lifes always worth living. There may not be a god in the context you are used to hearing it from the bible or koran. However I use reason based on the belief that he complexity of the cells in a leaf let alone all the organisms on the planet clearly support an intelligent designer. It’s a belief that uses this really cool analogy and truthfully they refute all religious claims of saviors or prophets. They more or less believe the motions that created earth must have been created by something due to the complexity of earth. They say this, If you found a watch in the middle of a dense forest and I asked you how old it was. You may be able to narrow it down within a decade or so but if I told you it was a million years old you would call me crazy. Why? Because a human had to have created it due to the complexity of it. No animal or natural process could have done it by mere chance. Well the earth’s complexity is far greater than that which really makes you wonder what created us. What that designer is I have no clue, does that designer intervene? I have had no spiritual intervention? Does an intelligent designer exist? I think so.
    spinoza

Einstein liked him