+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Hey guys, 19 and well you can guess the rest....

I would first like to say Iv been going over the forums for a while now and this is my first time posting and You all seem to be a nice bunch so I look forward to looking for a way forward in this bald hell lol

I started with a receeding hairline at 15 and now I am 19 and I am a norwood VII my friend has referred to my hair being the same as frank barone in 'everybody loves raymond' I also agree with him, It is a kind of hell I have being going through for the past few years

My head shape is not at all normal and infact It is almost egg-like in my opinion, my confidence and self-esteem has been totally drained

Im 19 as well man. Im prob a norwood 2 or 3 thou. How did you get to norwood VII so fast? It is miserable to be this young and dealing with this. Just feels like we can't fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Im 19 as well man. Im prob a norwood 2 or 3 thou. How did you get to norwood VII so fast? It is miserable to be this young and dealing with this. Just feels like we can't fit in.
    Hi John

Yeah it is terrible and I know exactly what you mean. I will look back on my teen years as being a terrible time in my life rather than the opposite like most people.

As for your question, I do not know how I got to that level of Norwood so fast It baffles me, I would like to maybe visit a doctor but I have no medical card and in Ireland It will cost me between 50-70euro to just speak with a doctor

Did you use any medications like propecia or rogaine? Rogaine helped me alot and propecia has some what stopped my hair from falling out.

Did you use any medications like propecia or rogaine? Rogaine helped me alot and propecia has some what stopped my hair from falling out.
    Iv never taken the plunge but maybe it is about time.

Maybe you could give me some info on rogaine I dont think I would try propecia because Iv heard too much and the negatives seem to outweigh the positives

Is rogaine expensive and does it actually help in re-growing the hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamieon View Post

Maybe you could give me some info on rogaine I dont think I would try propecia because Iv heard too much and the negatives seem to outweigh the positives

Bro I hate to break it to you and I am actually surprised you handle this pretty well.

Norwood 7 is untretable at the moment from what i know. Only transplants may help you.

As of right now there is only one doctor that may help you out. Most docs will reject you but this guy will not. However at this point we are still investigating if all of his claims are true.

All the propecia talk is false. I never had any problems and it really can slow your hairloss down but its up to you. As for the rogaine it helped thicken my hair alot. It works best for thinning hair. Most of our goals right now is to keep what hair we have left, so thats what im trying to do until histogen or something comes out. It is a painful wait thou!

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Bro I hate to break it to you and I am actually surprised you handle this pretty well.

Norwood 7 is untretable at the moment from what i know. Only transplants may help you.

As of right now there is only one doctor that may help you out. Most docs will reject you but this guy will not. However at this point we are still investigating if all of his claims are true.
    Trust me I am not handling this well

Yeah I understand why It may be untreatable its still at the stage that if you rub your head it feels like you have a buzz cut and can feel hairs all over but then I look in the mirror and know this is not the case

All the propecia talk is false. I never had any problems and it really can slow your hairloss down but its up to you. As for the rogaine it helped thicken my hair alot. It works best for thinning hair. Most of our goals right now is to keep what hair we have left, so thats what im trying to do until histogen or something comes out. It is a painful wait thou!
    yeah John I will look into it further thanks

As for Histogen is this a new breakthrough?

Trust me I am not handling this well

Yeah I understand why It may be untreatable its still at the stage that if you rub your head it feels like you have a buzz cut and can feel hairs all over but then I look in the mirror and know this is not the case
    post photos and people will give you the best advice here.

getting on fin is very serious choice that has to be well chosen buddy.

Let me ask you a couple of questions bro:

do you have hairy arms/body, acne, oily scalp, oily forehead and all that DHT stuff?