+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    tracy i can provide u clinical studies of just about everything in my regimen.
    You cannot provide adequate and appropriate safety information because it does not yet exist on some of the components of your regimen. Even if you actually could, you cannot provide safety information on how each component of your regimen interacts with each other component. You are playing the fool for too little benefit. This is about the risks some of you guys take. Some of you guys, yourself included, are being downright foolish and careless. Your perceived benefit is too insignificant to justify taking the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    This strikes me as a sexist remark. How can you, on the one hand, say it is ok to want a juvenile hairline if you are a transgender (which you are careful to say you 'understand'), and on the other hand say it's 'silly' and you 'don't get' why a heterosexual man would want a 'feminine' hairline. Some men do not want any signs of hairloss. They want *strong* hairlines to imply superior genetics or else they just like the way that hairline looks, simple as that. If you are so accepting then you should understand and not criticize it.
    Because once you get older (~40), you look kinda unnatural if you still have teen hair, kinda like you are wearing a wig or something. When you are young you don't realize this, as I tried to get mine back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I'm not criticizing. I just don't get it. There's a difference.

Men and women have different hair lines. That's nature. That's the way it is supposed to be. Men and women are supposed to be different. Men and women are supposed to look different. A feminine hair line does not make a man look genetically superior, it makes him look like a girl. If he is transgendered, I am O.K. with that. If not, I don't get it.
    Nearly all guys would love to keep their original hairlines. I prefer a mature hairline (which for me turned out to be the start of MPB). I actually look better with a windows peak, adds a slight looks of being older and wiser while not being just old, if you know what I mean.

However, men with their original hairlines dont look like girls. Maybe when theyre younger. Certain men have very feminine features. Im told OFTEN how jelous people are of my eye lashes, thats why i prefer my widows peak look.

There is no rule here, and you cant make a generalisation given the vast variables from person to person. Juvenile hairlines are not girly.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Because once you get older (~40), you look kinda unnatural if you still have teen hair, kinda like you are wearing a wig or something. When you are young you don't realize this, as I tried to get mine back as well.
    Not all guys. Peoples faces are so different. It can look odd, but i know some older guys in their 30s and 40s and 50s with juve hairlines and it doesnt look odd.

This is like saying 'men look better with spikey hair'.

Pointless discussion.

I guess it's a matter of opinion but a lot of grown men would look a bit awkward with juvenile hairlines to me. Some of it definitely is the degree of femininity in our facial features, which varies from person to person.
    In fact when my hairline "matured" around age 20 I was happy with it (obviously I wasn't thinning out at that time, my corners just backed off my forehead a bit). I felt like I finally looked like a young man instead of a teenage girl, as I have inherited somewhat feminine features.
    "Teenage girl" is an exaggeration but you know what Im saying.
    For another example, it worked well for Jude Law too--he was a more handsome guy at 30 than in his teens or early 20s because he no longer looked like a chick.
    Of course then his MPB got too far and he was screwed. Dude should have gone on finasteride if you ask me.

But in the end the location of your "ideal hairline" is up to you. It doesn't matter what others think if you can look in the mirror and feel happy with yourself.

Edit: for an example on the other side, I would say Bill Clinton's juvenile hairline suited him just fine.

I'm okay with where my hairline is right now. It looks a bit more than "matured" but faded. That's the problem for me, I want thicker hair, I want my hairline strengthened. I don't care about lowering it. When I look in the mirror, I like where it is placed, at the very top of my forehead. I just don't like how it looks, and how it's so thin. I would like my overall top to become thicker. That would solve my problem, only an HT can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    This is such nonsense, and only exists in the HT community. I know a lot of old men that are literally NW1 / youthful hairline as adults and old men, and they look totally normal.

Please find me an old person with a teen hairline, then demonstrate that he looks weird and odd.
    Well I have seen it in older actors say 50 and upwards who just looked like they had way too much hair for their age. It's hard to describe, but it just doesn't look right because you hardly ever see it.

One of my friends was actually turned off by men who had no hair loss. She basically said that she wouldn't date a man that had zero hair loss by his late 30's/early 40's because it was not normal and things were probably not working properly down below. MPB was all over her family so maybe why she felt that way.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Nearly all guys would love to keep their original hairlines. I prefer a mature hairline (which for me turned out to be the start of MPB). I actually look better with a windows peak, adds a slight looks of being older and wiser while not being just old, if you know what I mean.

However, men with their original hairlines dont look like girls. Maybe when theyre younger. Certain men have very feminine features. Im told OFTEN how jelous people are of my eye lashes, thats why i prefer my widows peak look.

There is no rule here, and you cant make a generalisation given the vast variables from person to person. Juvenile hairlines are not girly.
    i look years younger now that my hairline is a nw 1.5 then nw+2. my facial features might be considered feminine, tan, very long eye lashes, high cheek bones! so having a low hairline suits me very well.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

there's nothing feminine about a normal juvenile hairline....or are most african, latin men et cet. feminine?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    there's nothing feminine about a normal juvenile hairline...
    Yes there is. It's a very feminine feature. Though it is different for other races in varying degrees, for caucasions, males and females have very different hair lines. Females normally retain their juvenile hair line while males normally do not. Males normally loose their temple hair and develop a masculine hair line. Females normally do not. This is one of those natural and normal physical traits that differ between males and females like bigger hands, bigger feet, broader shoulders, deeper voice, bigger muscles and so on. Though there are exceptions, those exceptions are few and far between.

This is why ethical hair restoration surgeons will not perform surgery to restore a juvenile hair line for a male, unless he is transgendered. This is why ethical hair restoration doctors generally will not prescribe medications for a male who simply wants to try to restore his juvenile hair line. The risk of using the medication outweighs the perceived benefit, unless he is transgendered.

As I have mentioned before, I have a very dear friend who used to be a guy. Knowing this person gives me a very unique insight to this. Though she had her bottom surgery many years ago, she never had her hair line surgically corrected for her gender. She does talk about getting it corrected but she hasn't done it yet. So she still has a masculine hair line. The only time you can tell that she was ever a guy is when she pulls her hair back to reveal her masculine hair line. I have met some of her friends who also used to be guys. Most them have the same deal going on. Only a few of them have bothered to get their hair lines surgically corrected. Most of them just wear bangs to hide their masculine hair lines.