Much respect to Tracy C!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

I'm okay with where my hairline is right now. It looks a bit more than "matured" but faded. That's the problem for me, I want thicker hair, I want my hairline strengthened. I don't care about lowering it. When I look in the mirror, I like where it is placed, at the very top of my forehead. I just don't like how it looks, and how it's so thin. I would like my overall top to become thicker. That would solve my problem, only an HT can do that.

Comment

• mpb47
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
      This is such nonsense, and only exists in the HT community. I know a lot of old men that are literally NW1 / youthful hairline as adults and old men, and they look totally normal.

Please find me an old person with a teen hairline, then demonstrate that he looks weird and odd.
      Well I have seen it in older actors say 50 and upwards who just looked like they had way too much hair for their age. It's hard to describe, but it just doesn't look right because you hardly ever see it.

One of my friends was actually turned off by men who had no hair loss. She basically said that she wouldn't date a man that had zero hair loss by his late 30's/early 40's because it was not normal and things were probably not working properly down below. MPB was all over her family so maybe why she felt that way.

Comment

• lilpauly
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by neversaynever
        Nearly all guys would love to keep their original hairlines. I prefer a mature hairline (which for me turned out to be the start of MPB). I actually look better with a windows peak, adds a slight looks of being older and wiser while not being just old, if you know what I mean.

However, men with their original hairlines dont look like girls. Maybe when theyre younger. Certain men have very feminine features. Im told OFTEN how jelous people are of my eye lashes, thats why i prefer my widows peak look.

There is no rule here, and you cant make a generalisation given the vast variables from person to person. Juvenile hairlines are not girly.
        i look years younger now that my hairline is a nw 1.5 then nw+2. my facial features might be considered feminine, tan, very long eye lashes, high cheek bones! so having a low hairline suits me very well.

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
          • Apr 2012

there's nothing feminine about a normal juvenile hairline....or are most african, latin men et cet. feminine?

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin
            there's nothing feminine about a normal juvenile hairline...
            Yes there is. It's a very feminine feature. Though it is different for other races in varying degrees, for caucasions, males and females have very different hair lines. Females normally retain their juvenile hair line while males normally do not. Males normally loose their temple hair and develop a masculine hair line. Females normally do not. This is one of those natural and normal physical traits that differ between males and females like bigger hands, bigger feet, broader shoulders, deeper voice, bigger muscles and so on. Though there are exceptions, those exceptions are few and far between.

This is why ethical hair restoration surgeons will not perform surgery to restore a juvenile hair line for a male, unless he is transgendered. This is why ethical hair restoration doctors generally will not prescribe medications for a male who simply wants to try to restore his juvenile hair line. The risk of using the medication outweighs the perceived benefit, unless he is transgendered.

As I have mentioned before, I have a very dear friend who used to be a guy. Knowing this person gives me a very unique insight to this. Though she had her bottom surgery many years ago, she never had her hair line surgically corrected for her gender. She does talk about getting it corrected but she hasn't done it yet. So she still has a masculine hair line. The only time you can tell that she was ever a guy is when she pulls her hair back to reveal her masculine hair line. I have met some of her friends who also used to be guys. Most them have the same deal going on. Only a few of them have bothered to get their hair lines surgically corrected. Most of them just wear bangs to hide their masculine hair lines.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
              This is why ethical hair restoration surgeons will not perform surgery to restore a juvenile hair line for a male, unless he is transgendered. This is why ethical hair restoration doctors generally will not prescribe medications for a male who simply wants to try to restore his juvenile hair line. The risk of using the medication outweighs the perceived benefit, unless he is transgendered.
              They dont restore it due to a lack of donor hair, in case of future balding.

Comment

• lilpauly
                • Feb 2012

if any1 wants to restore a a juvenile hairline they should have a regimen like me.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Highlander
                  This is such nonsense, and only exists in the HT community. I know a lot of old men that are literally NW1 / youthful hairline as adults and old men, and they look totally normal.

Please find me an old person with a teen hairline, then demonstrate that he looks weird and odd.

Anyone who thinks a juvenile hairline looks odd, is a bit of an idiot tbh. With a receeded hairline, it looks like apart of your hair is missing.

These guys WONT be as photogenic (Aside from obama) if they were slick bald.

Comment

• lilpauly
                    • Feb 2012

judge napolitano has the best f'n hairline known to man

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by lilpauly
                      judge napolitano has the best f'n hairline known to man
                      this guys beats it:

age 67

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                        They dont restore it due to a lack of donor hair, in case of future balding.
                        That is not the main reason. The main reason is because it is not normal for an adult male to have a juvenile hair line. The risk of the surgery outweighs the perceived benefit. Now go away and don't ever read or respond to anything I write. Call into the show on Tuesday's at 8:00pm eastern time.

Originally posted by lilpauly
                        if any1 wants to restore a a juvenile hairline they should have a regimen like me.
                        And they will eventually become a gelding - just like you will be.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                          • Sep 2010

Anyone who thinks a juvenile hairline looks odd, is a bit of an idiot tbh.
                          Its down to opinion. It looks kind of odd on a lot of grown men who retain it IMO, especially beyond a certain age, and many others feel the same way--probably because most men don't keep it beyond their early to mid 20s (including those who don't have MPB until much later, if ever).
                          I'm not saying it always looks awkward, just that it often does, especially on white guys.
                          Obama actually doesn't have his juvenile hairline; it has risen and squared off compared to when he was a child/teen.
                          With Reagan it's harder to make a comparison since I see very few childhood pictures of his, and in the ones I've seen his hairstyle kind of conceals the corners. However it's very possible, going by those photos, that his juvenile hairline was more of a clean arch, with the corners having backed up a bit when he became an adult. (You can't tell so much in the pic you posted, but in many other pics of him, including when he was much younger, you can distinguish a bit more of a squarish shape to the hairline--especially on the right side--and a more noticeable peak in the middle.)

Bottom line is that none of us have to justify our personal ideal hairlines to each other. We want to feel good about ourselves, not impress random dudes on BTT.
                          For what it's worth I'd gladly take my baby hairline if it meant also getting rid of the diffuse thinning I developed as an adult.

Edit: I might be wrong about which side of Reagan's hairline was further back. The way his hair was combed made a noticeable difference in how his hairline appeared from pic to pic.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by 2020
                            this guys beats it:

age 67
                            2020's research pays off: the missing link has been discovered!

Comment

• lilpauly
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                              That is not the main reason. The main reason is because it is not normal for an adult male to have a juvenile hair line. The risk of the surgery outweighs the perceived benefit. Now go away and don't ever read or respond to anything I write. Call into the show on Tuesday's at 8:00pm eastern time.

And they will eventually become a gelding - just like you will be.
                              i'm not going to grow tits or a vagina taking cb, asc j9, rum, and dut!

Comment

• mpb47
                                • Apr 2012

Anyone who thinks a juvenile hairline looks odd, is a bit of an idiot tbh. With a receeded hairline, it looks like apart of your hair is missing.

These guys WONT be as photogenic (Aside from obama) if they were slick bald.
                                Well if that is what you consider a juvenile hairline, then maybe I can agree with you. I don't consider obama to have a juvenile hairline by any means. Heck I just saw a picture of my grandfather (dads side) for the first time since i was probably 7=8 years old and never realized how much hair he had. At 55-60 he had a lot more than Obama does now. Regan comes very close but not quite to what I am talking about. I will see if I can find a pic but have you ever seen a girl with her hair pulled back. Often, but not always, their hairlines are very round/circular. To me that says girl. A square full head of hair is ok, I mean the round circle pattern looks weird on an older guy.

With that said I know some guys now want to be feminine and if that's your thing, nothing wrong with that...

Comment

Working...