X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilpauly
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
    lilpauly,

My name is Tracy not Stacy and what you have said is largely not true. I do think it is silly for a male who is not transgendered to risk side effects because they want to restore a juvenile/feminine hair line. If any of you guys are transgendered, I am O.K. with that. I have a very dear friend who used to be a guy. So I can understand why you would want to do that. Otherwise, I just don't get it.

To say that I think the unproven grey market treatments are a scam is not very accurate. My concern is about the side effects that you guys do not yet know about. They are going to be there and they might be a lot worse than you guys expect them to be. The safety of these questionable treatments has not been appropriately established. The risk you are taking is a foolish risk. You cannot say that they are safe because you do not know if they are safe.
    tracy i will be a nw1 this is my mission and i will complete it!

Comment

• Maradona
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by lilpauly

Tracy just going by the books, nothing wrong with that. She is trying to protect us from all that stuff we put in our bald heads.

Although these things haven't gone through clinical trials, we know from experience people have been using it for years and are safe.

I think it's a risk we take but small and worth it.

Comment

• neversaynever
        • Dec 2011

lilpauly,

My name is Tracy not Stacy and what you have said is largely not true. I do think it is silly for a male who is not transgendered to risk side effects because they want to restore a juvenile/feminine hair line. If any of you guys are transgendered, I am O.K. with that. I have a very dear friend who used to be a guy. So I can understand why you would want to do that. Otherwise, I just don't get it.

To say that I think the unproven grey market treatments are a scam is not very accurate. My concern is about the side effects that you guys do not yet know about. They are going to be there and they might be a lot worse than you guys expect them to be. The safety of these questionable treatments has not been appropriately established. The risk you are taking is a foolish risk. You cannot say that they are safe because you do not know if they are safe.
        A calculated risk. Just like fin is a calculated risk. Some people are taking too big a risk, but as long as they know that, fine.

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
          • Apr 2012

you should get on oral equol though instead of topical

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

The only thing that can turn a NW7 into nw1 is saw palmetto clinical studies have proved this.

Comment

• Conpecia
              • Sep 2011

I do think it is silly for a male who is not transgendered to risk side effects because they want to restore a juvenile/feminine hair line. If any of you guys are transgendered, I am O.K. with that. I have a very dear friend who used to be a guy. So I can understand why you would want to do that. Otherwise, I just don't get it.
              This strikes me as a sexist remark. How can you, on the one hand, say it is ok to want a juvenile hairline if you are a transgender (which you are careful to say you 'understand'), and on the other hand say it's 'silly' and you 'don't get' why a heterosexual man would want a 'feminine' hairline. Some men do not want any signs of hairloss. They want *strong* hairlines to imply superior genetics or else they just like the way that hairline looks, simple as that. If you are so accepting then you should understand and not criticize it.

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
                If you are so accepting then you should understand and not criticize it.
                I'm not criticizing. I just don't get it. There's a difference.

Men and women have different hair lines. That's nature. That's the way it is supposed to be. Men and women are supposed to be different. Men and women are supposed to look different. A feminine hair line does not make a man look genetically superior, it makes him look like a girl. If he is transgendered, I am O.K. with that. If not, I don't get it.

Comment

• lilpauly
                  • Feb 2012

This strikes me as a sexist remark. How can you, on the one hand, say it is ok to want a juvenile hairline if you are a transgender (which you are careful to say you 'understand'), and on the other hand say it's 'silly' and you 'don't get' why a heterosexual man would want a 'feminine' hairline. Some men do not want any signs of hairloss. They want *strong* hairlines to imply superior genetics or else they just like the way that hairline looks, simple as that. If you are so accepting then you should understand and not criticize it.
                  exactly. what is wrong with trying to restore a hairline ?

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

exactly. what is wrong with trying to restore a hairline ?
                    Nothing if you are transgendered. Otherwise the risk you are taking heavily outweighs your perceived benefit. You are out of your mind and you do not know what are talking about. You do not know what you are doing and you clearly do not have a healthy respect for the risk you are taking. There is absolutely no no way most women I know would date a guy like you - and your hair has nothing to do with it. It's your careless attitude. How is a women to know what parts of her life that level of carelessness would carry into? She doesn't know, so a smart woman would stay away from you.

Comment

• lilpauly
                      • Feb 2012

Nothing if you are transgendered. Otherwise the risk you are taking heavily outweighs your perceived benefit. You are out of your mind and you do not know what are talking about. You do not know what you are doing and you clearly do not have a healthy respect for the risk you are taking. There is absolutely no no way most women I know would date a guy like you - and your hair has nothing to do with it. It's your careless attitude.
                      tracy i can provide u clinical studies of just about everything in my regimen. in fact cb and asc will have a acne cream on the market in the coming years. what in my regimen is unsafe? what it my regimen would make me transgendered?

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

tracy i can provide u clinical studies of just about everything in my regimen.
                        You cannot provide adequate and appropriate safety information because it does not yet exist on some of the components of your regimen. Even if you actually could, you cannot provide safety information on how each component of your regimen interacts with each other component. You are playing the fool for too little benefit. This is about the risks some of you guys take. Some of you guys, yourself included, are being downright foolish and careless. Your perceived benefit is too insignificant to justify taking the risk.

Comment

• mpb47
                          • Apr 2012

Because once you get older (~40), you look kinda unnatural if you still have teen hair, kinda like you are wearing a wig or something. When you are young you don't realize this, as I tried to get mine back as well.

Comment

• neversaynever
                            • Dec 2011

I'm not criticizing. I just don't get it. There's a difference.

Men and women have different hair lines. That's nature. That's the way it is supposed to be. Men and women are supposed to be different. Men and women are supposed to look different. A feminine hair line does not make a man look genetically superior, it makes him look like a girl. If he is transgendered, I am O.K. with that. If not, I don't get it.
                            Nearly all guys would love to keep their original hairlines. I prefer a mature hairline (which for me turned out to be the start of MPB). I actually look better with a windows peak, adds a slight looks of being older and wiser while not being just old, if you know what I mean.

However, men with their original hairlines dont look like girls. Maybe when theyre younger. Certain men have very feminine features. Im told OFTEN how jelous people are of my eye lashes, thats why i prefer my widows peak look.

There is no rule here, and you cant make a generalisation given the vast variables from person to person. Juvenile hairlines are not girly.

Comment

• neversaynever
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by mpb47
                              Because once you get older (~40), you look kinda unnatural if you still have teen hair, kinda like you are wearing a wig or something. When you are young you don't realize this, as I tried to get mine back as well.
                              Not all guys. Peoples faces are so different. It can look odd, but i know some older guys in their 30s and 40s and 50s with juve hairlines and it doesnt look odd.

This is like saying 'men look better with spikey hair'.

Pointless discussion.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                                • Sep 2010

I guess it's a matter of opinion but a lot of grown men would look a bit awkward with juvenile hairlines to me. Some of it definitely is the degree of femininity in our facial features, which varies from person to person.
                                In fact when my hairline "matured" around age 20 I was happy with it (obviously I wasn't thinning out at that time, my corners just backed off my forehead a bit). I felt like I finally looked like a young man instead of a teenage girl, as I have inherited somewhat feminine features.
                                "Teenage girl" is an exaggeration but you know what Im saying.
                                For another example, it worked well for Jude Law too--he was a more handsome guy at 30 than in his teens or early 20s because he no longer looked like a chick.
                                Of course then his MPB got too far and he was screwed. Dude should have gone on finasteride if you ask me.

But in the end the location of your "ideal hairline" is up to you. It doesn't matter what others think if you can look in the mirror and feel happy with yourself.

Edit: for an example on the other side, I would say Bill Clinton's juvenile hairline suited him just fine.

Comment

Working...