Much respect to Tracy C! - Page 7 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81
  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    israel
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Well if that is what you consider a juvenile hairline, then maybe I can agree with you. I don't consider obama to have a juvenile hairline by any means. Heck I just saw a picture of my grandfather (dads side) for the first time since i was probably 7=8 years old and never realized how much hair he had. At 55-60 he had a lot more than Obama does now. Regan comes very close but not quite to what I am talking about. I will see if I can find a pic but have you ever seen a girl with her hair pulled back. Often, but not always, their hairlines are very round/circular. To me that says girl. A square full head of hair is ok, I mean the round circle pattern looks weird on an older guy.

    With that said I know some guys now want to be feminine and if that's your thing, nothing wrong with that...
    i picked my screen name lilpauly because i sorta look like a pauly d. i think feminine is not the right word that describe any1 who wants a nw1. i dont think any1 would consider pauly d to be feminine.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    i think feminine is not the right word that describe any1 who wants a nw1.
    A Norwood 1 is not a juvenile hair line. A Norwood 1 is not a feminine hair line. Learn the patterns if you want to talk about them.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    I just tried to find examples and the NW charts are conflicting themselves. This is not helpful. Some say a Norwood 1 is a juvenile hairline and a Norwood 2 is a mature hair line. But I know a juvenile hair line does not look like a Norwood 1... I'm just going to bed.

  4. #64
    Senior Member mpb47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I just tried to find examples and the NW charts are conflicting themselves. This is not helpful. Some say a Norwood 1 is a juvenile hairline and a Norwood 2 is a mature hair line. But I know a juvenile hair line does not look like a Norwood 1... I'm just going to bed.
    See if you can find a round hairline, then maybe they will understand....nite

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    i picked my screen name lilpauly because i sorta look like a pauly d. i think feminine is not the right word that describe any1 who wants a nw1. i dont think any1 would consider pauly d to be feminine.
    Wow you do kind of look like that guy.

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    What's with this forum's obsession of completely straight hairlines? It's just a genetic peculiarity some people have, similar to an outie belly button. Many females have a curved hairline pattern that a lot of people here would probably classify as a Norwood 2. The Norwood scale in itself is rather arbitrary to begin with. I know many people here suffer from anxiety and depression which in turn facilitates black and white thinking, but a great portion of the things that get discussed here have no real attachment to reality.

  7. #67
    Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    224

    Default

    the problem I think is that what you call a juvenile hairline is the original hairline

    MPB is the genetic mutation

    receding hairline is the genetic mutation

    calling a non-receded hairline abnormal just because most men lose hair before the age of 50 doesn't sit right with me

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    See if you can find a round hairline, then maybe they will understand....nite
    I think I am giving up on this. It is all around us and I don't understand why so many can't or won't see it. Arguing over it is just taking time away from those who actually do need help so I'm throwing in the towel on this. Lilpauly's hair line as seen in his avatar looks better than normal for a guy. The risks he is taking to "improve" something that doesn't need improvement is foolish - and I hope others have the intelligence to see that.



    Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    calling a non-receded hairline abnormal just because most men lose hair before the age of 50 doesn't sit right with me
    I am sorry that you feel that way about it but it is what it is. It is not normal for a male to retain a juvenile hair line. That is a female trait. Not a male trait. Call in during the show on Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern time - or just talk to a qualified hair restoration doctor about it.

  9. #69
    Senior Member mpb47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I think I am giving up on this. It is all around us and I don't understand why so many can't or won't see it. Arguing over it is just taking time away from those who actually do need help so I'm throwing in the towel on this. Lilpauly's hair line as seen in his avatar looks better than normal for a guy. The risks he is taking to "improve" something that doesn't need improvement is foolish - and I hope others have the intelligence to see that.
    Well when I was younger I was the same way so I understand where they are coming from. When I first got on the net I was greeted by several older guys that basically said recession is not that big of a deal, just wait till it starts in the back-then you will have something to worry about.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Well when I was younger I was the same way so I understand where they are coming from. When I first got on the net I was greeted by several older guys that basically said recession is not that big of a deal, just wait till it starts in the back-then you will have something to worry about.
    The fact that it MAY start at the back, is worrying in itself.

    A guy with their original hairline, is much more likely not to suffer that same fate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Two consultations, two opposing opinions?
07-03-2022 10:55 AM
by JFR
Last Post By JFR
Today 02:40 AM
1600 FUE results, short hair, interview, Dr. Lindsey
02-16-2022 04:59 AM
Last Post By joana
Yesterday 07:31 PM
Celebrity Hairline Disasters - How To Avoid the Kyle Christie Effect
02-16-2018 02:47 PM
Last Post By cpahar90
Yesterday 04:06 AM
Question on number of grafts
Yesterday 02:30 AM
Last Post By Omorac1981
Yesterday 04:02 AM
11.06.20 Koray Erdogan 5000 Greft Results
04-18-2022 08:41 AM
by 110620
Last Post By totoking
07-05-2022 11:01 PM