To the naysayers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirby_
    • Jan 2012

I knew loads of people who were at least NW4 or getting there by age 20/21, all ex-classmates from secondary school I'd see out and about during summer holidays from university. Surprised how many of my contemporaries went so bald so quickly relatively after leaving school (at 16). Was a depressing sight.

(This, incidentally, why until late last year I honestly thought I was 'in the clear' for baldness for quite a while longer! Not having known much about MPB, I falsely assumed that as I wasn't bald by 22, at 29 I'd have at least a decade before I needed to worry about it! )

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Kirby_
      I knew loads of people who were at least NW4 or getting there by age 20/21, all ex-classmates from secondary school I'd see out and about during summer holidays from university. Surprised how many of my contemporaries went so bald so quickly relatively after leaving school (at 16). Was a depressing sight.

(This, incidentally, why until late last year I honestly thought I was 'in the clear' for baldness for quite a while longer! Not having known much about MPB, I falsely assumed that as I wasn't bald by 22, at 29 I'd have at least a decade before I needed to worry about it! )
      You will find that those who bald that young , by that hit NW2/or diffuse thin at 18, are likely to be NW7s by 25/26

Wayne rooney is a good example. He was receeding at 18 when he was playing for everton.

Comment

• WashedOut
        • Dec 2011

Has anyone noticed that the negativity trolls are less active on these forums now that there are some good signs for the future? Seems like only 6 months ago many thought there would be no new treatments for 10+ years and hair multiplication was fake.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
          The typical guy also tends not to pay much attention to other people's hair loss until he starts losing hair himself, and then suddenly he's scrutinizing everybody he sees. In those circumstances it's easy to overlook that you probably knew a lot of people who started losing hair when they were young and just didn't notice it.
          Of all the mental changes this is by far the strangest for me.

I simply never cared one way or the other, nor did I look at peoples hair with the eye of spotting the early signs.

I know see it deadly obviously in both my male cousins on my moms side. One is hard Norwood 2 - the M is very pronounced but the rest of his hair is pretty thick. He's 19.

The other is a 2-3 but he styles it forward so it covers up the receding hair line, the back of his head is starting to thin also. I noticed that today at a party.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by WashedOut
            Has anyone noticed that the negativity trolls are less active on these forums now that there are some good signs for the future? Seems like only 6 months ago many thought there would be no new treatments for 10+ years and hair multiplication was fake.
            Depression breeds negativity.

Comment

• Dirty Hairy
              • Jun 2012

[QUOTE=ccmethinning;71362]Very true. Before I used to pay very little attention. Now I checkout the hairline of every single guy I see.[/QUOTE

Same here. My girlfriend even notices it more on guys since I've started bringing it up. Funny how when something visible about yourself, that you worry about, you notice more and look for on others.

Comment

Working...