+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FGF5 inhibition

Default FGF5 inhibition

http://advangen.com.au/

Hey guys would someone in Australia please check this one out; this biotech company called Cellmid claim that inhibiting FGF5 in the scalp can indefinitely extend the growth phase of hair. What if we could get a topical that inhibited DHT, PGD2 and FGF5??

http://www.cellmid.com.au/SiteMedia/...n%20Period.pdf

Here's a Japanese study they're basing their claims on.

I believe it's the exact same thing as Evolis, which has been approved by the TGA (Australian equivalent of the FDA for drugs/medical claims). I'm planning on trying it out some time soon. I'm not sure why FGF5 has gotten no attention from anyone but this company, though, if it's such a big deal.

maybe if you had a few posts i would try it.

Two first time posters in a row, too. Is this substance present in pure anaconda oil, by any chance? Perhaps cobra? If not, then definitely one of the constrictors.

Yea, Anaconda oil would be best. Thanks mates!

...Okay, let's put aside for a moment the idiotic fallacy of completely discarding a product solely on the basis of how active someone posting about it has been on this particular forum. (Never mind that the poster registered over a year ago, and posting isn't a requirement to be here. Personally, I've only lurked to get the information I need, as I don't have much to add to most conversations.) I mean, I can see that's the sort of ad hominem argument you're going for here, but it doesn't even make sense, because nobody here is even advocating the product (which is only available in a couple of countries). So why would "suspicious" accounts matter in the slightest?

All I did was repeat information I got from another hair loss forum, because I'm also curious, and figured that it would be as good to collect as much information as possible so that someone who knows what they're talking about can comment on it.

However, as I said in the first place, I am also somewhat sceptical because I haven't heard of FGF5 from anywhere else, and for some reason, no other companies seem to be focusing on it. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to try something I can easily access, particularly given that it had to go through trials to prove its efficacy to get TGA approval. This also makes it worth questioning and discussing, as far as I'm concerned.

Can someone who isn't going to be an asshole, and who is willing to actually read the studies on those sites, give their thoughts?

Dude, you took the words out of my mouth!

It does look like a long shot but the principles of scientific inquiry would demand keeping an open minded skepticism.

Thanks for saving me the 20 minutes it would have taken to compose a fitting reply to those charming gentlemen!

These products are extremely expensive and possibly overpriced but artificially inflating prices are what Australians do best.

Has this been proven to work at all on human beings or just receive a tga approval based on its safety, there are plenty of things that work on mice that do not on humans. I have little confidence in the TGA considering leimo is still able to market their led flashlight as a valid method of hair regrowth.

It looks like there's at least one human study as well. Which I would hope is necessary for approval... They can't claim that it's proven to prevent hair loss if they haven't done so. I can't find all the details, though.

The overpricing is just to be expected in Australia, so I don't find it that surprising. Rogaine is really expensive as well, but that's been around for years and has generic versions.