Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trent A
    • Dec 2013

I have been using Evolis & am seeing results

I have been using the evolis spray myself for around 2 months now and I am seeing results. I was consciousthat it could have been a placebo experience initially however I have had others comment without me mentioning that I had started any treatment. My balding areas are a lot more inconspicuous and I can feel the difference in volume too when I touch my hair.

On the test results front I did come across this article though a google search:

Therapeutic Goods Administration over-the-counter approval
    scientifically validated clinical tests behind it.
    it had produced some exceptional results for cancer patients after chemotherapy and for men and women with thinning hair.
    The theory behind the product is that it cancels the action of the FGF-5 inhibitor, allowing hair to remain in place longer and promoting new growth.
    Tests showed a 21 per cent increase in the hair growth rate over four months and a 35 per cent reduction in shed hairs compared to groups treated with a placebo

Comment

• Jazz1
      Inactive
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Trent A
      I have been using the evolis spray myself for around 2 months now and I am seeing results. I was consciousthat it could have been a placebo experience initially however I have had others comment without me mentioning that I had started any treatment. My balding areas are a lot more inconspicuous and I can feel the difference in volume too when I touch my hair.

On the test results front I did come across this article though a google search:

Therapeutic Goods Administration over-the-counter approval
      scientifically validated clinical tests behind it.
      it had produced some exceptional results for cancer patients after chemotherapy and for men and women with thinning hair.
      The theory behind the product is that it cancels the action of the FGF-5 inhibitor, allowing hair to remain in place longer and promoting new growth.
      Tests showed a 21 per cent increase in the hair growth rate over four months and a 35 per cent reduction in shed hairs compared to groups treated with a placebo

SHILL, stop trying rob hairloss people.

Comment

• Desmond84
        • Oct 2012

Hey guys,

I'm an Australian pharmacist and wanted to just let you know that the TGA does not require proof of efficacy for herbal extracts. Hence, such claims by thus company should be taken with a pinch of salt

Comment

• jay woo
          • Apr 2013

The two products discussed appear to be the same products form the same company sold under different names. I think the link sums it up clearly, scroll to the bottom for the findings. http://www.tgacrp.com.au/index.cfm?p...mplaintID=2165 .

The Herald Sun is the home of quality journalism in Australia. "Chief executive Maria Halasz said it would be too much to expect evolis to grow hair on a chrome dome but it had produced some exceptional results for cancer patients after chemotherapy and for men and women with thinning hair." Most chemotherapy patients regrow the hair they lost to chemotherapy after stopping chemotherapy. I like the opening line "it would be to much to expect hair to grow on a chrome dome", so do not apply unless you have hair.

Comment

Working...