+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FGF5 inhibition

I wouldn't mind seeing some clinical trial results on this "evolis" thing. I can't find much on it online which is curious. Why wouldn't balding australians be going nuts over it if it works?

When I see something this expensive and not being talked about it just gives me a red flag, I need more info on it.

I'm from Australia and haven't heard zip from this company and its quite disappointing that I am learning about this now and by someone online.

"It looks like there's at least one human study as well. Which I would hope is necessary for approval... They can't claim that it's proven to prevent hair loss if they haven't done so."

Honestly I've been around for a number of years and have seen a lot and the more I see the bitter one gets, you would think that such claims are impossible but it is done all the time and if you want any sort of example of that just open up one of these threads this the website of said product and find yourself more absurd claims, in Australia alone we have advanced hair commercials claiming to have completely defeated hairloss... yet we are all still here dwindling away our time on these forums, I guess the TGA and other governing bodies weren't aware of such commercials being cast live on tv all the time or leimo and their amazing led flashlight.

This won't help at all for MPB.

- flash, glib advertising
    - contains 'herbal extracts'
    - claims like "helps prevent hair loss and assists in maintaining healthy hair"
    - nobody's ever heard of it before

Take with several grains of salt.

I note in the FAQ they say:

"Advangen’s products do not affect the growth of vellus hair"

In other words, no good for MPB. Save your money, baldies.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing some clinical trial results on this "evolis" thing. I can't find much on it online which is curious. Why wouldn't balding australians be going nuts over it if it works?
    Because nobody has heard of it. You can't buy it anywhere except the website yet, and they've done nothing to market it.

And I doubt the results are especially amazing. It's clearly not a substitute for finasteride or other DHT inhibitors. But extending the anagen phase would be a good thing, and the studies seem to indicate that it does do this - there's certainly clear evidence that some of the ingredients they use do what they claim, though that's not the case for all of them. Not saying the criticisms being raised aren't valid, but has anyone looked at those studies?

I'm curious as to what other TGA-approved hair loss products there are, though, for the sake of comparison.

Default found the active on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ywords=MW5734c

Could this be made into a topical?
    Last edited by Rogerrabbit; 08-01-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: I'd better try it out before creating irrational hope in any others

Thumbs up I have been using Evolis & am seeing results

I have been using the evolis spray myself for around 2 months now and I am seeing results. I was consciousthat it could have been a placebo experience initially however I have had others comment without me mentioning that I had started any treatment. My balding areas are a lot more inconspicuous and I can feel the difference in volume too when I touch my hair.

On the test results front I did come across this article though a google search:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business...-1226490971427

Therapeutic Goods Administration over-the-counter approval
    scientifically validated clinical tests behind it.
    it had produced some exceptional results for cancer patients after chemotherapy and for men and women with thinning hair.
    The theory behind the product is that it cancels the action of the FGF-5 inhibitor, allowing hair to remain in place longer and promoting new growth.
    Tests showed a 21 per cent increase in the hair growth rate over four months and a 35 per cent reduction in shed hairs compared to groups treated with a placebo

Quote Originally Posted by Trent A View Post
    I have been using the evolis spray myself for around 2 months now and I am seeing results. I was consciousthat it could have been a placebo experience initially however I have had others comment without me mentioning that I had started any treatment. My balding areas are a lot more inconspicuous and I can feel the difference in volume too when I touch my hair.

On the test results front I did come across this article though a google search:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business...-1226490971427

Therapeutic Goods Administration over-the-counter approval
    scientifically validated clinical tests behind it.
    it had produced some exceptional results for cancer patients after chemotherapy and for men and women with thinning hair.
    The theory behind the product is that it cancels the action of the FGF-5 inhibitor, allowing hair to remain in place longer and promoting new growth.
    Tests showed a 21 per cent increase in the hair growth rate over four months and a 35 per cent reduction in shed hairs compared to groups treated with a placebo

SHILL, stop trying rob hairloss people.

Hey guys,

I'm an Australian pharmacist and wanted to just let you know that the TGA does not require proof of efficacy for herbal extracts. Hence, such claims by thus company should be taken with a pinch of salt

The two products discussed appear to be the same products form the same company sold under different names. I think the link sums it up clearly, scroll to the bottom for the findings. http://www.tgacrp.com.au/index.cfm?p...mplaintID=2165 .

The Herald Sun is the home of quality journalism in Australia. "Chief executive Maria Halasz said it would be too much to expect evolis to grow hair on a chrome dome but it had produced some exceptional results for cancer patients after chemotherapy and for men and women with thinning hair." Most chemotherapy patients regrow the hair they lost to chemotherapy after stopping chemotherapy. I like the opening line "it would be to much to expect hair to grow on a chrome dome", so do not apply unless you have hair.