+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default List of treatments and which one you think will actually work?

Just kind of wanted to gather all these future treatments in one thread. There seems to be around 5-10 quality products being researched right now but not all of them seem to be working. Which do you think will work and when do you think it will launch?

Histogen- Currently in Phase II, almost 1 year results coming in December I believe. 12 week results here: http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf
    Expected release- 2015-2017
    my POV: This one excites me the most, haven't seen side affects, seems like a great solution for moderate(or more) balding men, at the very least could put you up one Norwood. Doesn't sound super expensive either from what i've heard(hopefully).

Bitmopost(allergan)- Expected to clear phase II quickly, seems very similar to minoxidil maybe slightly more effect. Already cleared for eyebrow growth I believe.
    Expected Release- 2013
    my POV: Good alternative to Minoxidil, might be slightly more effective but don't think this will cure anything at all.

Replicel- in Phase II I believe, very dissapointing results recently, best responder had something like 15% increase in density, although this is only after 6 months.http://www.replicel.com/our-science/...science-works/
    Expected release- probably 2018-2020 if at all
    my POV: not a great solution so far, very mediocre early results, tells me this one will take along time if it's going to work at all.

Neogenic by L’Oréal- not in any phase, marketed as a cosmetic product. expected to "increase hair density"
    http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.co...e-hair-density
    Expected release- launching Sept. 2012.
    my POV: most likely a money grabber, could be worth a try but with no science/trials behind it it's hard to trust this kind of product.

OC000459- apparently lowers(or inhibits?) PGD2 levels. Theory that balding/bald men have much higher PGD2 levels than non-balding men. really don't know much on this one. Some kind of chemical.
    Expect release- well it's being made right now i believe?
    my POV: the theory sounds great, it's very possible that it could work, there just needs to be more tests with it!

Aderans- Currently in Phase II. cell-based hair reproduction. Sounds more like an upgrade to hair transplants out there(leaves no scar) takes hair from donor area and multiplies it.
    Expected release- 2014-2015
    my POV: could be a much better solution than current HT procedures, I don't believe it leaves a noticable scar so it would be even in that sense alone better than current HT's.

That's all i've gathered so far, if i missed any big ones let me know. I think Histogen and Aderans are the ones most likely to actually work/be released, not so convinced with the other ones! what's your opinion?

NEOSH101 --> no idea. Very few people tried it. Some people got excellent results, some didn't.

Thymosin B4 --> some clinic in switzerland is already using it with good results(apparently).

Equol ---> binds to DHT and deactivates it. Stops MPB permanently with no side effects. A much better alternative to fin/dut.

Yea I saw Equol, it seems out of the price range however compared to proscar/propecia. Still hoping to see some trials with it though, not entirely convinced although very intrigued.

I think the positive thing in all this is that there are numerous companies/researchers funding this kind of stuff. Just wondering, back in say 2000-2005, was there anything like Histogen or whatever that looked very positive but ended up not working?

I feel like a solution(at least a partial one) is coming before 2020 at the latest.

Isn't 2014 Histogen's best case scenario still or is that now out of the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by inkt2002 View Post
    Isn't 2014 Histogen's best case scenario still or is that now out of the picture?
    Dr Ziering said add 2 more years onto that and you're a little closer.

Quote Originally Posted by inkt2002 View Post
    I think that's only for europe/asia. I dont think the US was ever quoted with 2014. 2015 at the earliest. I personally expect 2016.

with the positive results right now and probably in december as well, i can see them getting more funding, Phase III should go by quick with not many problems next year(the excitement level would go up alot if it actually reaches phase III) and then if I understand it correctly they'd have to go through the FDA? probably starting 2014, meaning late 2015 at the earliest. That's if it all goes well so fingers crossed!

I'd say for the next 3-5 years the only solution is to be on propecia or similar products to hold over the hair you have until the next solution comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Dr Ziering said add 2 more years onto that and you're a little closer.
    no, he said PLUS OR MINUS 2 years on whatever date they're telling us

CB-03-01 is the major one missing from your list IMO. It's one of the very few being actively developed and the company is very enthusiastic about it. They've just secured two major deals to develop and market it too, including one with a Big Pharma company whose identity they still haven't revealed.

It should be a more potent anti-androgen than fin with negligible systemic sides due to the fact it is metabolised almost immediately when absorbed.

They are still in early stage trials for alopecia but more advanced for acne. Expected release date around 2016 for MPB. Probably come too late for many of us here now since it's mostly for maintaining hair rather than regrowing but it has the potential to consign fin to the scrapheap.

I've said many times here my main hopes were in HSC and CB, but that was before the PGD2 work was published so I'm not sure where they sit now. Since they are based on proven science whereas PGD2 is still very experimental, I guess they still are my main hopes.

Been thinking of going grey market and trying to get myself some CB from China but I'm hesitant because I don't know anyone from Australia who's done it before so I don't know whether it's legal to import. Last thing I want to do is spend a fortune on some CB then have customs impound it and charge my ass with importing illegal drugs. Much research required before I take the plunge...

Histogen and HST will be the only treatments that work.

Nice to see 10 companies already on this list, who knows how many other companies are working on something in house.

Personally histogen and OC are the ones I'm in favor of.