+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Why isn't Spencer one of Dr. Ziering's Histogen test subjects?

Or is he? In the interview Ziering stated only one test subject was from LA.

It's not like he's adverse to taking chances -- didn't he start minox and fin before they were approved to treat baldness?

It just seems like it'd be a great advantage for his show and us listeners, not to mention for his own benefit. Granted, it would lead to a slippery slope. He shouldn't just test everything out there. But Histogen sounds promising, especially for guys in his Norwood range. Who cares if he takes fin? He's been taking it long enough to the point where any improvement would surely be from the Histogen and not fin.

Also, I'm in LA too, and I'd love to be a test subject. Sign me up, Ziering!

because Spencer makes too much money by promoting hair transplant doctors... Histogen(if successful) would destroy that business

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by stilted View Post
    It's not like he's adverse to taking chances -- didn't he start minox and fin before they were approved to treat baldness?
    If he's taking finasteride, that would probably disqualify him from being a trial subject.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    If he's taking finasteride, that would probably disqualify him from being a trial subject.
    Yeah, but in the interview it didn't seem that Ziering was collecting any real "data" for Histogen; I don't think he's a part of their clinical trial, which is taking place in the Philippines. He states he's not taking any microscopic pics, etc., he's simply using the product and relaying subjective info back to them regarding the overall cosmetic improvements the drug may or may not induce. And as I stated before, given the length of time Spencer says he's been using fin, any improvements would have to be attributed to HSC and not fin...

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    because Spencer makes too much money by promoting hair transplant doctors... Histogen(if successful) would destroy that business
    This is a false belief.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    This is the true reason. Those participating in these studies are not allowed to be using any other treatment for hereditary hair loss. Doing so would corrupt the findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    This is a false belief.
    how so? Those doctors DO PAY large sums of money to be listed on his website

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Then why would he bother promoting interest by interviewing Dr. Ziering about Histogen in the first place?

What kind of sense does that make? If histogen works all of the hair transplant doctors are going to be the first to offer it. It’s also unlikely to make surgery obsolete and will only be something that improves these doctor’s businesses. I don't think Spencer has anything to worry about. Also he is the only one who is getting us all of this inside information about these treatments why would he be working so hard to make this information public if it was going to put him in jeopardy? It’s so naive to think that hair transplant doctors fear these treatments coming out, Dr. Zeiring himself is a hair transplant doctor, why would he be involved in these studies if he actually believed it would put him out of business? It’s so stupid to make comments like this! The more treatments that are made available and promoted by Spencer the better for everyone's bottom line, including ours.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    If histogen works all of the hair transplant doctors are going to be the first to offer it.
    I've always thought this too, if Histogen actually makes it to the market. It'd be an ideal new 'tool' for HT surgeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    I've always thought this too, if Histogen actually makes it to the market. It'd be an ideal new 'tool' for HT surgeons.
    I don't think there will be FUE/FUT doctors when Histogen comes out to market, just saying.