+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    Your hair characteristics would probably make for a good HT someday. In the meantime, check out Toppik, Dermatch, and other concealers. You have enough hair to get by using those products for the time being. You want to wait as long as possible before getting an HT. The concealers should at least get you out of the house without a hat.
    Hey thanks, for the advice, but i'm an idiot and I bought toppik about 2 days ago and didn't see it came in different colors. What color do you guys think I should get for optimum results. I bought Dark brown without knowing it came in colors, I should of imagined that it had to come in color. Anyways, I did not open the bottle yet, so I will be able to return it for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I use Aveeno "Pure Renewal" Sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for my regular washing. On the days that I use Nizoral A-D shampoo I use Aveeno "Nourish+ Moisturize" conditioner.

If your hair is short and you would prefer to use a 2-in-1 rather than a seperate shampoo and conditioner, Aveeno also offers a 2-in-1 version of "Pure Renewal".

Wow Tracy thanks, even though I did not get the same shampoo, first time I got off the shower using the nizoral and the sulfate free shampoo, my hair felt so much thicker and healthier. Does niziral only prevent hair, or is there a study that it might also regrow it?

Did you use both shampoos in one washing? If so, you don't need to do that. You only need to use Nizoral in place of your regular shampoo not in addition to. Also, don't use Nizoral A-D more than twice a week. You want to make sure that you do not over use Nizoral.

Though there have been a few studies posted on the web. There was only one credible study on Nizoral for the treatment of androgeneic alopecia (hereditary hair loss) in women. The results of the study showed that it was as effective for women as 2% Minoxidil. On it's own, Nizoral is not a "stand alone" treatment for hereditary hair loss. It is an adjunct to other treatments such as Minoxidil, Finasteride (for men) and Spironolactone (for women). Basically that means it helps these treatments work but it itself is not a treatment. It is often prescribed as part of a women's hair loss treatment regimen. Personally, I think that for women it might help hair grow back but for men it only helps prevent further loss. The key word there is "helps".