Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default another post about micropigment over strip scar

Im another hair transplant fool who did the deed and now I have a huge strip scar I have to live with. Did it when I was 23 I'm 29 now. After reading the permanent impotence stuff about finasteride I decided its time to get off it. I dont care if its 8% or less, if I couldnt bang and had to live with this scar I'd lose it haha.

I know I'm gonna lose my hair now I'm a stage 2 atm just receding no crown trouble yet. I shaved my head with a 3.75 guard whatever that translates too and u could see my scar for 2 weeks. And swimming forget it.. so lame. I wore a hat and hid cuz no one knows what I did.

To guys out there, especially young, dont ever do a strip transplant, ever! mutilating yourself for hair is the pure dumb I promise. Wish I woulda just shaved it thats all I wanna do now.

Anyway, I've been to the 3 major micropigment sites and I'm def getting my scar done and hoping for the best. I was hoping maybe guys who had there scar done would post some pics. I've seen all the ones on the sites of course, but I'm sure they are presenting their best work. Some really arent that good either. Was hoping I could maybe see some everyday dudes posting their own pics.

I thank anyone who might do this in advance.

If anyone has any other scar tricks I'd like to hear those too.

Also some of the fighting and bickering and shill calling Ive seen is so corny can that just not happen? idc who u do or dont work for if you have pics and insight thats all I care about

Any pics of your scar?

Quote Originally Posted by likeumaybe View Post
    Im another hair transplant fool who did the deed and now I have a huge strip scar I have to live with. Did it when I was 23 I'm 29 now. After reading the permanent impotence stuff about finasteride I decided its time to get off it. I dont care if its 8% or less, if I couldnt bang and had to live with this scar I'd lose it haha.

I know I'm gonna lose my hair now I'm a stage 2 atm just receding no crown trouble yet. I shaved my head with a 3.75 guard whatever that translates too and u could see my scar for 2 weeks. And swimming forget it.. so lame. I wore a hat and hid cuz no one knows what I did.

To guys out there, especially young, dont ever do a strip transplant, ever! mutilating yourself for hair is the pure dumb I promise. Wish I woulda just shaved it thats all I wanna do now.

Anyway, I've been to the 3 major micropigment sites and I'm def getting my scar done and hoping for the best. I was hoping maybe guys who had there scar done would post some pics. I've seen all the ones on the sites of course, but I'm sure they are presenting their best work. Some really arent that good either. Was hoping I could maybe see some everyday dudes posting their own pics.

I thank anyone who might do this in advance.

If anyone has any other scar tricks I'd like to hear those too.

Also some of the fighting and bickering and shill calling Ive seen is so corny can that just not happen? idc who u do or dont work for if you have pics and insight thats all I care about
    I think you should get Fraxel Scar Repair first. I'm considering the same thing - but also thinking I might try nanogen fibers first...

I think do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by likeumaybe View Post
    Doesn't this depend on who you go to? Did you go to one of the doctors who are generally well regarded on hair transplant forums, such as this one?

Interesting. Can you say who the surgeon was?

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Interesting. Can you say who the surgeon was?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Doesn't this depend on who you go to? Did you go to one of the doctors who are generally well regarded on hair transplant forums, such as this one?
    I saw an awesome doc. And I'm pretty sure I still have a shitty scar.

As a veteran / victim of bad choices... Your choices are FUE with Cole or Umar or Gho. Or an ugly scar for life.... Or until you conceal it with something like SMP.

Kiwi, this doesn't seem to mesh with my research. Some of the better surgeons appear to be able to perform FUT and leave patients happy with the visibility of the scar. If not, there is always the option to FUE into it.

Kiwi, this doesn't seem to mesh with my research. Some of the better surgeons appear to be able to perform FUT and leave patients happy with the visibility of the scar. If not, there is always the option to FUE into it.
    You should do more research.

"There's always the option to FUE into it"... well I've thought about that. And as a guy that has spent 15k + on 3000 or so grafts... I wish I'd just gone FUE and had no scar.

Now that I have a scar and can't afford another FUT transplant I don't want to spend more money putting FUE into my scar - I wish I'd just done FUE and put that to "good" use in my recipient area.

FUT is shit. If you want FUE goto Cole / Umar / Gho and don't waste your precious grafts by putting them into a freaking scar you could have gone without.

At the end of the day, I'm just trying to put on a brave face, I'm going to wait out this year and see what happens with Aderans and Histogen. Hopefully they will annouce something positive and then I'll just wait for them to goto market.

BUT if I was going to get a HT and had a virgin head like you. I'd be getting FUE from day 1.

You do FUT now... don't come crying back here because you've been totally told brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You should do more research.

"There's always the option to FUE into it"... well I've thought about that. And as a guy that has spent 15k + on 3000 or so grafts... I wish I'd just gone FUE and had no scar.

Now that I have a scar and can't afford another FUT transplant I don't want to spend more money putting FUE into my scar - I wish I'd just done FUE and put that to "good" use in my recipient area.

FUT is shit. If you want FUE goto Cole / Umar / Gho and don't waste your precious grafts by putting them into a freaking scar you could have gone without.

At the end of the day, I'm just trying to put on a brave face, I'm going to wait out this year and see what happens with Aderans and Histogen. Hopefully they will annouce something positive and then I'll just wait for them to goto market.

BUT if I was going to get a HT and had a virgin head like you. I'd be getting FUE from day 1.

You do FUT now... don't come crying back here because you've been totally told brother
    Gho is the best choice IMO.

Chrisis, if I were you, I would go to Gho, and then wait for HSC.

Histogen is making headwaves, and worst case with Gho (if you dont regenerate donor hair), you will have zero scarring. It is less invasive then FUE.

If you do regenerate your donor, then I reckon you can hold off taking propecia.

Actually one more thing. It also depends on how much money you - if you get 3000 grafts by any approved HT docs (no matter who they are), if you experience side effects with Fin, don't do it...

I can't use fin because I LOVE sex.

So. I wish the so called docs had actually taken into account when I said that I get side effects from fin. If you get side effects you should see a doc that takes that into account in a master plan.

Only a small percentage of my 3000 grafts grew. So now I'm stuck with a fcukng thin fringe that shapes my head but bugger all behind it. I wish I'd gone with a more sparing approach - perhaps widows peak or something that you can still style.

God knows. But if you have fin side effects... and can only afford around 3000 grafts you're screwed.

DONT DO FUT IF THIS IS YOU!!!!