another post about micropigment over strip scar - Page 4 - BaldTruthTalk.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    How many grafts you got left?

If Gho is proven right, maybe you can be cured broseph.
    No idea. I might get a consultation from him later in the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Use yer noggin mate. If you're not on Fin then you are going to keep loosing hair so eventually you'll be left with thin hair all over - and an FUT scar. Its just common sense and logic.

So in that sense use Gho. Or maybe Cole. Or wait until Histogen / Aderans annouce something positive and wait. Don't play your cards now - its too early and will cost you a lot of money.

I'm not on finasteride because of side effects. There's no way I'd ever go back to it.

As for Gho, I mentioned before I haven't seen anything impressive in terms of hairline, which is my number 1 priority. I really don't care if he can save 1000 grafts if I have seen no evidence that he is in the league of Dr Rahal and Dr Feller in terms of producing good hairlines. I seriously couldn't be any less interested. I haven't spent 6 months researching the best doctors, just to abandon all of that because of a new technique by a doctor that can't prove he can give me the result I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    What nw was your uncle or grandfather? I also had uncles who will die as nw3s and lion king with thick mane grandfathers, that don't mean anything brother.

But because your DHT is very low, you will most likely slowly go to your genetic make up which could nw7. Nobody knows.
    My maternal uncle and grandad (I think the maternal aspect is important) both just had NW3. I'm currently at NW2ish, and I'm heading to 30.

One important consideration I have is the slow rate of my balding. If I can buy almost 3000 grafts FUT now into the frontal area, I reckon it could get me 10 years or more.

If my scar is bad, I have options to treat that... but I'm going with one of the best doctors so hopefully it won't be.

If my balding increases, I can just go somewhere local and get FUE into any sparse areas. Also we're clearly quite optimistic about forthcoming treatments, so that encourages me as well.

Those are my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I'm not on finasteride because of side effects. There's no way I'd ever go back to it.

As for Gho, I mentioned before I haven't seen anything impressive in terms of hairline, which is my number 1 priority. I really don't care if he can save 1000 grafts if I have seen no evidence that he is in the league of Dr Rahal and Dr Feller in terms of producing good hairlines. I seriously couldn't be any less interested. I haven't spent 6 months researching the best doctors, just to abandon all of that because of a new technique by a doctor that can't prove he can give me the result I'm looking for.

My maternal uncle and grandad (I think the maternal aspect is important) both just had NW3. I'm currently at NW2ish, and I'm heading to 30.

One important consideration I have is the slow rate of my balding. If I can buy almost 3000 grafts FUT now into the frontal area, I reckon it could get me 10 years or more.

If my scar is bad, I have options to treat that... but I'm going with one of the best doctors so hopefully it won't be.

If my balding increases, I can just go somewhere local and get FUE into any sparse areas. Also we're clearly quite optimistic about forthcoming treatments, so that encourages me as well.

Those are my thoughts.
    Problem is, your hairloss may be slow now, but in the future may pick up.

And I think even though gho isn't ideal, it will still be an improvement to what you have now. You will have more hair at your hairline - all you will need to spend time doing is styling it.

I'm not sure if there is a correct answer for individual cases at this specific point in time.

Sure, maybe I will be proven right or wrong with regard to my personal strategy, but nobody can tell me for sure right now 1) how my hair loss will progress and 2) the availability and effectiveness of future treatments. These are both crucial to my decision. Personally I'm optimistic on both 1) and 2), which is why I'd lean towards getting myself a "world class" standard hairline, rather than going for a more conservative approach.

I'm not sure if there is a correct answer for individual cases at this specific point in time.

Sure, maybe I will be proven right or wrong with regard to my personal strategy, but nobody can tell me for sure right now 1) how my hair loss will progress and 2) the availability and effectiveness of future treatments. These are both crucial to my decision. Personally I'm optimistic on both 1) and 2), which is why I'd lean towards getting myself a "world class" standard hairline, rather than going for a more conservative approach.
    I guess you can get a rahal hairline then go to Gho afterwards for a top up.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I guess you can get a rahal hairline then go to Gho afterwards for a top up.
    Exactly! Fortune favours the bold... not the bald.

Exactly! Fortune favours the bold... not the bald.
    I actually thought of going down that route. World class FUE, then GHO GHO GHO.
    But it is risky given that I will be down 2000 donar hair on the fue alone

Personally I'm optimistic on both 1) and 2), which is why I'd lean towards getting myself a "world class" standard hairline, rather than going for a more conservative approach.
    I hear you on the hairline. I feel much the same about that because I'd rather have a great hairline and thin crown than even coverage all over and a weak hairline if future treatments don't pan out, donor remains limited and we can't maintain.

Ideally Histogen just saves our asses in 2016 and all we need is 2000 FUE, happy days, but that seems far too good to be true.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Oh and if you disagree with me and my anti IP and copyright law stance then you obviously don't mind that SkinMedica took Histogen to court and delayed their product release by at least 1 or 2 years...

Yeah thats right. Thats your ghey a55 USA copyright law fcuk'n you right here right now :P
    I dont disagree at all - SkinMedica were a hairs breadth from ****ing us all over.