+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    So I was watching the Spain v Portugal game tonight and noticed a couple guys whose hair I grew envious of.

Oliveira:

I think his hairline is way too low. I can understand envying people who aren't experiencing MPB but sometimes I think people just have too much hair. There's a happy medium, I think.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I think his hairline is way too low. I can understand envying people who aren't experiencing MPB but sometimes I think people just have too much hair. There's a happy medium, I think.
    True yeah. What about Veloso, Matt?

Here's another pic for a better look:

I'd ****ing LOVE that hairline.

Hey Chrisis, good topic. I'm always on here saying how today's options to treat hair loss are so limited and largely inferior. Those hairlines of those soccer players that you posted are unfortunately not achievable with today's limited options. That's why we really need such better options and it's really shameful that not only don't we have them, but there has just been such little progress in the field of hair regrowth. All I see are tons of people offering hair transplants, but simply moving hair from the back to the front can't give us even close to the hairlines of those soccer players that you posted. It's no wonder that like only 5% of hair loss sufferers opt to have these transplants in the first place. If there were options that could actually regrow hair (and not move it from one place to the other) and give us our old hair back, then rest assured that that 5% statistic would rise exponentially. Unfortunately, today our options are very limited and that really frustrates me more than anything.
    Follicular Death Row, you're totally right about it being socially acceptable to make fun of hair loss. That really pisses me off. So many diseases are taken seriously today, yet when people either talk or write about hair loss, they treat it with no respect whatsoever. Whenever I see articles written about hair loss, they've always got to show some idiotic photo of a bald guy scratching his head and use such b.s. and inane phrases like "depilated domes" and "shiny pates". Hell, that's why I get so pissed off when I see little loser shitbags like that George Costanza character or Larry David. I know that people think that they're funny (I certainly don't), but what they're really doing is helping to make it acceptable for society to make fun of baldness. And really believe that making fun of hair loss is just as disgusting as making fun of a person's race or ethnicity. Hell, in some ways, it can be even worse. Baldness, just like a person's race, is something that a person is born with, cannot control, and is "genetically programmed". And hell, most people are proud of their race and ethnicity, as they should be. So if some one insults them because of their race or ethnicity, they can retort back with something like: "Screw you, I'm (insert the ethnicity here) and proud of it!" However, no one that I know is proud to lose their hair so that's as aspect of baldness that really makes it even more sensitive than race/ethnicity.
    Anyway, in terms of your question Chrisis, I see people every day of whose hair I am envious. Guys at work, guys at the gym, random people walking down the street, etc. What's worse is that I know that oftentimes I am more attractive that them in every other facet of life except for their full head of hair, something that is so noticeable to others and integral to a person's appearance. I've lifted weights literally all my life so I know that I am more muscular than most people. I've just started up with my cardio routine again so I know that in short time I will have a thinner mid-section than most. Yet I know plenty of people who are short, fat, and uglier than me yet they have girlfriends and I don't. I truly believe that this is due to the fact that they still have their full heads of hair.

I think Veloso's hairline is too low too.

I decided to have a go at raising it in photoshop. It's been a while since I did anything like that.

I prefer it, but it's actually still lower than my ideal.

I think Veloso's hairline is too low too.

I decided to have a go at raising it in photoshop. It's been a while since I did anything like that.

I prefer it, but it's actually still lower than my ideal.

Wait a sec. Can you do that to mine?

Quote Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post
    I just realised something. If Larry David were a NW1 he'd look like Gere!
    Holy Cow, You are correct! Thats funny!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Wait a sec. Can you do that to mine?
    It's much, much easier to use photoshop to cover hair with skin than cover skin with hair. There's more texture to hair which can end up looking all wrong.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

don't know if I have any specific person...would just like a nice soothing NW1 hairline to frame my face...to just be..

normal

It's much, much easier to use photoshop to cover hair with skin than cover skin with hair. There's more texture to hair which can end up looking all wrong.
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post

I wouldn't want this! Too much hair! He looks like the missing link!