+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Whats the worst part of hairloss?

To me i hate that it adds years to my appearance nd just the embarrassment from it all.

that there are ZERO effective treatments... (fin don't count, that's just for maintenance)

The worst part? Not knowing when or how much will go or how fast.

I've been gradually losing it for probably close to 4-5 years...will it speed up or continue on this slow path?

And for everyone, its the feeling of unattractiveness.

Constantly worrying, when among friends, that they make make fun of you (especially when young). And, it's not even your fault.

Fewer girls. Hands down. A lot of them won't notice your hair but they will at least notice your drop in confidence.
    If all women disappeared from the earth, none of us would care about hair loss.

Worst part is worrying about it every single minute. I think I have a mental disorder now.. I need some serious help from a therapist or a psychologist as I keep looking at my hair in the mirror for about 10 times every hour.(no exaggeration this). I can't keep my hands off my hair and I keep arranging it to cover up.. and this I do when? even when I am alone in my room till the time I sleep at about 2 am. It's a horror story for me. And when I go out and the wind blows my combed over hair, my mind goes to dark places. sucks.

It sucks, it really sucks.

1. Thereīs no treatment thar reverses it. for real.

2. The shape that it creates. Most of us start losing it on he hairline, wich is precisely the frame of our face. Once the frame is ****ed, the painting doesnīt get any better. Why the **** donīt we start losing it only on the sides, or back?

3. Having hair is just a way to feel more atractive, to be confident, to atract women. And the "best" treatment has as possible side effects messing up with libido, and so on.. Why the **** doesnīt Fin has as side effects growing your nails 1inch a day or whatever? Some side effect that could be easily solved. But no.

4. I was having a slow hairloss. But trying to compensate the lack of hair, i went to gym to get in shape and started wheightlifting. Well, wheightlifting increases testosterone, and testosterone increases DHT, and DHT ****īs up what? Hair. So i had the worse shedding ever. Had to stop and lost gym gains, and yes, lots of hair.

5. The time that treatments take to see it they work or not. Waiting one year or so and meanwhile you end up not knowing wich causes what, if it was a normal shedding, or if it was from fin. Do you stop it? do tou continue it? ...

6. Price of "limited" hair transplants.

7. And yes, all the psychological part of it, wich is of course the worse. Looking in every mirror or shiny surface that you come across in the street. First thing you think in the morning. And fear of taking photos, and the fear of windy days, and the sunlight. And sleeping out of home and note being able to comb it right after waking up.

8. And living in the time that some "cure" may come up, maybe temporarly, maybe in the next five years, may affordable, maybe not. Iīd rather live in the time that we knew that was no possible solution, or in the time when the solution is already there.

Iīll say it again, it sucks, all parts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDyingBald View Post
    4. I was having a slow hairloss. But trying to compensate the lack of hair, i went to gym to get in shape and started wheightlifting. Well, wheightlifting increases testosterone, and testosterone increases DHT, and DHT ****īs up what? Hair. So i had the worse shedding ever. Had to stop and lost gym gains, and yes, lots of hair.
    Been in the gym for 3 months - I am shedding very little. Hairloss hasnt changed, tbh - weightlifting and hairloss is a myth.

I lost my most when I wasnt training.

NotDyingBald, were you on finasteride while training?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Been in the gym for 3 months - I am shedding very little. Hairloss hasnt changed, tbh - weightlifting and hairloss is a myth.

I lost my most when I wasnt training.
    By the time i started the gym, i was completing 6 months of Minox and with nice results, hair felt really thick. I start gym and two months after i have the worse shedding ever leading to mya hairloss to a stage that has never been before. Too much coincidence? I had use Minox in the past and never shed because of it and always had nice results.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    NotDyingBald, were you on finasteride while training?
    No i wasnīt. I never took Finasteride but this shedding wich doesnīt seem to get better, Iīm planning to start Fin.

Donīt misunderstand the fact that i said taking Fin is one of the worse part of Hairloss because side effects. I mentioned it as one of worse parts just because there is a possibility of those sides happening.