+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hair Transplants and Long Hair

I've been browsing the transplant results section of the site, and I've noticed that most of the patients tend to keep their hair cut fairly short after a transplant, even if they had long hair prior to the transplant. Why is this? My guess is that the transplanted hairs are long enough at 7 months-1 year that it necessitates an evening out. I'm considering an HT within the next couple years, but I wear my hair longer, and would not go through with it if I had to keep a shorter haircut anyways. So what's the deal with transplanted hairs, do they look good grown out? Do they behave the same way as the original hairs? Thanks for any info.

I've always thought the same thing. I wish Jotronic or Janna from SMG could comment on this.

Longest I can think of is a H&W patient who goes by the online pseudonym Johnny B. It's an insanely good result.

Also I recall seeing a Rahal guy with long hair. It was either Young Andy or HairlikeDepp. Might be the same person with different accounts. I can't remember.

Last one I can think of is Shuffle. I think he was a Dr. Hasson patient but I might be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Longest I can think of is a H&W patient who goes by the online pseudonym Johnny B. It's an insanely good result.

Also I recall seeing a Rahal guy with long hair. It was either Young Andy or HairlikeDepp. Might be the same person with different accounts. I can't remember.

Last one I can think of is Shuffle. I think he was a Dr. Hasson patient but I might be wrong on that.

See, that worries me a lot. I'm sure you've seen a great many more transplant results than that, but can only recall three. Any theories as to why this is the case?

I'm not looking for shoulder-length or anything, just a bit of length, kind of like Ashton Kutcher's hair length in those camera commercials, maybe a little longer.

I can't say really. I guess it's just not in fashion plus maybe it looks better shorter for most.

I'm sure there's loads of transplants out there grown out long. As much as I think Dr. Armani is a shambles he did some good strip work back in the day and I remember there was a guy that had long hair Tom Cruise MI2 style. Looked great. Couldn't find the result just now but it's out there. Of course the b4st4rds tried to pass the result off as FUE.

Tbh I guess it's the fact that most of the results posted online are at the 12 month mark and the patients haven't had time to grow their hair that long or don't want to.

You should actually look for female hair restoration results to better gauge. I saw a Dr. Feriduni one recently and it's one of the most spectacular results I've seen.

Is it possible that you're actually looking at what you want with Ashton Kutcher's hair? I mean he was suffering from some pretty aggressive mpb a number of years ago so what we see now is either an incredible reaction to meds, good styling and product or a great HT or a wig. Kind of doubt it's the latter. Young guys generally don't go for that option nowadays it seems.

I think maybe with Ashton though it's just good styling though I can't possibly know. UFC fighter Rich Franklin is quite receded but recently his hair looks amazing as it's just grown out a bit longer and styled well so good styling can be deceptive for sure.

Rich looks like Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Is it possible that you're actually looking at what you want with Ashton Kutcher's hair? I mean he was suffering from some pretty aggressive mpb a number of years ago so what we see now is either an incredible reaction to meds, good styling and product or a great HT or a wig. Kind of doubt it's the latter. Young guys generally don't go for that option nowadays it seems.
    I saw that one pic of him with Usher several years back and he clearly had some pretty aggressive recession going on, even worse than mine is currently. Now it looks much thicker up front, way better than mine. We have pretty much the exact same type of hair, only mine is darker. So I highly doubt he is just growing it out to cover up that early pic hairline. I can't wear my hair like that anymore and my mpb is less than his was in the pic. I'm starting to look weird as the front of my hair gets thinner and thinner and the back and sides remain incredibly thick. My guess is he might have had some hairline work and is now maintaining with fin. Just a guess though...

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    I'm considering an HT within the next couple years, but I wear my hair longer, and would not go through with it if I had to keep a shorter haircut anyways. So what's the deal with transplanted hairs, do they look good grown out?
    I wear my hair down to my shoulders like in my toon avatar on the left there. I've had two transplant procedures performed by a very gifted surgeon and the transplanted hair grows just like the rest of my hair. You would not be able to tell that I had hair transplant surgery. You can't even find my scar even if you know exactly where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I wear my hair down to my shoulders like in my toon avatar on the left there. I've had two transplant procedures performed by a very gifted surgeon and the transplanted hair grows just like the rest of my hair. You would not be able to tell that I had hair transplant surgery. You can't even find my scar even if you know exactly where it is.
    That's good to hear. I am starting to seriously consider getting hairline restoration work done within the next two years. Unfortunately I'm no longer able to take Propecia due to sides, and I did not like the Minox sides either. Without a way to keep what I have, a hair transplant at my age would be dangerous, as further recession behind the transplanted area is likely. I am desperate for a DHT blocker other than finasteride, as my current regimen consist solely of Nizoral shampoo, which won't do much on its own. But it is good to know that if I go to a good surgeon at least the transplanted area can look good...